Playing for the first time in a championship

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
EA piova

Playing for the first time in a championship

Post by EA piova »

Hi everyone, I have played Generally on my own for 5 years and now I would like to take part to a championship. I'd like to have a list for some beginner championsips and some advice before taking part
Lorenzo

Re: Playing for the first time in a championship

Post by Lorenzo »

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

It happens from time to time that we have some more "prestigious" championships, like F1 season, where you should probably practice a bit more than usual to get some good result (which still doesn't mean they're inappropriate for beginners, in fact they are also the most interesting ones), but we haven't had any of this kind lately so currently you can join pretty much every competition that is running, I suppose you do know where to find them already. ;)

Most important things to remember: read the regulations to avoid disqualifications and other penalties (check game settings, distance, number of AI drivers, weather etc. before you drive) and get familiar with the Login System which is used in most of the competitions.

You might also find something interesting in the How to join a GR competition guide.
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

Hey there!

For the F1 competition just click on the links in my signature - the website is under construction but I won't take it offline for now.

Otherwise, I would recommend Formula Cup 2016 to real beginners. However, the procedure there is still different from the majority of the contests, which all use the 'login system' to make sure that you have only one attempt for your race, rally stage, time trial, ...
puttz

Post by puttz »

Buka used to do a rookie championship, but he hasn't been able to run it for a while now. Out of the ones running right now, I would recommend GeneRally Touring Car Challenge, but that one is on its last round and I don't think that you could join at this point unfortunately.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

@up
No problem for me.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
EA piova

Post by EA piova »

Thanks to all of you, I read the guide (How to join competitions). Probably I will now contact an organizer to join his competition