Questions about carmaking/physic of the cars:Loose Gravel?

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
Hormous

Questions about carmaking/physic of the cars:Loose Gravel?

Post by Hormous »

Hello :wave: , I'm trying to improve the physic of my WRC pack and now (probably) I've found something good. I've setted all the value of grip and slowdown, and tested them in game, but I failed to identified the surface "loose gravel" (the last parameter in CE). I've tried setting as Grip 0,1 and Slowdown 2, so the car should get stuck on loose gravel, but it never happens.
Now I'm wondering if this surface exist in GR... :scratch: so my questions are: Does loose gravel exist in GR? If yes, which one is the surface?
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Questions about carmaking/physic of the cars:Loose Grave

Post by Herbal »

Yes, it does. That is used, if I remember right, for altering grip values near gravel traps.
loose.png
Do you see those little brownish-greyish stuff on the white line at the pits? That is loose gravel. Actually loose gravel can't be created by track editor, but by switching from gravel to solid surfaces like tarmac and/or kerbs.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Hormous

Re: Questions about carmaking/physic of the cars:Loose Grave

Post by Hormous »

Thanks for the answer Herbal, but I'm still not able to identify it. You are referring to the surface called "Border" in the LandEditor by BeBeLiOuS, which practically is the same as "Gravel". I've tried now with a car with all the grip values setted as 2 and slowdown as 0,1, while "Loose gravel" has 0 as grip, and 20 as slowdown and... nothing, it goes everywhere without problems.
If I use G 0 and SD 20 on another surface, for example sand, the car will slow down even if there are few pixels of sand on the ground. If I used these values on gravel the car will slow down on both "Gravel" and "Border", so there is the risk to stay stucked while passing from tarmac to grass as in your image.

I'm start thinking that loose gravel values are completely useless....