Purple for painted cars?

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
puttz

Purple for painted cars?

Post by puttz »

I know there's some trick by which you can make painted cars with purple, but I'm not sure how to do it. Can anyone explain the process?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Purple for painted cars?

Post by XYY »

Well, there are some purple colors without other purle's next to them (143 is one of them IIRC but not really sure). You just have to build your car normally, then invert/flip the purple polies and press "normals". After doing that flip them back and don't press normals again.

The only problem with this method is that the shading around that poly is often a bit messy. You may have to fix it by using darker/brighter colours of the polies that surround the purple poly.

:)
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Purple for painted cars?

Post by Haruna »

If you're using the new version of the car editor, there's no reason to flip polygons. You can just press the 'normals' button (the one that looks like a shaded sphere) and turn the brightness slider all the way to the left.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion