GeneRally for Mac?

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
chapnis

GeneRally for Mac?

Post by chapnis »

I used to love GR but now I'm running a sucky Mac, has anyone ported it at all?
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: GeneRally for Mac?

Post by Mad Dan »

This questin was asked so many times, I recommend you to use search function because here on forums theres one guy who I think advised to use sort of virtual PC or something ;). Just search for it, it is here somewhere.
chapnis

Post by chapnis »

The virtual PC thing lags, I think I need a Wine wrapper or something.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Mr.J once posted a solution at PGR.de to play GR on Linux with WineHQ. You have to install this program and right-click on GR.exe. Then choose "run with wine".
The homepage of WineHQ doesn't seem to offer a direct download for Mac. So you should take a look at this as well.
But as I haven't got a Mac or a Linux to test it, and as Mr.J used this configuration on a Linux, I won't guarantee anything :shhh:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I don't know, how about 1.10, but IIRC guys told, that the GR 1.05 was lagging a lot on Virtual PC, but worked pretty well on Virtualbox. Maybe 1.10 behaves similarly. Also try to contact the guy, who posted a Wine Wrapper with GR in the General discussion, which we had to lock (primarily because of breaking MS licence of some used dlls) - he knows, how to make GR working on mac. :)