GIMP problem

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
Thunderstrucker

GIMP problem

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Hi :wave:
I'm here telling you that i discovered that GIMP has a .dll file that crashes my GR, and if someone has that problem, knows a sollution, please update :shy:
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
thegreatfalcon

Re: GIMP problem

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Hello

I think that your problem is about 18inches behind your screen... Check it out! :bg:
Thunderstrucker

Thank you for the friendly comment

thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

яαρнαєℓACϞDC wrote:Thank you for the friendly comment
Seriously... Why a simple dll would crash GR??? DLLs are usually placed in the application's main folder or in Windows/system... This said, there's another point to consider: GR only uses his own DLLs to work. In this case: None (If you forget DirectX environement...).
What crashes your GR is something else than GIMP's DLL like you say... If you are under Vista, look at the threads talking about fixing this... Other wise, I can just recommend you to grab a fresh new distro of GeneRally...
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

What error do you get when you start GR? Indeed, trying a fresh install of GR might help.

@TGF: Sometimes some broken dll:s might indeed cause other programs to crash when starting. Or sometimes they don't even have to be broken. For example I can't really open Adobe Premiere, since for some reason it searches for usable plugins, and these for some reason include the vst-plugins for music creating. Because of the incompatibility of some of the .dll:s and Premiere, the software freezes and/or shows up an error. I also remember back in the win98 era, that sometimes some software wouldn't open anymore after deleting another program. They popped up with Dll errors. I'm pretty sure these kind of errors won't occur anymore, but the Premiere issue is still there.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Thunderstrucker

Exactly.
Do someone has an answer without having to delete GIMP? :shy:

thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Have you re-installed the game?

And this is silly anyway... GR doesn't have plugins and it doesn't search for some... Why would it be crashed by some DLLs which it doesn't even use???
Other wise, if the problem is strictly broken DLLs, try getting them fixed by replacing them or maybe re-installing windows...

Sorry if I am silly but I never had such kind of problem and I think it's impossible... Sorry...