I NEED: A proper Snakeditor tutorial for beginners.

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
Alex

I NEED: A proper Snakeditor tutorial for beginners.

Post by Alex »

Sorry guys, especially if there's already a thread about this but i haven't got the slightest clue on how to use SnakEditor. The only things i've figured out are how you can change the track's colour, modify the kerbs and distort the shape of the basic oval. I need a tutorial on how to place objects into cool shapes and make a proper track shape instead of that stupid oval that covers the screen all the time. Thanks for any help.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: I NEED: A proper Snakeditor tutorial for beginners.

Post by Trigger Happy »

At first, did you tried to read its documentation? If yes, can you explain me, what don't you get there? :scratch: And then of course the above mentioned tutorial, which simply explains, how to make the layout......
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Alex wrote:I need a tutorial on how to place objects into cool shapes
Apart from the tutorial Areen linked which is as simple as you can possibly get i dont see what the issue might be.

However if you are trying to do more, like you said about placing objects, don't. go do that in Track Editor, i use an older version of snakeditor like the one in Halama's tutorial without the object features as it is overcomplicated for what i need it for.

But as Ivo said, if theres a simple issue you dont understand, im sure it will be easy enough to explain.
Areen

Post by Areen »

For me snakeeditor is only for making track layout. For the rest I use TE and Paint.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I usually make the track in Gimp and some parts of the surroundings in Snakeditor. :mrgreen:
If you can understand german, here also a tutorial for an older snakeditor: link