Issue with the Savegame Reader

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
manukid

Issue with the Savegame Reader

Post by manukid »

Hello, I searched the forums for a while to see if anyone has had this problem but didn't find a solution so I thought I'd ask here. For some reason the Savegame reader (the latest version) has stopped working for me. It won't record any information from the races (basically it looks just like it would before a race-without the time, fast laps etc.). I'm pretty sure it has to do with the replay data which appears not to be working (I cant use the "create" button in the reader to make a gam file because it says there is no replay data) but I don't know how to go about fixing this, for all I know there could be a really obvious fix that I'm just missing. I tried reinstalling and some others things but I'm out of ideas for now. If anyone has had this problem before and/or has any idea how to fix it, I'd really appreciate it. Thank You! :)
Attachments
Here's a screen cap of it that I took after a quick race, its the autosave data.
Here's a screen cap of it that I took after a quick race, its the autosave data.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Issue with the Savegame Reader

Post by TuomoH »

Your screenshot is about the Autosave file but that file only saves the starting positions of the race - there shouldn't be any replay in that case. Does it work properly when you save the race yourself?
manukid

Post by manukid »

Nope, my own saves do the same thing--the replay data just doesn't seem to be there (also I think I remember the autosave being able to show all the race info).
Attachments
this time with my own save file
this time with my own save file
Last edited by manukid on Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Can you also upload the .gam file, please?
manukid

Post by manukid »

Here is one:
Attachments
test2.zip
.gam file
(3.55 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Well, the save game reader loads it well actually, I'm afraid, and it's nothing more than autosave with starting positions (like Tuomo suggested above), so the problem would be rather either in GR itsef saving incorrectly or you not saving the game after finished race?
manukid

Post by manukid »

Oh dear, :doh:. You're absolutely right, I was saving it before the races began (didn't really think that through). I haven't played GR for a year and forgot how everything works, lol. Well, sorry for wasting your time but thanks guys for the patience and replies.
pol2381

Post by pol2381 »

Hello guys I am having the same issue but i am saving the game after the race is over. Can you help me with that?
Attachments
test1.rar
(14.13 KiB) Downloaded 306 times