Sditing already mad tracks

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
Jonny683

Sditing already mad tracks

Post by Jonny683 »

I have a question regarding the rules of the Forum and the Tracks...

I want to Edit the World Championship tracks that originally came with GeneRally. I bassically want to add Grandstands, walls, etc.

Can I do this as long as I dont release the tracks to the public since I have no permission to? Or can I not edit them what so ever?

Thank you...
Paw

Re: Sditing already mad tracks

Post by Paw »

Yes, you can edit them for personal use, but shouldn't release them.
Anyway, common sense suggests, that who (and for what) would chase you, if you edited these tracks for yourself?
This applies to user-made tracks too, unless stated otherwise (eg. in the readme).
Jonny683

Re: Editing already mad tracks

Post by Jonny683 »

Ok..first, I hate my typing ("Sditing" < REALLY BRAIN?!)

And second, I feel the tracks are a tad empty IMO, and need more. Also, I fell the tracks WOULD have these features if they existed in Real life.

I was doing a Championship of the AI, and thought it be interesting to make new versions. I know, great idea right? (Been done, I know)
puttz

Post by puttz »

Just wait a few weeks, the track update project should be finished soon :bg: I believe some of the versions are actually already released, browse around the track forum and you should find them in there somewhere.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Jonny683

Post by Jonny683 »

Thanks Puttz, I'm not a fan of Italy though, nor Australia (Not the Countries, the tracks)