Paint.net

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
GeneSuomi

Paint.net

Post by GeneSuomi »

Is there anyone using Paint.net? It's handy for making layouts but that's all I can do with it. Even though I save the file as 16-color bmp, the colours change, so I have to fix them with MS Paint. That mean's that I can't go back to the Paint.net once I have fixed the colours.

The zip contains two files. "Paint" and "Paint.net". When I open "Paint" in Paint.net, save it as 16.colour bitmap, open it in Track editor and export it to the folder, it turns into "Paint.net" :vsad: Any Ideas?
Attachments
Paint.net.zip
(813 Bytes) Downloaded 167 times
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
GeneSuomi

Re: Paint.net

Post by GeneSuomi »

I have been forced to make a prdiction that I might be the only one using this program...
Alex

Post by Alex »

Save the image on Paint.net, open it in paint, select it and then paste it into an image with the GR Palette. :ugeek:
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I don't know paint.net. But it should be possible to open a normal landmap file with gimp, then once make a "generally-palette" (see this tutorial for advanced info), and for your custom file, save in paint.net in rgb mode (or indexed, who cares), so that you can choose the "indexed" colour mode with your custom palette in GIMP... :)
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Alex wrote:Save the image on Paint.net, open it in paint, select it and then paste it into an image with the GR Palette. :ugeek:
Of course I could fix the colours over and over again with Paint. I just wonder, why I have to do it since Paint.net saves 16-colour bitmaps.
If I have made a complicated landmap and I descde to change the layout with Paint.net, how could I know that all the details will survive. For exemple, grass turn mud in in Paint.net. But if yellow line turns also into mud, I will lost that detail. + I don't want to go through tje whole palette after every mino change