Car editing: AI values, improving AI driving, and sliding

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
puttz

Car editing: AI values, improving AI driving, and sliding

Post by puttz »

So, I can't seem to find any precise definition for this in my searches, what exactly does the AI value do? Also, with the carset I am currently working on, on a few of the tracks I have been using for testing, the AI goes off the track or hits walls that it shouldn't. Is there an easy fix for this without modifying AI lines or making big changes to car physics (would adjusting the AI value do enough?) Finally, what does the sliding value modify? I have seen some people suggest setting it to zero, and the changes I have made to the sliding values haven't seemed to have changed anything with regards to physics.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Paw

Re: Car editing: AI values, improving AI driving, and slidin

Post by Paw »

AFAIK AI value defines, how much an AI driver looks ahead along the AI line. If it cuts too much you can decrease it. For me it was always about 6-8 and it worked.
Sliding makes the car go sideways :P Like if you turn, and the sliding is set to 0, the car will follow the line, it will be perpendicular to its velocity. If there's sliding set, it will have some angle to the velocity, like you would expect from high power 4wd rally car, it "looks inside" the corner.
Just experiment with those values a bit, put extreme values to them and see what happens. When testing sliding it's better to drive the car yourself to get the feeling of how it acts.