which versions of what... complex trouble

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
thx26

which versions of what... complex trouble

Post by thx26 »

Hello,

I need a help with choosing the best version of GR game + Editor.
The best working version of GR on my pc is 1.1.1, on 1600x900 screen, but when I want to play any newer tracks like Zolder or London (couple days ago posted), its impossible to launch them.
I downloaded GR v1.5, but in this version I am unable to play anything.
I would like also to try and improve my tracks with Hmap editor from MlynkiWeb, but after saving a track edited there, it also does not work in any version of game.

Is there any way how to get the best version of game with editor, that works with the Hmap editor mentioned above
and supports any track no matter when it was done?

I am sorry for asking so basic things, but I am a GR rookie.

Thank you very much for any help or link.

thx26
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: which versions of what... complex trouble

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'd recommend you 1.2c due simple reasons:
Everything will work here, no fear of compatibility of latest tracks.
It's playing-wise very same like 1.10c picked by you on first look (it adds mainly limiters in pits, hedges and moving cones) but more importantly it fixes most of bugs spread inside 1.10c, so it's more reliable.

Outdated 1.05 and lower versions are obviously in trouble with current systems' compatibility.

BTW when saving track in the mentioned hmap editor, it asks you bellow file name, which trk version you want, so you can there use all updates of newest version of the tool while keeping your tracks comfortably in 1.10 or any other older type of trk since 1.0 in worst case. (I haven't tried, if it also can work correctly as universal converter between trk types, but maybe yes.)