AI Skill

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
mintleaf

AI Skill

Post by mintleaf »

Sorry for the hasty post, I don't have too much time on my hands.

How do higher skilled AI drivers execute the turns the way they do? Suppose an AI only had the limitations of the human input (if it doesn't), would the result be the same? It is as if their brakes are better than ours. It is as if they have an analog or gradient output, like just applying the brake weakly rather than 100%.

Anybody know any details about the AI?

If I am wrong, what are the secrets to playing like that? They barely leave any skid marks! They never even smoke during their turns!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: AI Skill

Post by TuomoH »

Do you mean higher skilled AI drivers as those with AI level above 100? If that's the case, I've understood that they actually cheat, they have better traction than human players or AI drivers with skill level 100 or less.
NICO1

Post by NICO1 »

And still they dont win *g* Tuomoh, may I ask you as an experienced driver, how high AI's you can still beat? I can do it till 104 sometimes 105 (Formula). But after that it's kinda getting impossible.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Depends on the track (i.e., AI line) and the surface. On my own tarmac tracks I have hard time with AI level 110 when driving Formula. On rally surfaces I have hard time with 105.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

sorry for bump
But much depend on AI-line. If its bad, betting 100leveled AI isn't problem for Rookie. But if it's made great, beating 90level AI is sometimes problem.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Paw

Post by Paw »

FRUKIScze wrote:
sorry for bump
But much depend on AI-line. If its bad, betting 100leveled AI isn't problem for Rookie. But if it's made great, beating 90level AI is sometimes problem.
Well, it's pretty obvious, it was even stated by TuomoH in post just above yours :|
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

It is in brackets, so i didn't saw it.
But still
|
\/
Attachments
jiFfM.jpg
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)