Savegamemerger doesn't work anymore?

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Savegamemerger doesn't work anymore?

Post by Trigger Happy »

merged replay works perfect. :heyea:

and about savegame reader? I confirm the description of problem - no replay in the saved file. :faintgirl:
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

Strange issue. Neither Markku nor I have touched the replay code, nor is it remotely affected by the port to SDL. Investigating :)

Edit
Nothing has changed in the replay format except for the header flag for the new version. I imagine this issue is due to how the save-game tools handle files with version flags they don't recognise. I have, however, just worked a solution into GR itself (ready for the 'bug-fix' release): if you specify "points" or "points, reversed" grid modes... the first race's grid will match the order of players in the selection list (reversed in the case of reversed mode). Hopefully this will remove the need for people to edit save-games with third-party programs to ensure they are on pole for a race, simply add yourself first, then your AI and you should be on pole (only works for the first race of a season) :bg: It needs to undergo testing, but it should be in the bug-fix release :)
majortom
GeneRally Wizard

Post by majortom »

ok, no one has problems with my merged replay?

seems to work! :goodvibes:

If their are problems, it should be the same problems as with 1.05 (bad track etc.)

On the other hand, their is a problem with reloading a saved game. When saving again,
replay is empty (their are only saved positions). This occurs always: after reloading
a starting grid (edited with savegamereader or not) or reloading a race. Savegame saves
a replay only by starting race with Start-Button or after a normal resume without loading.

I think, if some guys get errors when merging replays, min. one replay is of the empty sort.
(check filesize)

Principal a 1.10 competition with merged replays is possible, but every driver must start
his race with Start-Button and find startposition by try and error - or wait for bugfix ...
Buka

Post by Buka »

I wanted to say that I easily merged 1.05 and 1.10 replays in 1.05 version and they work even though 1.10 replays don't individually. :shrug:

GRC, round 1.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Great news. :bg:

So it means, that only real problem seems to be editing the grid - not in positions (can be solved by restarts to get e.g. pole), but editing start reactions of human and AI drivers - e.g. to gain safe starts without 1st-curve-crashes for login races in 1.10. Right?
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

The one time I tried to merge two v1.10 savegames I got an overflow error, saying that neither game contained any data. xD
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Bump and double post, not good but I still can't get the savegames to merge even with the hex file editing. What did you do to get it working, I can't quite work it out? Or is v1.10b unmergeable anyway?
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

Lukeno94 wrote:Bump and double post, not good but I still can't get the savegames to merge even with the hex file editing. What did you do to get it working, I can't quite work it out? Or is v1.10b unmergeable anyway?
I also can't marge saves from 1.10 or 1.10b. Aby ideas?
Buka

Post by Buka »

The main key to merging is here:
majortom wrote:Principal a 1.10 competition with merged replays is possible, but every driver must start
his race with Start-Button and find startposition by try and error - or wait for bugfix ...
With 1.10b version it's not even a problem as you can choose your starting position.
If you don't have data in your savegame it means that your races were started from save.

At least I think so.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

No, these were two standard races where I was on my own, without AI, I made no attempt to change the starting order. ;)

EDIT: It works fine for me when racing with AI, even with GeneRally 1.10b (I assume it is, at any rate)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Buka wrote:If you don't have data in your savegame it means that your races were started from save.
Not necessarily. I've had it happen with normal racing without mid-race saving.
Buka

Post by Buka »

Lukeno94 wrote:No, these were two standard races where I was on my own, without AI, I made no attempt to change the starting order. ;)
EDIT: It works fine for me when racing with AI, even with GeneRally 1.10b (I assume it is, at any rate)
I'm afraid this mean that merging TTs and HLs in 1.10 aren't possible, isn't it? I've tested it and it looks so. :headbang:
TuomoH wrote:Not necessarily. I've had it happen with normal racing without mid-race saving.
And without pre-race saving? Even with AIs?
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

It does indeed seem to mean merging TT/HL is impossible. Hence why my OHS compo will not involve either of these unless the next version of GeneRally fixes this, or a new merger appears. xD
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Buka wrote:And without pre-race saving? Even with AIs?
Yes. The very first (and only) 1.10 compo race I had ended up with an empty replay. I started normally, no saving or anything, raced and saved the game - empty replay.