Making Soundsets for GeneRally 1.10c??

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
ChristopherT

Making Soundsets for GeneRally 1.10c??

Post by ChristopherT »

I've got hundreds of sound clips in my old flight simulator folders for adding to scenery. What I'm curious about is how hard it is to make .wav files that work in GeneRally? I have Audacity and Goldwave so making the files is not a problem! What I see in the Default folder is the following, Damage.wav, Ding.wav, Engine.wav, Skid.wav and Yeah.wav! I'm assuming it's the Engine.wav that has to be changed for each different sound pack?

Thanks, Everyone!

ChristopherT
SammieVL

Re: Making Soundsets for GeneRally 1.10c??

Post by SammieVL »

Engine is the sound that a car makes when it drives, duh?
Damage is the sound when you crash.
Ding is the sound for the... well... when a race starts it goes "3 2 1 go" and Ding is the sound that it makes.
Skid is the sound when you slide with your car.
Yeah is the sound when you win.

There's also the excluded Fuel.wav (something like that) wich would have to say that you need to go to the pits.
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I can't remember 100%, but you may need to edit the pitch of your older sound files to have them sound correct in GeneRally 1.10. :)
ChristopherT

Post by ChristopherT »

Thanks, Guys! Lukeno94, for the most part I'm going to save them at 22,050 and play it by ear! I'm
working on a Sopwith-style Rotary Biplane now for Mopower's Biplane Car. I'm also doing a bigger Radial
Biplane like a Stearman or Beech 17 Racer! WouterVL, you did verify what I suspected and thanks!

ChristopherT
ChristopherT

Post by ChristopherT »

Thanks, Longbow! That really helped. Now I'm going to make some changes to my Biplane set before I
post it!

Thanks!

ChristopherT