Competitions ideas

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
RobertRacer

Re: Competitions ideas

Post by RobertRacer »

zgr wrote:
ivaneurope wrote:Now that we have GR FormulaCup and GR MotoCup I'd like to present the 3rd non-login series - GR TouringCup. The series will be using the 2014 BTCC carpack by Herbal and you can paint your car in car editor. The pilot Season will be run in conjunction with the GR FormulaCup by zgr in November with 3 additional standalone rounds. The race distance will be 8 kilometers, the rules will be the same as GR FormulaCup.
Great idea, I already though about more of this kind, but it's great that you and Np2003 made this already :bg:
ivaneurope wrote:Now that we have GR FormulaCup and GR MotoCup I'd like to present the 3rd non-login series - GR TouringCup. The series will be using the 2014 BTCC carpack by Herbal and you can paint your car in car editor. The pilot Season will be run in conjunction with the GR FormulaCup by zgr in November with 3 additional standalone rounds. The race distance will be 8 kilometers, the rules will be the same as GR FormulaCup.

GR Nostalgia Cup will start soon also as no Login. :)
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

There are a ton of series running right now, I wonder if that might cause attendance issues in some compos such as this idea and a couple of others. Even my V8 Supercars in December and January might be a tough sell with several top-level organizers running compos during that time.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Maybe people who are going to organize non-login compos (zgr, RobertRacer, ivaneurope, Np2003) could talk to each other about organizing their competitions.

It's not that I have anything against you - there is huge "crowd" with compos now and if you could determine about organizing it (e.g. two compos alternately with another two compos), there would be easier for all drivers ;)
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
zgr

Post by zgr »

Gzehoo wrote:Maybe people who are going to organize non-login compos (zgr, RobertRacer, ivaneurope, Np2003) could talk to each other about organizing their competitions.
Me, Np2003 and Ivaneurope already created an organisation called "IGRL", contains FormulaCup, MotoCup and TouringCup...but I think that three is enough for the moment, because like puttz said, there are plenty of competitions right now.
Hello.
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

This may seem crazy idea, but what about having our own GR Hour Record (and other time periods) event as unsanctioned event outside the GWR rankings. This idea is taken from the cycling Hour Record attempts recently (now Matthias Brändle had just beaten the previous record set by Jens Voigt). The original Kutford track will be used.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
marass

Post by marass »

It seems crazy :rofl: but I remember that I and my brother went Kutford for 100 laps and it was exhausting
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

marass wrote:It seems crazy :rofl: but I remember that I and my brother went Kutford for 100 laps and it was exhausting
I remember on Jo's Indy500 competition, it was held with original length. Man, that one was exhausting... :hot:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

I want to announce that after Endurance Series 2014 I'm going to organize two another endurance races - Mach 12h and Gurveln 8h. Both races will be without login, like in 2012, and with other distance scale (12 and 8 minutes).

It will be another edition of Mach 12h and Gurveln 8h. Both races will be at the end of December. More info in November ;)
Lambda Motosports

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

The Renaissance (other word: Comeback) of the non-Login competitions. :rofl:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Looking at the current condition, I would make a non-login competition there until I fully understand how to make login stuffs... To frankly speak, I'm a bit loss at making the login features...

I'm considering hosting choices such as Webs for starters, but I don't have an idea how to make a login system using that platform... Wix is another option, but I'm afraid every competitor would be able to access a site made by Wix. Any other hosting choice suggestions are welcomed.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
puttz

Post by puttz »

You'd need a site that can run PHP code for login. The basic login system is really not hard at all to do if you know how to use Excel. There's a download that is (I think) in the tools section for creating a login system. It's pretty straightforward to use. PM me if you need a little more help on that. As for a host, I use Bytehost, it's pretty reliable and allows a decent amount of storage. The downside is there is a max filesize for the free hosting service, but you probably won't run into that issue unless you have a very large zip of replays or something. I've only had that problem a couple of times, and then I just split it into two separate zips.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

puttz wrote:There's a download that is (I think) in the tools section for creating a login system.
It's stickied in this very section. ;)
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

I can't using "Excel" login system. :)
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Will there be at the end of the Year a GR Macau like last year? (LINK)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I haven't think about it at all, now so many compos of all the sorts are either scheduled or are in progress (motorcycling, gts, formula 1, tourers), I doubt it'd have much sense. :scratch:
zgr

Post by zgr »

UPDATE FOR GR FORMULACUP 2015!
In 2015 every team can decide, which engine and car-model they want to drive. Every car-model is different in Top Speed, Power, Balance and Grip.

The magicial "9"
But will there be a different on the track?
Yes. The main difference is the speed on a straight and in a curve. For example:

From fastest to slowest on straight:
1. Car-Model A
2. Car-Model B
3. Car-Model C
7. Car-Model G
8. Car-Model H

From fastest to slowest in a curve:
1. Car-Model H
2. Car-Model G
3. Car-Model F
7. Car-Model B
8. Car-Model A
So if you add the to position (straight + curve), you get "9".
This structure made, because then it would be unfair for some teams. The only different will be on a straight OR in a curve.

No No-Names
But which car-model we will use?
When you look at the top, you see I already metion eight different models:
France
Renault
Peugeot

Germany
Audi
BMW
Mercedes

Italy
Ferrari

Japan
Honda
Toyota
Within one country the models (f.e. Audi, BMW, Mercedes) are very similar, but still have different stats...like I said, every model is different.
(Statistics will follow)

Different engine, different look
In 2015 it's possible to change the look of the car, not only the colours, but the Vertex's in CarEditor, too (BUT NOT TOO EXTREM!)
But the look of the car is a thing for the teams. That means that NOT every Audi-Car have the same look (same position of vertex's)
Last edited by zgr on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello.
Daniel Rosenberger

Post by Daniel Rosenberger »

I'm really looking forward to the next season.
The changes add something interesting to it.
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

zgr wrote:UPDATE FOR GR FORMULACUP 2015!
In 2015 every team can decide, which engine and car-model they want to drive. Every car-model is different in Top Speed, Power, Balance and Grip.

The magicial "9"
But will there be a different on the track?
Yes. The main difference is the speed on a straight and in a curve. For example:

From fastest to slowest on straight:
1. Car-Model A
2. Car-Model B
3. Car-Model C
7. Car-Model G
8. Car-Model H

From fastest to slowest in a curve:
1. Car-Model H
2. Car-Model G
3. Car-Model F
7. Car-Model B
8. Car-Model A
So if you add the to position (straight + curve), you get "9".
This structure made, because then it would be unfair for some teams. The only different will be on a straight OR in a curve.

No No-Names
But which car-model we will use?
When you look at the top, you see I already metion eight different models:
France
Renault
Peugeot

Germany
Audi
BMW
Mercedes

Italy
Ferrari

Japan
Honda
Toyota
Within one country the models (f.e. Audi, BMW, Mercedes) are very similar, but still have different stats...like I said, every model is different.
(Statistics will follow)

Different engine, different look
In 2015 it's possible to change the look of the car, not only the colours, but the Vertex's in CarEditor, too (BUT NOT TO EXTREM!)
But the look of the car is a thing for the teams. That means that NOT every Audi-Car have the same look (same position of vertex's)
No Volvo? :(
Anyway, I am thinking of the same concept for my TouringCup, but under the form of the so called "tyre wars". Each team can chhose betwwen 4-5 tyre manufacturers, which will have a different impact on the car's performance.
Last edited by ivaneurope on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
zgr

Post by zgr »

ivaneurope wrote: No Volvo? :(
Maybe, there are still some weeks to 2015 ;) but this eight I mentioned are the favorites :geek:
Hello.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Peugeot-->Volvo. ;)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

RobertRacer99 wrote:Peugeot-->Volvo. ;)
I agree with RobertRacer99 :)
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

And what about Ford? I guess Renault could be replaced to them (or to Nissan, as they are more interested in sportcars in Renault-Nissan)

BTW what kind of cars will they be? From manufacturers I guess that'll be a GT carpack. A little hint: I would use in your case Fechna's Netbook pack, would be fun to have races with them. Or alternatively, I also have some GT cars finished, could hand them to you too... ^^
Last edited by Herbal on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
zgr

Post by zgr »

Herbal wrote:And what about Ford? I guess Renault could be replaced to them (or to Nissan, as they are more interested in sportcars in Renault-Nissan)

BTW what kind of cars will they be? From manufacturers I guess that'll be a GT carpack. A little hint: I would use in your case Fechna's Netbook pack, would be fun to have races with them. Or alternatively, I also have some GT cars finished, could hand them to you too... ^^
It's only for the FormulaCup. Means I will still use the modified FormulaCars, where every team can change the look and colours of the cars, like in GR FormulaCup S2 and S3 ;) The main difference to S2, S3 and S4 will be that every manufractures have different values (f.e. Audi - Power 600, Honda - Power 580...)

In TouringCup they already use different models, but same values, maybe Ivaneurope will change that in future competitions of Touring Cup ;)
Beowulf wrote:
RobertRacer99 wrote:Peugeot-->Volvo. ;)
I agree with RobertRacer99 :)
Mmh, I will think about it ;)
Hello.
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Stay tuned ;)

Hope to see also some drivers from Endurance :)
Attachments
GTT 2015 trailer.png
Lambda Motosports

Daniel Rosenberger

Post by Daniel Rosenberger »

Gzehoo wrote:Hope to see also some drivers from Endurance :)
You got this one interested :bg: