GeneRally v1.2 - BUG REPORTS

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
Areen

Re: GeneRally v1.2 - BUG REPORTS

Post by Areen »

James wrote:Rejected. As per TuomoH's comment (see below), we won't be fixing this as this is to do with replay fidelity and, as such, isn't a bug per-se. For reference, Tuomo is right, the result GR gives in-game is accurate, but because the replay is recorded with a low FrameStep, not every frame that GR produces is saved into the replay file (that's the point of that 'feature'). The last frame and the results differ for that reason.
TuomoH wrote:The problem is that the competitions use the FrameRate = 5 setting to have reasonable sized replays. In other words, the replays work at 20 Hz level. To get them work at 100Hz level, which responds to the 0.01s differences the game supports, and not have problems such as Areen reports, the replays would be 5 times bigger than they currently are. As long as competitions use the current FrameRate (which is wise to save the space, bandwidth etc) we have to live with this problem.
Problem
Observed in v1.2? Yes
Observed in v1.10c? Yes
Observed in v1.05? Yes
Game shows wrong winner of the race, when the distance between two racers is very small.

Expected Behaviour
The game should show the real winner.

Reproduction
It's very rare case. This picture shows it well:
Błąd.png
System Configuration
Operating System: Windows 7
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce G102M.
Deadmanwater

Post by Deadmanwater »

James wrote:Rejected. This isn't a bug - please search the forum, as this is an error caused by you not installing the MSVC++ Runtime DLLs.
Problem
Observed in v1.2? Yes
Observed in v1.10c? Kinda
Observed in v1.05? No
The game won't start, and has this error message:

The procedure entry point
??1critical_section@Concurrency@@QAE@XZ could not be located in
the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll

For v1.10c, this message:

The procedure entry point_invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn could
not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll

And in v1.05 I have glitches with the colours

Expected Behaviour
This error message should not show

Reproduction
Double click the executable
Error message shows
I have tried compatibility mode but this doesn't work.

System Configuration
Hardware: HP dv6 laptop, AMD Quad core 1.9 GHz, 2x4gb Ram, AMD A9-3430MX APU with Radeon HD graphics, 700 GB HDD
m1dyyy

Post by m1dyyy »

James wrote:Cannot reproduce this issue. This one continues to elude us - nothing we can do here, unfortunately :(
Problem
Observed in v1.2c? Yes
Observed in v1.10c? No
Observed in v1.05? No
Game sometimes crashes while trying to add human player to racers list. When I relaunch game and go into my (player) statistics, I can see integer overflow in window. Please note that I had some circuits before game started to crash.

Expected Behaviour
The game should not crash when trying to add human player to racers list.
The game should not mess up my driver statistics with integer overflow.

Reproducible: sometimes (sorry, this kind of bugs are hard to reproduce)

Reproduction
Click on human player to add it to list.
If you're lucky - game should crash. Then relaunch game and go to your driver (the one that crashed game) statistics to see integer overflow.

System Configuration
Operating System: Windows XP SP3 PL
Hardware: HP Compaq 6820 notebook: Intel Dual Core 1.7 GHz, 1x1GB + 1x512MB, ATI Radeon 1350 160GB HDD
Attachments
GR v1.2c crash files.zip
Inside 2 png screenshots, appcompat log and other info, both in plain text format
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 572 times
Bird

Post by Bird »

James wrote:Under consideration. We'll look into suitable solutions for this - though your idea of disabling the limiter after 30 seconds seems like it might be a good idea. No promises on a fix, but we'll do our best :)
I don't know if this is a real bug, please comment on this:

Problem
Observed in v1.2c? Yes
Observed in v1.10c? No
Observed in v1.05? No

Situation: In a race with AI's, I want to go to the pits. Unfortunately I collidie with an AI and he is pushed into the pits as well. Then he passes the speed limiter, but he want's to go back on the track, because he still follows the normal race line. If the AI manages to come back on the track, he will drive along the circuit with activated pit speed limiter, because he didn't passed the end of the pits.

Expected Behaviour
Two possibilities: 1. The AI should make a pitstop, although he didn't needs one
or 2. The speed limiter should be switched off, when the AI drives on the racetrack (maybe there should be a limit of 30 seconds, and after that limit the pit speed limiter is switched off automatically).

Reproduction
That happens not very often. There are not many tracks, where this situation is possible.
Supporter of Windows 98
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Not sure why, but I've been noticing some issues recently that I hadn't before. I've spent quite some time today trying to replicate them, but I can't figure out what causes them as they sometimes just occur... I realise neither of these are detrimental to the game, but thought they were worth mentioning anyway.
James wrote:Cannot reproduce this issue. Have tried every which way of starting a race, various durations of holding the mouse or the return key, nothing gives me this issue on any test machine.
Problem
Observed in v1.2c? Occasionally
Observed in v1.10c? No
Observed in v1.05? No
When setting up a championship, the first race starts immediately without demonstrating the lap record box.

Expected Behaviour
The game should, upon clicking the 'start' button show the first track with the track record detail box, but sometimes this doesnt appear and the lights start going out straight away.

Reproducible: No, it just seems to happen sometimes. I've tried with tracks where a previous record exists and tracks I've never raced on as the first event, but it doesnt seem to make any odds, just sometimes it happens and I don't know why.

Reproduction
Set up a championship, click start, if you're lucky it will occur

-------------------------------------------------------
James wrote:Cannot reproduce this issue. I thought I'd fixed this one... and I can't reproduce it on any number of machines I've tried. If I come across it I'll fix it, but until then, I've got nothing to go on :(
Problem

Observed in v1.2c? Occasionally
Observed in v1.10c? No
Observed in v1.05? No
When exiting a season mid race, hitting the return key on the confirmation dialogue box causes the game to exit fullscreen mode.

Expected Behaviour
Game should remain in fullscreen mode if this option is checked.

Reproducible: Again occasionally, but more frequent than issue 1

Reproduction
Ensure Fullscreen mode is checked. Set up a championship, click start, part way through the race, pause and click end season. on the confirmation box that appears, hit the return key on the keyboard. The screen goes black for a split second and returns in 'windowed mode' but the window in my case is larger than my screen. I then have to go to the options menu to re-tick fullscreen mode.

System Configuration
Operating System: Windows 7 SP3 PL
Hardware: Samsung RC710: Intel Dual Core i5 2.67GHz, 4gb RAM, resolution: 1600x900, Nvidia geforce 315M.
Snorxal

Post by Snorxal »

James wrote:Rejected. Not a bug with the TE, as you pointed out!
Problem
Observed in 1.2c: yes
Observed in 1.10: no
Observed in 1.05: no

When I try to edit a track using paint, on my desktop computer, importing the lmap back into TE works fine, but when I try to import an lmap into TE on my laptop, the lmap that is displayed is all black and white (see image attached).

Expected Behaviour

Importing lmaps into TE should function normally in full colour

Reproduction

[*]Open new file in TE
[*]Export lmap into paint
[*]Import lmap back into TE

System Configuration
[*]Laptop[/b]
[*]Windows 7 with Intel Core i5, Nvidia GEFORCE GT, Nvidia Optimus, ...aaand I don't really know much else in terms of hardware
[*]Desktop Computer[/b]
[*]Windows XP... but I dont really know what the hardware is on this computer...sorry.. :sorry:

EDIT: never mind. Someone told me that it was because of the version of paint on windows 7. I've downloaded paint XP and it works fine now. :bg:
Attachments
Lmap Importing Bug on TrackEditor.png
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

James wrote:Cannot reproduce this issue. We've tried reproducing this, but can't get it to happen. If you find any consistently reproducible case for this, feel free to post the bug again.
Problem
Importing LMap sometimes making bug, grass have got tarmac colour and tarmac have got grass's colour but not always.

Observed in v1.2? Yes
Observed in v1.10c? No
Observed in v1.05? No
You can see bug when you want import LMap.

Expected Behaviour
LMap should be imported with true colours.

Reproduction
Open TE
Import LMap
Land have got wrong colours (not always!)

System Configuration
Windows XP SP2, 512MB RAM, processor 1,8GHz, graphic card 512MB... (I don't remember more because I'm writing from computer in school).
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

James wrote:Cannot reproduce this issue. Have had no luck in reproducing this, unfortunately - every race, every fuel consumption setting, every machine... it all works as intended.
PROBLEM:
When you are racing with AIs, and when they are going to the pits, they fully change tyres and re full fuel, they have still red F, instead position(More info in pictures)

Observed in 1,2c? Not often
Observed in 1,10c? No
Observed in 1,05? No

System Configuration:
Windows XP SP3, Intel Celeron 1.0GHZ, 256 RAM, Integrated graphics 64mb.

Ps: don't worry, I have already bought new computer.
Attachments
Fuel Bug.PNG
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

James wrote:Rejected. And yes, we do read these :p
Does anyone actually read these anymore?

Problem
I simply can't drive as fast with other cars on the track. No matter how fast I drive with the same settings,
my lap times are always slower when racing against others than when doing a time trial alone, and it's not due to traffic.
The car feels not as grippy as when driving alone.

Observed in v1.2? Yes
Observed in v1.10c? No idea
Observed in v1.05? No

Expected Behaviour
You should be able to drive as fast with other cars on the track as if you drove alone.

Reproduction
Choose a car, a track and enough laps.
Go drive alone.
Keep your eye on the lap times.

After you've finished, keep everything the same except that you choose one or more AI against you.
Alternatively, choose another human driver and drive the car off the road.
Go drive again.
Let the AI go for some time so you don't catch them very soon and have free room to drive.

No matter what you do, you simply aren't able to do as fast lap times.

System Configuration
Windows XP SP3, 2 GB Ram, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+, ATi Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512 MB

MYSTERY SOLVED after doing some experiments, thanks to puttz and XYY :)
Last edited by Krisu on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

James wrote:Cannot reproduce this issue. I've seen this happen once, but unfortunately I wasn't running the debugger at the time... I've not been able to reproduce it since, even in some extensive testing. If it crops up again before any future version, I'll try to fix it.
Problem
Observed in v1.2c? yes
Observed in v1.10c? n/a
Observed in v1.05? n/a
The game crashes when starting a race on unfinished track.

Expected Behaviour
The game should not crash in this situation.

Reproduction
  1. Create a track without AI line, pits, checkpoints etc. and save it
  2. Run the game
  3. Choose a player and your new track
  4. Click Start
  5. Crash!
System Configuration
Operating System: Windows XP
Hardware: AMD Athlon 64 3000+, nVidia GeForce 210, 1 GB RAM

(not my computer, just reporting a bug from generally.pl user Sartalas - he had this problem when creating his own tracks and when starting in Speedway Grand Prix series)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

James wrote:Cannot reproduce this issue. After many, many 1-race-seasons in quick succession, I can't get this crash to happen. If I can reproduce it in the future, I'll try to fix it.
Problem
Observed in v1.2? Yes
Observed in v1.10c? N/A
Observed in v1.05? Yes
The game crashes when I end a few 1-race-seasons after each other (always happens to me when I make screens for Car of the Month). However when I use the "end Race" button it doesn't crash.

Expected Behaviour
The game should not crash when I end 1-race seasons quickly after each other, like it doesn't crash when you press "end race" (edit: ok it also crashes with the "end race" button but not so often. I also noticed that it crashes more often if you always keep the same player).

Reproduction

1. Select 1 track and player
2. select a car
3. Start race
4. press f12 while the lights go off
5. press esc before the race started
6. press "end season"
7. repeat steps 2-6 a few times

System Configuration
Operating System: Windows XP
Hardware: Intel Core 2 T5500 1.66 GHz, 2gb RAM, ATi mobility Radeon X1700 512MB.

(note: once I'm on my desktop PC I'll also test it with W7)
puttz

Post by puttz »

James wrote:Fixed. Finally tracked this one down and fixed it - this will be included in any future release of GR.
Problem
Observed in v1.2? Yes
Observed in v1.10c? No
Observed in v1.05? No
The game still does not seem to properly save and load timed races. I load a series that is supposed to be 5 minute races, and it is some time greater than 5 minutes. The autosave seems to be the only one that works right most of the time. Named saves often seem to mess up.

Expected Behaviour
Saves should always load with the correct race time.

Reproduction
Start a series with multiple races and time limit setting.
Run one race, then advance to the next race.
Save game before starting next race.
Exit series.
Load series.
Start Race. Time will be incorrect.

System Configuration
Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium
Hardware: Pentium Dual-Core T4500 2.30 GHz, 4GB RAM

Bouncebackability wrote:In addition to puttz post above, the timer seems to reload with the minutes since the save was made added on. I saved my 5 minute race season yesterday, loaded it up to continue today and I had 1504 minutes to go! The timing fits too, about 25 hours after I saved it.
puttz wrote:Yeah, that sounds about right. I had loaded a save a couple of days later and it had thousands of minutes. :shock: What's weird is that the autosave doesn't seem to do it, only when you manually save :shrug:
Attachments
shot0126.png
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Fermmoylle

Post by Fermmoylle »

James wrote:Fixed. Okay, I'm aware nearly two years is a bit of a long time for fixing this one... but I finally was able to reproduce, track down and fix this (pending some testing). This is probably a big enough one for me to put out some v1.2d at some point in the hopefully not too distant future.
EDIT: It worked when set compatibility mode to Windows XP. Yet I believe this should not happen. Feel free to disregard this as a bug if you think this solution is enough.

Problem
Observed in v1.2? Yes
Observed in v1.10c? No
When using a clean install on a clean folder, the game crashes the moment I try to race.
When trying for the second (and later) time, the game crashes at the startup.
Reason of crash: can't find supported resolutions (even if my resolution is not custom and I selected it from inside GR menu)

Expected Behaviour
GeneRally shouldn't crash.

Reproduction
Open the game.

System Configuration
Operating System: Windows 8.1
Hardware: Intel Core i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz; Intel HD Graphics 2500 (1920x1080); Monitor Samsung SyncMaster SA 300
Marcelo "Fermmoylle" Paschoalin
marass

Post by marass »

James wrote:Fixed. Fixed, I think - this will be included in any future release of GR.
I know that is not major problem right now in development of GR2, but it should be fixed, if somebody want to play good old GR1
Problem
Observed in v1.2c? Yes
Observed in v1.10c? N/A
Observed in v1.05? N/A
The game adds time in time limited races when started race and you go to menu

Expected Behaviour

The game should not add time in time limited races
Reproduction
Start time limited race after it loads, go to race menu, wait few seconds (minutes) and voilá! You have seconds as a bonus.

System Configuration
Hardware: Athlon II X2 260 3,2 GHz, 2 GB RAM with 256 MB for video card.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

Problem
Observed in v1.2? Yes
Observed in v1.10c? n/a
Observed in v1.05? n/a

Although I set the race distance to 5 mins (+2 laps), the game used the previous settings (20 km) during my following timetrial.

Expected Behaviour
The game should use the race distance that is actually set.

Reproduction
  1. Start the game.
  2. Change the format of the race distance to minutes (+ 2 laps), which was by default set to kilometers.
  3. Change the actual race distance (in my case from 20 km to 5 mins).
  4. Run a timetrial using these settings.
  5. After having completed the timetrial, go back to the main menu and tab out of the game.
  6. Tab back in and choose a new track.
  7. Run another timetrial.
  8. The problem might now occur as indicated by the lap counter. The lap counter should now display the number of laps equivalent to the previously set race distance - 1/39 laps (= 20 km) in my example. There is no 5 minute clock ticking either.
  9. Return to the main menu.
  10. The race distance in the top right corner is still set to what you intended to race (5 mins in my case).
Some of these steps may be irrelevant. It is just a report of what I did when it happened to me. :mrgreen:

System Configuration
Operating System: Windows 10
Hardware: AMD Athlon II X4 640 4x 3.00GHz, 1x4 GB DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4250, 1TB SATAII HDD
Paw

Post by Paw »

Problem
Observed in v1.2d? Yes
Observed in v1.10c? Yes
Observed in v1.05? Yes
Tracks with long names (13+ characters) do not show up at all in the selection screen.
Okay, this might be a long shot, but I think I can remember the tracks being available before, the names were shortened similarly as in DOS window, so: "VeryLongTrackName" -> "VERYLONGTR~1", it might have been only on Windows XP (so at the time it was 1.05 for me), who knows. I hope i'm not making this up.
It happens with folder also, but the limit seems to be at ~20

Expected Behaviour
The track should be listed, with shortened name and selectable.

Reproduction
  1. Create a track with long name
  2. Check if it's visible in tracks selection screen
System Configuration
asdrubalo

Post by asdrubalo »

Problem
Observed in v1.2? Yes
Observed in v1.10c? No
Observed in v1.05? No
I don't know if this is a bug but sometimes when racing the game doesn't count my laps so that I lose every race because I'm a lap down.

Expected Behaviour
The game should count every lap.

System Configuration
Operating System: Windows 10
Hardware: AMD A4-9125 RADEON R3, 4 COMPUTE CORES 2C+2G 2.30GHz
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

asdrubalo wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:22 am I don't know if this is a bug but sometimes when racing the game doesn't count my laps so that I lose every race because I'm a lap down.
This sounds more like a problem with the checkpoints on particular tracks. If the trackmaker has set checkpoints so that it's easy to miss them, you may accidentally drive outside of the track and miss the checkpoint so that your lap doesn't get counted. On which tracks do you encounter this problem?