Jordan F1

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
jefcam

Jordan F1

Post by jefcam »

I've tried experimenting to add the Jordan F1 Car. When i see it in car editor it is yellow. but when i go in game some parts turn red.

Can anyone fix this problem for me and tell me what was the problem?
Attachments
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Jordan.zip
(914 Bytes) Downloaded 196 times
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Jordan F1

Post by Herbal »

Give me some seconds and I'll sort that out. :)

EDIT: the problem was that you've used 114 as yellow, but that colour clashes in GR, so I'd rather suggest using 112 or 111 instead.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Although you can use the reverse-normals trick so that 114 works correctly:

1: Invert the model
2: Normalize it
3: Revert the model back to normal
4: Do not renormalize
5: it should now work.
jefcam

Post by jefcam »

Hi Lukeno94, to make the commands you mentioned what program should i use.

as i am using Generally Car Editor v0.9.2
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

It's part of the Car Editor.

To invert: Options - the second button for the "Top" section - OK.
To normalize: Click on the model until you get to the "Lighting" section - click the normalize button.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

jefcam wrote:Hi Lukeno94, to make the commands you mentioned what program should i use.
I recommend you to follow rather Herbal's hint - you simply chose wrong color. Always keep 2 similar tones towards right from chosen color in the color menu - the first (in this case 112) will be used for normal conditions (or on darkest parts?), the following two towards right to other purposes (like under water or the other angles) - that's why you see red there - you chose yellow 114, but 115, 116 are red. With chosen 112 it will use 113 and 114 (all are tones of yellow) so it will be OK.

Normalisation has very different purpose - it will calculate the normals used for shading & hilights of model, so generally flipping polies up-side down and their normalisation has influence on colouring the car and you can mess the correct appearance in game by it. To flip some polies to darken a bit the normalisation I'd recommend only for use in relation of small polies to darken the final version, when it goes too light in some parts (like near headlights - you'll see some blue tones in corners sometimes). Old Strava's CarEitor (or related stuff) had option to use less aggressive alt. normalisation (80%), if similar issue occurs, Juan's CE hasn't it, so by flipping some small polies in problematic area you'll reach same result (slightly darker normalisation on particular chosen areas). But this is separate issue basically unrelated to your problem.
jefcam

Post by jefcam »

Thanks. Herbal's tip helped me solved the problem.

(also this car editor does not work form me on win7, only on xp. - the model program does notr open)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

jefcam wrote:(also this car editor does not work form me on win7, only on xp. - the model program does notr open)
It's a common thing on Win7. After you've clicked model window it goes offscreen but you should be able to bring it up by pressing win+up on your keyboard. :)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

It's an equally common issue on Vista ;)