Rules of GeneRally International Forum
1. The user respects other members of community. Flaming and other abusive or annoying behavior is not allowed. Sexual harassment and propagation of doctrines and movements oriented to limitation or negation of human rights are strictly forbidden.
2. The user keeps to the theme of forum and of its topics. Off-topic topics and replies are not allowed out of section dedicated to this matter. Spam topics and replies are strictly forbidden. Spam includes especially offering goods and services or any other kind of advertising and flooding of forum by abusive or unwanted topics and replies.
3. The user doesn't post a reply, which discloses plot details of e.g. a book, a play, a video game, a movie and a sport event (a spoiler) out of topics dedicated purely to the spoiled theme and clearly denoted by sign “*spoiler*” in subject of the topic, unless he sets bounds of the spoiling content in his reply by special text style dedicated to spoilers.
4. The user doesn't post a reply into inactive and old topics unless he needs to notify very important matter of fact (e.g. announcing an update of an important attachment) or a substantial new thought on the discussed theme to the other users. A topic is considered to be inactive and old, if its last regular replay is older than 2 months.
5. The user writes in English. User may use his native language, if it differs from English, as long as the user includes an English translation of the said in the same reply.
6. The user may use signature to his replies and private messages in following limits:
i. signature can consist rows of text up to 4 rows (including empty rows) of letters in normal size or 5 rows of letters in small size;
ii. signatures with letters in inadequate size are not allowed;
iii. pictures of any kind, size and resolution are not allowed.
7. The user respects copyright and other proprietary rights of individuals, particularly of other users, and corporate bodies. Asking for or offering links to warez content is strictly forbidden.
8. The user may upload up to 5 attachments to his reply in following formats and limits:
i. .zip and .rar files - up to 2MB;
ii. .png, .jpg and .gif files - up to 1MB and 800x600 pix. with exemption of avatars, which may not exceed 60kB and 120x120 px.
9. The user, who organizes a GeneRally competition with help of a discussion topic at the forum, may use GeneRally addons released at the forum without prior explicit permission of addon's author if:
i. the author doesn't demand opposite explicitly and clearly in an introducing text of the addon in its topic, reply, readme, comment or by another remarkable and certain way in time of release;
ii. the organizing user gives credits to the author;
iii. the organizing user doesn't modify the addon without author's explicit permission with exemption of:
a. checkpoints, speed limiters, AI lines or starting positions, which are freely modify-able, if the author of addon track doesn't explicitly forbid this option by similar way as mentioned in section i.;
b. safe-pits customization, if the author of addon track doesn't explicitly forbid this option by same ways as mentioned in section i. and the organizing user includes download link to unedited original version of the track into track's comment, readme in competition's gamepack, competition's website or forum topic;
c. using of particular exported car from a carpack, if the author of addon carpack doesn't explicitly forbid this option by same ways as mentioned in section i. and the organizing user includes download link to unedited, original and full version of the carpack into readme in competition's gamepack, competition's website or forum topic.
10. Track of the Month and Car of the Month may include addon tracks and cars released at the forum into its “Results packs” according to the results of the monthly, quarter, annual or other periodical elections.
11. If a file has been uploaded in contradiction with conditions of its license, the file will be removed from the server as fast as possible after a reasoned notification of the issue by author of file or any other person.
12. If an attachment is corrupted or lost under unusual unforeseeable circumstances, forum staff may re-post the attachment or its content into corresponding forum reply as new attachment instead of the original file.
III. Final articles
13. Forum reserves the right to delete any abusive content from its forum, the right to punish user for any committed infringement of these rules in accordance to weight of the infringement by means of an official warning, temporary and even permanent banning and the right to take any other reasonable measure to prevent continuation or repeating of any behavior or situation, which does not comply within these rules.
14. These rules are in force since 26th May 2010.