Edit car values outside the normal range?

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
Motormann

Edit car values outside the normal range?

Post by Motormann »

I'm making an R/C car set and tracks, and I need to be able to set values for the cars that are outside the limits of Juan's car editor. I read somewhere on here that Strava has an editor that lets you set them higher, can someone send it to me, or direct me to a download?

I know pretty much what I need, I had downloaded a car called "Supercar" from somewhere ages ago, which had ridiculously high settings (undriveable). But I can load it up in Juan's editor and change most of the settings into normal range, and with tons of tweaking, I got it driving like a perfect R/C car. It's very fast, and has huge grip level, 13 for tarmac. What I need though is to set the grip level for other surfaces to match, because the tracks I'm building are carpet tracks, and I like to use the colored surfaces instead of tarmac. I've played with the palette to change the tarmac color, but it doesn't look quite like I want.

Has anyone else played much with car settings outside the normal limits? The one flaw that I'm getting with the car settings I have now is that if the cars get airborne, especially flipped upside down or sideways, they can go flying at huge speed towards the track boundaries, and sometimes even crash the game. At best, when that happens, the car can get stuck high up on the invisible wall, and you can't always drive it back down. With most of the settings in the normal limits, I think it's either the grip level, or maybe air-resistance (which I have very low, like .1) that is causing this. I can live with it, because if you drive good, and with good ai lines, it doesn't happen too often, but it would be nice to fix it if possible. To do that though I need help figuring out why its happening.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Edit car values outside the normal range?

Post by Lukeno94 »

Strava Car Editor does this, and yes, I've done it. I have made some really weird things happen by putting negative values in. :D
Motormann

Post by Motormann »

Okay, that's good to know, but where can I download?

Also, I think I figured out the flying car problem, it seems to be mostly the air resistance. By increasing it, and increasing power to compensate, the worst of the problem seems to be cured.
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Mail sent :)

I'm really looking forward your R/C work :yummy: BTW there is already a great soundset for R/C car made by Rich Nagel but I cant find it on his website http://home.earthlink.net/~richnagel/grstuff.htm. If you are interested I can send it to you :)

And another thing.....did you ever experimented with 4 x 4 car drive. I mean one drive wheel on front an one in the rear? Is there any difference in driving such car?
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I'd also like to have it...
could you please send me a PM ?
Motormann

Post by Motormann »

Thanks Longbow, that's going to make things much nicer. I will be posting my R/C stuff when it's ready. The plan is a complete package with cars, tracks, custom palette, driver set, etc... The tracks I'm making are carpet indoor road courses based on the layout of the 2010 F1 schedule. I have a nice start on some F1 cars, but also will offer some sedan cars. I just finished a bugatti veyron which came out really nice. For using this R/C set, I highly recommend you get a pistol grip controller. You can buy one from Virtual RC:

http://www.virtualrc.com/products/produ ... 2&prid=205

They also have usb adapters so you can use your existing transmitter and receiver with your PC. I made my own using an old junk radio I had. This R/C car can be driven with the keys, but its so "snappy" that you really need finer control to be really smooth and fast.

If you have those R/C sounds, I'd like to check them out. I'm currently using some that were used in an R/C rFactor mod. They aren't bad, but could be better.

One more thing, once you drive these R/C cars, you will have a tough time going back to the normal generally cars. It feels like driving in molasses :lol:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I would prefer that you didn't advertise products on this forum.
Motormann

Post by Motormann »

I'm hardly advertising. I think a controller that can improve generally is something most people on this forum might be interested in. I don't even own that controller by the way, so I have no interest in it in terms of getting them sales or anything. I made my own R/C controller. This is just a suggestion of how the average person who might not be able to make their own can get one. As far as I know, there is no other similar product available.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

plz send me a pm containing Stravas CarEditor
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

XYY wrote:plz send me a pm containing Stravas CarEditor
Email sent :)

@ Motormann: I sent you the soundset. When you release your RC stuff, don't forget to upload your custom palette to GeneRally palettes archive ;)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I can't find this mail :eyes: please send me a private message!!
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Could someone send me this editor? I want to try it :yummy:.
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

@ XYY: PM sent...
@ Lorenzo: email sent
@ Crono: email sent
@ myself: need to contact Strava, so he can upload or post a link to his car editor...
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Good idea!!
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Just in case somebody didn't notice, Strave posted his tools In this Thread :nod: