Multiple controllers

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
Jani

Multiple controllers

Post by Jani »

Hello,

I quickly glanced thru the forum and didn't see any topics about this.

Ok, here's the problem: only the first controller is being recognized if I try multiple controllers. The issue might be that I have 4 identical Xbox360 controllers and a receiver for those. They do work fine in other apps, except FIFA10. So, it's a design issue concerning controllers with identical information, except index. I don't have other controllers to test the problem, but at least with these controllers the problem is reproducible.

Also, Generally 1.0x is fine with the four controllers. Too bad it's horrible to use on Win7 compared to this new baby. Thanks for a great game, btw!

Then another bug report. Set resolution to eg. 1920x1080 using your TV. Turn off the game and go back to your computer display and try running the game. The game crashes, because my monitor doesn't support 1920x1080 resolution, only 1280x1024. So, some kind of check is needed to make sure the resolution is actually supported.

Regards,
Jani

EDIT: Spelling mistake.
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Re: Multiple controllers

Post by LongBow »

First of all, welcome to the forums :wave:

I think it would be better to post your problems/bugs in the "bug report thread" where your issues could be taken in consideration for the next or future GR versions.

:scratch: maybe the resolution thing would be better if posted in the feature request list...I'm not sure...
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

About the resolutions from report topic:
James wrote:Targeted for a future version. This is already on our 'to do' list - but requires a change in how GR handles resolutions. The behaviour of the application crashing is OS 'default' behaviour for out-of-range full-screen resolutions, but we hope to implement 'supported resolution' detection for the next version.
Jani

Post by Jani »

Ah, I didn't actually search for the other bug. It just popped to my mind during writing the controller bug. Well, I'll post the controller one in the bug topic.

Oh yeh, the point of this topic was to ask first if anyone else had similar problems. Making pointless bug reports is annoying :p

EDIT: someone else had made this same bug report using "gamepad" word. Thus I didn't find any hits.
Jani

Post by Jani »

Has anyone gotten any joypad to keyboard emulators to work? I'd really like to play this with my friends, but it seems that there's no progress (no confirmation or anything) on this bug.

Those joypad to keyboard emulators would require disabling joypad support in the game.. I wonder how to achieve this?
BayerMeister

Post by BayerMeister »

Hi, I just bought 4 different cheap Genius joypads to play games like GeneRally with friends.
It doesn't work with GeneRally as described here - once more than one is connected it is impossible to set player buttons (upon selection of action (like accelerate) a button of a joypad that nobody pressed pops in (and always the same - like joy1: B1)).

This applies to version 1.10, it works however in 1.05, which I found out thanks to this thread... Thank you very much!
Loula

Post by Loula »

BayerMeister wrote:Hi, I just bought 4 different cheap Genius joypads to play games like GeneRally with friends.
It doesn't work with GeneRally as described here - once more than one is connected it is impossible to set player buttons (upon selection of action (like accelerate) a button of a joypad that nobody pressed pops in (and always the same - like joy1: B1)).

This applies to version 1.10, it works however in 1.05, which I found out thanks to this thread... Thank you very much!
I have the same problem!!!!
Please fix this bug!!!

Please.... :weep: