Stupid question regarding cars and physics

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
DownloadCars

Stupid question regarding cars and physics

Post by DownloadCars »

I just searched it, and managed to find absolutely anything.
Since Generally's wheels are configurable in both number and position, I hardly think there's any influence, but the question still stands...

If a carmaker builds a car with regular wheel placement and quantity, what is the layout of Generally cars? (FWD, RWD, AWD, etc)

(Yes, I tried to figure it out on my own but failed miserably)
Lorenzo

Re: Stupid question regarding cars and physics

Post by Lorenzo »

I don't know if it's exactly what you want to know, but there is no such thing as powertrain in GeneRally. However, some camakers like to tweak sliding/grip/balance values of their cars in order imitate a feeling of driving a car with specific powertrain layout, but it seems that it's mostly subjective thing for example whether you consider a car to be understeery or oversteery; it's a matter of taste and what you are used to. There is no standard in this matter and it's still kind of a field of carmaking to explore.
DownloadCars

Post by DownloadCars »

Lorenzo wrote:I don't know if it's exactly what you want to know, but there is no such thing as powertrain in GeneRally. However, some camakers like to tweak sliding/grip/balance values of their cars in order imitate a feeling of driving a car with specific powertrain layout, but it seems that it's mostly subjective thing for example whether you consider a car to be understeery or oversteery; it's a matter of taste and what you are used to. There is no standard in this matter and it's still kind of a field of carmaking to explore.
Well, now I just reminded there are plenty of cars without any wheels on it's model and it runs anyways.

I suppose, then, skid marks are only cosmetic, right?
zgr

Post by zgr »

There are wheels, but they are so small or/and so hidden, you can't see them, and they make the skid marks
I hope this answer could help you :)
Hello.
Michkov

Post by Michkov »

It's been a long time, but I seem to recall the rears are the driven set of wheels. Obviously you can switch them around and make a FWD by having the rears in front of the front wheels in the model.

I seem to faintly remember someone trying to emulate AWD by having one driven wheel on the front and the other diagonally in the rear