Login system

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
FRUKIScze

Login system

Post by FRUKIScze »

Hello all.
Can anybody help me? What is login system? I don't understand it. Please help me :worried:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
puttz

Re: Login system

Post by puttz »

The login system is basically in place to make compos feel more like real racing. You only get one opportunity to race, rather than the infinite number of tries to get a perfect run in a no-login compo. It seems intimidating at first, but once you do a couple of races, it really is rather simple. All you do is put in a username and password, and then depending on the type of login system, you will either receive a download of a zip file with the track(s) for the round (most common method), or a racing code which you must create a driver with that 2 symbol code at the end of the name. So, you either unzip the file into your tracks folder or create the driver with the racing code, and run your race(s) without restarting. Then, when you finish the race, create a savegame of the race and take a screenshot of the results screen using F11. Then you will need to create a zip file containing the savegame, screenshot, and usually also the track file that you raced with (the last one is not always required by all compos, but the majority of them do.) You then send this zip to the compo organizer, and you must make sure that it is within the login deadline that is set for the compo. There, that's not so difficult, is it? My recommendation would be to just go ahead and jump into a compo because it will be much easier to learn if you just do it :bg:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
FRUKIScze

Re: Login system

Post by FRUKIScze »

Thanks Puttz. You help me a lot. Now i can jump into competition. :D
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)