Banked corners & Lines around track

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
FRUKIScze

Banked corners & Lines around track

Post by FRUKIScze »

Hi

I was planing to place this thread to Help&Advices, but then i notify, that someone will post here a tutorial, how to do it(at least I hope). my PS3 is broken, so i am on my old PC and i am playing GR all day long. And i want to upgrade my trackmaking skills. And i want to know, how to do these two things.

1. banked corners - can someone post here a tutorial how to do it? It doesn't matter, if it will be 3 row text or 50row text or picture tutorial.

2. white lines around track - is there any program, which made these lines automatic? Because I am making it in MS Paint pixel by pixel and this needs a lot of time.

I hope, that anybody help me.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Lerhond

Re: Banked corners & Lines around track

Post by Lerhond »

If you have your Tarmac track, you can do a white line in a really easy way. You need only GIMP.
1. Open your land in GIMP.
2. Use "Fuzzy Select Tool" ('U' key) to select Tarmac.
3. "Select" in menu on top, then "Shrink..." and shrink selection by 1 px.
4. Now "Select" -> "Grow..." and grow selection by 2 px.
5. Set foreground color to white (255,255,255).
6. Use "Bucket Fill Tool" (Shift+'B') in selection but not on Tarmac so you will have your white lines now!
7. "File" -> "Export to land.bmp" (or similiar) and it's done.

About banked corners, I can help you only with this: http://jasonwilliams400com.startlogic.c ... grbank.htm
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Tutorial to white lines is great! Thank you

But is there any other Tutorial to banked corners? Can any trackmaker explain it to me?
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

There used to be a great tutorial on a web page called 'oval banking made easy' I think, it showed how to make a banked oval using photoshop and gaussian blur, and you could use this technique on a limited section using the lasso tools. Perhaps someone will know where to find it?
puttz

Post by puttz »

Bouncebackability wrote:There used to be a great tutorial on a web page called 'oval banking made easy' I think, it showed how to make a banked oval using photoshop and gaussian blur, and you could use this technique on a limited section using the lasso tools. Perhaps someone will know where to find it?
Lerhond already posted the link :P
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Ha, I'm an idiot