View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Stupid question regarding cars and physics 

Post Stupid question regarding cars and physics
I just searched it, and managed to find absolutely anything.
Since Generally's wheels are configurable in both number and position, I hardly think there's any influence, but the question still stands...

If a carmaker builds a car with regular wheel placement and quantity, what is the layout of Generally cars? (FWD, RWD, AWD, etc)

(Yes, I tried to figure it out on my own but failed miserably)

Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:32 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Stupid question regarding cars and physics
I don't know if it's exactly what you want to know, but there is no such thing as powertrain in GeneRally. However, some camakers like to tweak sliding/grip/balance values of their cars in order imitate a feeling of driving a car with specific powertrain layout, but it seems that it's mostly subjective thing for example whether you consider a car to be understeery or oversteery; it's a matter of taste and what you are used to. There is no standard in this matter and it's still kind of a field of carmaking to explore.

Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:37 pm
Profile E-mail

Lorenzo wrote:
I don't know if it's exactly what you want to know, but there is no such thing as powertrain in GeneRally. However, some camakers like to tweak sliding/grip/balance values of their cars in order imitate a feeling of driving a car with specific powertrain layout, but it seems that it's mostly subjective thing for example whether you consider a car to be understeery or oversteery; it's a matter of taste and what you are used to. There is no standard in this matter and it's still kind of a field of carmaking to explore.

Well, now I just reminded there are plenty of cars without any wheels on it's model and it runs anyways.

I suppose, then, skid marks are only cosmetic, right?

Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:03 pm
Profile E-mail

There are wheels, but they are so small or/and so hidden, you can't see them, and they make the skid marks
I hope this answer could help you :)

Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:06 pm

It's been a long time, but I seem to recall the rears are the driven set of wheels. Obviously you can switch them around and make a FWD by having the rears in front of the front wheels in the model.

I seem to faintly remember someone trying to emulate AWD by having one driven wheel on the front and the other diagonally in the rear

Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]