Car Goes Rigtht Through All Bridges

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
Bif44

Car Goes Rigtht Through All Bridges

Post by Bif44 »

It seems like with every car I make, each one has the same problem of going right through the bridges at high speeds, and then getting trapped under the bridge. It does this 80% of the time. When I slow the car down, it can go over the bridge, 90% of the time. I added a solid bottom to the car but it did nothing. Please help.
puttz

Re: Car Goes Rigtht Through All Bridges

Post by puttz »

That's something that tends to happen with cars that are travelling really fast. I'm not sure if car shape and the XYZ values have anything to do with it. What do you have the top speed of your car set at? There's really nothing that can be done except either don't drive that car on tracks with bridges (not an ideal solution), or lower the top speed of the car so that it won't go through bridges.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

It's a combination of two things:
1) Cars with very high downforce values (we're talking 250+ here) will sink into the ground at high speeds (300+ km/h), this causes the 'hit box' of the car to go below the ground. The bridge has a 'hit box' of its own, independent of the car and track's, so when a car tries to run onto the bridge, it will instead miss the 'hit box' of the bridge, causing it to sink.
2) The Y-value is very low. If the difference between bridge and actual track height is too great (and the track is actually too low for cars to smoothly get on the bridge), the car will clip straight through the bridge, causing the vehicle to fall through. This effect is magnified when the downforce of the car is significant.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Bif44

Post by Bif44 »

Oh that makes sense, the Y-value for one of my cars in 0.15, downforce: 155. I'll see what I can do, thank you.