Track cutting, any penalities?

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
RacerBG

Track cutting, any penalities?

Post by RacerBG »

So thats is my question, because I do that sometimes, Im curious to understand what exactly happens if you cut some corner or a whole sector of the track. :)
Gentlemens, start your engines!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Track cutting, any penalities?

Post by XYY »

In the Trackeditor (which is included in the original zip of :gr: ) you can see the "Checkpoints". Those are blue rectangles with a little white number inside. If you don't pass the checkpoints after the numbers, your lap won't be counted. Nothing's as simple as that.
But if the track allows you to cut, you can cut without getting penalties. Just if you want to participate in competitions you shouldn't cut :D
RacerBG

Post by RacerBG »

How many checkpoints can be maded?

In one real travk they're 2 + SF = 3. :bg:
Paw

Post by Paw »

There perhaps is some limit, but nobody is making that much checkpoints. Usually they are placed at corners, so people won't cut on the inside and because corners "define" the track, if you know what I'm talking about. You can open any track in the Track Editor so you can look at it yourself.
RacerBG

Post by RacerBG »

Paw wrote:There perhaps is some limit, but nobody is making that much checkpoints. Usually they are placed at corners, so people won't cut on the inside and because corners "define" the track, if you know what I'm talking about. You can open any track in the Track Editor so you can look at it yourself.
Ofcourse I know, I had played MRO a lot and for that reason Im curious to understand this, because here you can easily cut some parts of some tracks, but now for me the "sky" is clear. :bg:

Thank you. :)