"No supported resolutions could be found."

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
Bif44

"No supported resolutions could be found."

Post by Bif44 »

EDIT: I did end up fixing my problem, and so I've heard, the problem others have had in the past. It took a while, but i found an answer in a forum topic from 2010, found here.

Hey guys (its been forever). I haven't been able to use Generally for a while due to an error that kept popping up in my games (I have multiple versions). Whenever I put the game resolution into 1024x768, no fullscreen, which is the largest non-fullscreen resolution for my laptop, I can play it maybe once or twice before I try it a third time later and it says the message. The game window pops up, comepletely balck, then an error message that says "No supported resolutions could be found." Anybody else having this problem?
Zsolt

Re: "No supported resolutions could be found."

Post by Zsolt »

Yes, i have it too and i don't know how to set my resolution in my browser, Windows 10! :weep:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

This has been happening to me, and the suggestions in the other thread do not seem to work. any ideas?
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

It happens the same to me a long time ago, I don't remember exactly what I've done at that time, but now I have three dlls files on my GR folder (COMDLG32.OCX, mscomctl.ocx, MSVBVM60.dll)which are not included on the original GR12c's zip, so I think their presence has something to do with the solution of this problem.
Try searching for these on the Internet....
Strava
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Strava »

Sorry to bump an old thread but...
After running GR on Win10 for a few years with no problems I got this error today.
Strange thing, I had just run GR ok, exited it to get a snack, and got the error when I tried to start GR again!!
After trying lots of things what fixed it was... changing the name of the GR folder !!!
It was named Rally12c. I changed it to Rally12cX and that fixed it.
I also deleted the options.set file but I don't know if that was necessary.

I have 3 versions of GR installed. v103, v105 and V12C.
It seemed that starting an older version ( to check it's options ) would mess up v12c.
Still , renaming the 12c folder would fix it.
I am up to Rally12CZ at this point ;-P
Good Luck & Good Racing
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

I found that you need to run GR in at least Windows 7 compatibility mode to stop this from occurring
View my archived circuits/cars here