Global Racing League - Manager/Race Engineer Competition

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Global Racing League - Manager/Race Engineer Competition

Post by Haruna »

Hi all.

It brings me pleasure to introduce you all to what I hope will become a large competition over time.
I spent a large amount of time fleshing this out with some of my friends, so I hope you'll enjoy playing this.

Presenting...
Global Racing League

What is GRL?
Global Racing League is a manager's competition. You have a set budget, which you can spend on hiring drivers and upgrading/repairing your cars. Throughout the season, your team earns points, and in turn, money from sponsors to train your drivers to become faster and/or improve your car some more. As seasons pass by, your team and drivers move up to higher divisions with faster cars. More detailed information below.

Entry list (no entries yet)
Season Standings (no races done yet)
Season Calender:
The season starts one week after 12 drivers have been hired.
(Note that while these tracks are not distributed in this thread; you can find them in the Tracks or Restored Tracks forum)
Week 1: Epifal Park by Aleskinir and Darjo
Week 2: Azipialt (version 2) by The Great Falcon
Week 3: Lake District by the Joint Effort Team
Week 4: Bekhill by Dragon
Week 5: High Speed Ring by Otto Wilson
Week 6: Perserring by Thuin
Week 7: Castle Rock by Pahkis
Week 8: Tamao Park (layout A) by Andreas Hultgren
Week 9: Estros Park by Paw
Week 10: Estrada by Garbre and richie.rich
1.0 Season Format
1.1. Season format is composed of:
[list][*] Pre-season testing and signups.
[*] One round each weekend after pre-season.
[*] Ten racing rounds in a season.
[*] One week of post-season cooldown and results.[/list]
1.2. Round format is composed of:
[list][*] Weekday testing, tuning, and late signups.
[*] Friday: Qualifying session to determine the 18 drivers racing on Saturday.
[*] Saturday Afternoon: Semi-Final Heats (5 km) to determine which Final Heat each driver takes place in. Placement in Semis determines Final; 1st and 2nd get Final A, 3rd and 4th Final B, and 5th and 6th get Final C. No points.
[*] Saturday Night: Finals (10 km).
[*] Sunday: Point standings, and updates to team's information sheets.[/list]
1.3. Points scoring format:
[list][*] Failure to qualify for the Semi-Finals means 0 points
[*] Final C grants from first to sixth: 8/6/4/3/2/1 points
[*] Final B grants from first to sixth: 20/18/16/14/12/10 points
[*] Final A grants from first to sixth: 45/40/35/30/25/22 points[/list]
1.4. The first season starts one week after 12 drivers have been hired.
1.5. Settings: 4% tyre wear. 100% game speed. All other settings 0%.
2.0. Team and Drivers Regulations
2.1. All teams begin at the Karting division with 5000 CR to spend. Drivers start at the Karting division with no level upgrades.
2.1.1. All teams need to download and submit the sign-up sheet and the team's .car file(s) attached at the end of this post. Submissions can be sent to atomixsearch(AT)gmail(DOT)com
2.1.2. Teams can spend money on upgrades, as well as alter their car's setup in their team's .xls file. (see "dontforget.png" below) Note that setups don't cost any money; only upgrades do.
2.1.3. If you are not using a custom livery for your team's car(s), you must send your team's primary colour, and your drivers' secondary colours.
2.2. Teams may not have a negative CR amount before submitting their information sheet to Administration.
2.3. After earning 10 points, drivers can level up for a set fee. They also earn "division bonuses" (strength bonus to reflect higher division) after graduating from a division.
2.4. Drivers must earn a set amount of total career points before they are allowed to move up a division. Outlined in the list below:
[list][*] Karting to Formula 3 - 100 points
[*] Formula 3 to GP2 - 225 points
[*] GP2 to World GP - 350 points[/list]
2.5. Managers can choose if they want their eligible driver(s) to graduate to the next class if they are outside the top twelve - however, if they are in the top twelve, they have no choice but to advance.
2.6. Teams are allowed to custom-paint their cars.
2.7. If you are inactive (fail to submit your information sheet for three events), your drivers and cars will be put on the Market.
[list][*] You will lose all your WGP cars and upgrades if you are in the WGP division.[/list]
2.8. Additional "fodder teams" regularly appear in qualifying sessions. They serve no purpose other than to fill the results and standings sheets.
[list][*] The drivers from these teams cannot be hired.
[*] These teams also regularly sell off used cars and karts. Where they get them is another story.
[*] These teams are free to move up and down divisions as they wish - not that it matters because they'll get their butts kicked no matter where they go anyways[/list]
2.9. WGP and GP2 employ a maximum driver count restriction, which applies both to teams and the division:
[list][*] GP2 allows for teams to have up to two drivers. The grid count is restricted to 32 drivers.
[*] WGP teams MUST have two drivers. The grid count is restricted to 28 drivers.[/list]
3.0. Driver's Market
3.1. Drivers have at least two requirements: one, that you have the money to pay for their contracts; two, you have enough "hire points".
3.2. Some drivers have additional requirements for them to be on your team. It's said in all caps, so don't miss it!
3.3. "Pay" drivers "cost" negative CR. Ie. if a driver's hire cost is "Pay: 1000 CR", you input "-1000" in their contract costs.
And now, the drivers...
John Smith, Male, Britain, 18
Skill 81, AI value 4.0, Hire: 3000 CR, 17 Hire Points.
John Smith has just finished the spy school, where he studied to become the next stealth driver. Now he wants to prove his skills on the track. He tends to disappear sometimes before races and during qualifying sessions, which worries some people.

Adriana Palomo, Female, Portugal, 15
Skill 89, AI value 4.5, Hire: 4000 CR, 20 Hire Points.
CANNOT HAVE OTHER FEMALE DRIVERS AS TEAMMATES
Her parents wanted her to be a model, but she insisted on becoming a racecar driver. She might look beautiful, but that isn't her only skill.

Ireneusz Hubert Szczepanska, male, Poland, 14
Skill 87, AI value 5.0, Hire: 1000 CR, 12 Hire Points.
Started the simulation career in the age of 7. The scout noticed him and wanted him try the real cars.

Kenta Nagata, male, Japan, 15
Skill 72, AI value 1.0, Hire: 3000 CR, 17 Hire Points.
When others were watching Silver Fang and Pokemon, he watched Initial-D. This fueled up the fire inside him wanting to race. A reckless driver who might cause problems, but is lighting fast.

Mio Kojima, female, Japan, 13
Skill 91, AI Value 6.0, Pay: 1000 CR, 8 Hire Points.
If the grid had to vote the cutest driver on the grid, Mio would grab the title easily. She isn't the fastest driver on the grid, though; and she's overly polite to the point where she'll let other racers past if they're quick enough.

Fulgencio Benavidez, male, Argentina, 19
Skill 78, AI value 3.0, Hire: 1500 CR, 15 Hire Points.
Has already trashed multiple cars and lost his license twice. But he still insists on driving and racing. He knows he can beat all of the other WGP racers already, but no one seems to believe him.

Joona Pusa, male, Finland, 17 (Already hired by Mobile Chicane)
Skill 79, AI value 2.5, Hire: 4000 CR, 17 Hire Points.
Used his dad's car to drive around the local gravel tracks at nights when other people were sleeping. Has the natural skills and some special little tricks up his sleeve.

Bertok Fazekas, male, Hungary, 16
Skill 86, AI value 4.5, Hire: 500 CR, 9 Hire Points.
He has watched all the WGP series races since 1950 and is now a technical genius. He has never driven before, though. Not a fast driver, but he surely knows how to setup the cars.

Erasmo Vitale Lo Duca, male, Italy, 16
Skill 74, AI value 3.0, Hire: 1000 CR, 12 Hire Points
His father was the local racing hero, until he got badly injured. Now Erasmo wants to continue the Lo Duca dynasty in motorsports by becoming the next italian WGP champion!

Thomas Jakobsson, male, Sweden, 17
Skill 78, AI value 6.0, Hire: 2000 CR, 15 Hire Points.
CANNOT HAVE FINNISH TEAMMATES
Thomas got annoyed by the fact that there were so few motorsport champions in Sweden compared to the amount of Finnish champions. He is now here to prove that even Swedish can drive.

Alberto Acuna, male, Brazil, 16
Skill 99, AI value 6.0, Hire: 4500 CR, 20 Hire Points.
He was born the same day the Brazilian hero, Audomaro Sisneros, died in a racing accident. He also got the same miraculous driving skills and now the local people are supporting him to get a possibility to show his skills.

Rushdi Hakimi, male, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 18
Skill 86, AI value 5.5, Pay: 1500 CR, 14 Hire Points.
His dad has been funding him for the last 4 years, but he hasn't really succeeded previously. He has now got the last chance to prove that he is worth all the money the dad has been pumping to his career.

Shu Ju Qing Shih, female, China, 19
Skill 79, AI value 3.5, Hire: 2000 CR, 13 Hire Points.
The moment she saw the WGP cars race on the Shanghai circuit she knew, that her destiny was to become the first female WGP driver. Her parents were strongly against this, but she kept on practicing during nights, driving in the alleys. Now she finally got the breakthrough and is ready to face the real challenge.

Jacob T. Torres, male, United States, 15
Skill 70, AI value 0.0, Hire: 4000 CR, 20 Hire Points.
CANNOT HAVE TEAMMATES YOUNGER THAN JACOB'S AGE
Got dismissed from the school for bullying. He is also known to be very aggressive on the race tracks. He is extremely fast, and also extremely aggressive. As a result, he's very unpopular among other drivers.

Rien Cats, male, The Netherlands, 17
Skill 95, AI value 5.5, Hire: 4000 CR, 15 Hire Points.
CANNOT HAVE MORE THAN ONE TEAMMATE IN THE SAME DIVISON
He doesn't speak much because of his shyness, but he is expectionally fast on the track. He won't be much of a help when setting up the car, though.

Virginie Lacroix, female, France, 14
Skill 91, AI value 5.5, Hire: 2000 CR, 15 Hire Points.
CANNOT HAVE JACOB T. TORRES AS A TEAMMATE
She was always teased at school and defamed as a nerd. What the other kids didn't know was, that she is the grand grand daughter of the creator of the biggest car company in France, Ritroenault. She has got the full support of her parents and she definitely knows how to turn the steering wheel.

Louise de la Sarthe, female, France, 12
Skill 62, AI value 1.5, Pay: 2000 CR, 9 Hire Points.
Little sister to sportscar superstar Sophia de la Sarthe. She is highly spoiled because of this, and also highly competitive in terms of attitude. Her dreams are to one day become even better than her superstar sister. Being spoiled, however, that will be a long and painful road...

Minami Kohara, female, United States, 17
Skill 98, AI value 7.0, Hire: 2000 CR, 12 Hire Points.
CANNOT HAVE JACOB T. TORRES AS A TEAMMATE
A daydreaming airhead of a girl who dreams constantly about having a boyfriend. Originally wanting to be an idol, she soon found out the hard way that racing would be a much more suitable avenue of fame for her. Though she is fast, her airheaded habits are still present in her racing, so she isn't as fast as some other drivers.
4.0. Wear and tear
4.1. Chassis (on karts) and Engines (on cars) will linearly wear down after a race. This will effect your competitiveness.
4.2. For a fee, Chassis (on karts) and Engines (on cars) can be restored (chassis) or rebuilt (engines).
5.0. RaceMarket
5.1. For all your used kart or car needs in the competition.
5.2. Buyer beware! Some of this stuff are in seriously junk condition, so show some caution!
5.3. Buying a used car is OPTIONAL. You already have cars for each division (albeit factory stock ones and not tuned cars like below).
5.4. Some teams keep a certain amount of "stock". You can choose to buy all of it (not really wise, though, unless you've got multiple drivers), or only part of it.
5.5. You can buy the used karts by filling in the respective areas in "Karting Sheet" (located in the same workbook as the signup sheets).
This week's offers in the RaceMarket:
---
Seller: Yuyuko Saigyouji
Team: Saigyouji GP Engineering
Offer: Racing Kart
Quantity: 1
Events run: 42
Wear Condition: 14
Wins: 3
Upgrades: Level 4 Engine, Level 3 Chassis
Price: 3200 CR
---
Seller: Eirin Yagokoro
Team: Eientei Research and Development
Quantity: 3
Events run: 19
Wear Condition: 2
Wins: 7
Upgrades: Level 3 Tyres
Price: 1000 CR per kart
---
Seller: Kanako Yasaka
Team: Moriya Motorsport
Events run: 25
Wear Condition: 18
Wins: 10
Upgrades: Level 3 Engine, Level 3 Chassis, Level 4 Tyres
Price: 2400 CR per kart
---
Seller: Takao Kuroi
Team: 961 Productions Racing Team
Events run: 61
Wear Condition: 9
Wins: 6
Upgrades: Level 4 Chassis, Level 2 Tyres.
Price: 3000 CR per kart
---
Seller: Wriggle Nightbug
Team: Scuderia 9
Events run: 59
Wear Condition: 9
Wins: 9
Upgrades: Level 2 Chassis, Level 3 Tyres.
Price: 900 CR per kart
---
Hope you'll sign up and enjoy competing. I look forward to your participation!

EDIT: A game-breaking bug in which hire points increased driver skill is fixed. Also, tyre pressure changes are now reflected correctly, as well.
Attachments
manager-compo-files.zip
Contains sign-up sheet, car setup sheets, and each driver's blank kart for you to paint
(125.79 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
Don't forget about upgrades and especially the car setups. Even the fastest drivers need a setup.
Don't forget about upgrades and especially the car setups. Even the fastest drivers need a setup.
Last edited by Haruna on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Quklis

Re: Global Racing League - Manager/Race Engineer Competition

Post by Quklis »

Mobile Chicane joining in with the young soon-to-be-champion Finn!

Lolled at Thomas Jakobsson :mrgreen:
Attachments
Quklis.zip
The File
(102.58 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

A couple things while I finalize my setup...

1. Hope this actually gets going, unlike some other manager competitions... >_<
2. Some of the drivers tend to hit the posts near the end an awful lot... might want to remove them, or change the AI lines (if possible), or something.
3. There may be a bug in the Excel spreadsheet: changing the tire pressure doesn't seem to change the displayed grip.

EDIT: Peninsula Motorsports is proud to announce the signings of Mio Kojima and Minami Kohara (Similarities? What are you talking about?), as well as the acquisition of equipment from Scuderia 9.

EDIT 2: Fixed setup sheet attached
Attachments
GRL Sign-up and Setup Sheet_bduddy.zip
(102.03 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Last edited by bduddy on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like short, simple signatures!
JWong

Post by JWong »

will change setup if the tire pressure thing is a bug.
Attachments
jwonggrl.zip
(83.68 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

How did you get your driver to 147? O_o
JWong

Post by JWong »

well i'm not sure if you put in the hire points cost in it, cause that's what made it increase :shrug:
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

oh crap bugs...

FIX'D - PLEASE REDOWNLOAD THE FILES.

bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Thanks... I haven't changed anything, do I need to re-upload my sheet?
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

You will need to re-enter your data, since it's the bugged one and not the fix'd one.

1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Noooooooooooo, you took mah drivars! :weep:

Anyways, Virginie Lacroix is currently being signed to Team Lucky Stars. Expect the results soon in this very same post!

Edit: After the long and exhausting negotiations and testing, Virginie Lacroix has been signed to the team!

The car was also updated by adding some duct tape to the front and removing the studs from the tires.
Attachments
Team Lucky Stars.zip
(103.75 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
Last edited by 1nsane on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
JWong

Post by JWong »

Here's my sheet and car file again, hope all is in order. This comp should be a blast :yummy:
Attachments
JwongGRL.zip
(83.67 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Bumping here.

I was tinkering around with the idea of allowing managers/players to have multiple teams, since there seems to be a lack of participation here.

I really want to make this competition active!

JWong

Post by JWong »

yea, i think that MIGHT work - I'd be willing to have a few more teams i guess
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

After receiving a transfer from the personal sponsors of Mio Kojima, Peninsula Motorsports has released an updated engine. (i.e: hadn't even realized she was a pay driver!)
GRL Sign-up and Setup Sheet_bduddy.zip
(102.03 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Also, another thing: most (not all) of the drivers have kerb grip values starting at 0.7, but the spreadsheet lists them starting as 0.6. Which is right?

I wouldn't be against having two teams each, but it certainly would be preferable to have more people... How about a "quick start guide" or something like that? I think some people might be put off by the apparently complexity of the rules and setup sheet...
Lotus_Renault_GP

Post by Lotus_Renault_GP »

Can I join in competition?
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Lotus_Renault_GP wrote:Can I join in competition?
Before posting, please check the dates - this thread has been inactive since September. ;) Anyway, you might want to check this out.
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

I'll submit my entance as long as i know already-occupied drivers. ;)