View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Possible to create multiple AI racing lines? 

Post Possible to create multiple AI racing lines?
Hello,

I am a long time GR player but new to making tracks. Something I am trying to do is create multiple AI lines to create a little more "inconsistent" lines the AI will take. This will make it harder to know exactly where there line will be when making passes.

Is this possible??

Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Possible to create multiple AI racing lines?
It's not possible.

Gzehoo's Stuff on Facebook

Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:22 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Ok good to know so I won't waste time when making new tracks.

Thanks.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:32 am
Profile E-mail

GeneRally Carmaster

eagletal88 wrote:
Hello,

I am a long time GR player but new to making tracks. Something I am trying to do is create multiple AI lines to create a little more "inconsistent" lines the AI will take. This will make it harder to know exactly where there line will be when making passes.

Is this possible??

In theory, you could just draw the AI line twice or more to get more driving lines out of the AI. The main reason why it's not commonly used is because it doubles (or more!) the in-game "track length", because the game reads the track distance from how long the AI line is. This means, on a track with "two" AI lines, the ACTUAL race length is cut in half.

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion

Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:59 am
Profile E-mail

Haruna wrote:
eagletal88 wrote:
Hello,

Is this possible??

In theory, you could just draw the AI line twice or more to get more driving lines out of the AI. The main reason why it's not commonly used is because it doubles (or more!) the in-game "track length", because the game reads the track distance from how long the AI line is. This means, on a track with "two" AI lines, the ACTUAL race length is cut in half.

Good information, thanks.

I was experimenting with adding multiple AI lines, but like you said, they would just take it in that order. I was hoping to add 5-10 different lines to make the AI more human like, (not taking the same line every lap) so as they would complete a lap, there would be a 5-10 different random lines the AI would take that lap. But I don't think it is possible to make their line selection random, but only in a pre-determined order.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]