The strambo competiscion II

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Pedra

Re: The strambo competiscion II

Post by Pedra »

Hi, how races are going?
Are you destroying enemies and putting them on the sea? And "Difficile" is too hard or it is funny?

I tell a precisation: on "Put them out" enemyes have to be at least partially on the water, at least clearly out from the platform, else not more than 1 second penalty, probably 0,5 seconds.
akouk

Post by akouk »

I managed to put them out twice before ending myself in the water :lol:
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

ROUND 3

As promised, more strange than others.
Deadline for round 2 is at 18:00 of Monday 8th

UPSIDE DOWN

Kind: Hotlap
Track: Sottosopra (di Pedra)
Options: Tyre wear=0, Damage=0, Fuel=0
Car: Formula
Lenght: free

This track is simple and short, world is quite poor, but as you can see from preview... Things change if seen by a different view! Now you see tyres, pitmen feet, houses ground, trees roots... to turn right, you must steer left, and that's not so immediate.
Sunk tyres and gates show the way.

LITTLE BALL

Kind: Time Trial
Track: Golfeggio (di Pedra)
Options: Tyre wear=0, Damage=0, Fuel=0
Car: General + Ball
Lenght: 1 lap

Probably the best race in "Strambo Competiscion", we race on a golf field, with grass, wood, lake and sand. The goal is to control a ball using a General and drive it trought 7 gates formed by light, and put it in the hole on the bottom-right border. That's not easy, we have to give the correct power and direction, and surfaces & hmap don't make this easier.
It doesn't care if car doesn't pass trought all gates, time is referred only to ball, when it completes the parkour.
You must use driver "Ball" included on the AIs packet, it's an human driver that can't be controlled.
Does anybody will take less than one minute?
Attachments
round3.zip
Tracks pack. Drivers and cars are on 1st topic
(17.71 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Round 3 preview
Round 3 preview
Last edited by Pedra on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I´m wondering if I could try it too :-) put me in please....but I´m not able to race today so I´ll join you for round 3 :shhh:
Buka

Post by Buka »

The second round was definitely much more interesting and fun than the first one. And if you promise that third will be even better - it's :yummy: . In this round hotlap as usual for me was pain in butt, but pushing AIs out of track was damn funny! :roflmao:
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

It's 18:00 and I'm waiting files from: Raska, Bduddy, Akouk, alexsara79, Ale91.

Hurry Up!

Haq, I'm glad you will try!
I'm seeing very incredible times in this round, I'm feeling sad :weep: :o
akouk

Post by akouk »

now sending... I though it was 20:00 for some reason :?
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

Yep, but 19:00 in Italy, still on limits so I accept files without penalty.

I raced again on Canyoneg and I made a really incredible time, untinkable and without suicides... But deadline was 3 hours before :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :shrug: :kickcan: :rage: .
That time is 13.39 :evil:
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

RESULTS OF SECOND ROUND :drink:

HARD TRACK

That track was strange, and luckyness was important, even if drivers must search it with a good drive. There are 2 important points: landing on the bushes, where best trajectory was the most direct to next bend, and the outcoming from the smooth terrain. Till this point Gnappo, Akouk and Marck were near, but Marck had a great grip and he builded his victory there, giving 1 second to Akouk and 1,5 seconds to Gnappo. Near the podium Pedra and Medal89.
Alx.it made a good attempt, but passing trought pitlane, so he takes a 5% penalty (1,1s), like Cico89 who sent me a wrong screenshot.

19.60 Marck
20.56 Akouk
21.10 Gnappo
21.41 Pedra
21.79 Medal89
22.65 Takaya
22.73 Raska
22.73 Alx.it (21.65 + 5% - passed trought pitmen)
22.85 Buka
23.60 Cico89 (22.48 + 5% - Screenshot of a different race)
23.91 FogoRJ
24.61 Jo.Sk
24.81 Dalbom
25.80 Giuliorock

-------------------------------

PUT THEM OUT

A nice race for "strambo competiscion", where somebody has been helped by suicides, and someone else could be a killer, like ... Jo.Sk, the winner, who sent to death 4 enemyes, and the 5th preferred to suicide jumping in the sea! But Medal89 is similar, just one second from the winner. Gnappo is very aggressive and arrives 3th, then there are near each other Takaya and Cico89.
Giuliorock and Akouk used the wrong car (Yankee), I accept their times but I insert them on last positions. Giuliorock toke a 10% penalty because he used wrong setting, with 0% damage
One appoint: After receiving the times, I made an attempt trying to see if I could reach podium times, and ... I made an incredible amazing race: 13.31!!! But it was too late, was 3 hours after deadline. BTW I put my replay, podium drivers' and merged replays on the packet.

13.31 Super_Pedra (out of classification)

21.52 Jo.Sk
22.45 Medal89
24.46 Gnappo
26.48 Takaya
26.68 Marck
31.13 Cico89
31.85 Alx.it
33.01 Dalbom
38.73 Pedra
47.76 FogoRJ
53.16 Raska
59.99 Akouk
1:06.05 Buka
54.21 Giuliorock (* wrong car: Yankee, 49.31+10% for wrong settings)

EDIT: result changed, corrected a mistake on Akouk files

--------------------------

ROUND 2 CLASSIFICATION

Marck wins the round with a great hotlap and a good race, Gnappo is still 2° and Medal89 made a great race. 1°st round leaders (Pedra and Akouk) instead made an average round. Gnappo is 1°, but Akouk and Pedra are just near him. Marck could arrive to podium, and Medal89 fight with Takaya for 5th position.

23 Marck
20 Medal89
20 Gnappo
16 Jo.Sk
16 Takaya
13 Pedra
13 Akouk
11.5 Alx.it
10 Cico89
07.5 Raska
06 Dalbom
05 FogoRJ
05 Buka
02 Giuliorock

AFTER 2 ROUND

40 Gnappo
37 Akouk
37 Pedra
31.5 Marck
28.5 Medal89
28 Takaya
20.5 Jo.Sk
18 Alexsara79
16 Cico89
14.5 Raska
13.5 FogoRJ
13 Buka
13 Dalbom
12 Trigger Happy
11.5 Alx.it
04 Giuliorock
Attachments
replays_round2.zip
Round 2 replays
(402.55 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Hard track multiple screenshot
Hard track multiple screenshot
Last edited by Pedra on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
akouk

Post by akouk »

Pedra wrote: 59.99 Akouk (* wrong car: Yankee)
the car was actually the "general", (it's obvious in the screenshot, I can't imagine why you think it's the yankee)
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

Am I getting crazy? Maybe... :rip:

You are right, I made this big mistake! :bath: Why? Many unified reason, first of all my fault, but caused because you inverted tracks names, I saw Yankee as car and I made that mess...

I don't know what to write... Sorry Akouk... and all drivers for a not perfect management :?
akouk

Post by akouk »

Pedra wrote:... Sorry Akouk...
ahh, don't mention it, I see my part of the fault with wrong file names :shake: 8-) should I have a few points more in the standings?
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

Not more points, you are the first driver who takes 1pt
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

Because somebody had doubts about this round...

Somebody tryed to test "Sottosopra" with a normal view, but he saw times were 1 second bigger: that's very strange!!!

But many people have doubt about the "Little ball" round: you must use the "Ball" driver included in the packet at first post, nothing else: this driver is totally controlled by key '1', so it accelerates, brakes and steers at same time, staying stopped. You can't use your own driver because how can I control if nobody touches commands to drive the ball?
For race time I only care ball's time and nothing else, car don't have to pass all checkpoints, ball can touch walls and it's possible to enter the gates in every way.
Raska

Post by Raska »

This event... the unofficial GR Golf championship :bump: and the upside down race are so crazy, funny & original. :roflmao:

Just try it folks... so I could perhaps avoid the last place as I only tryed an half-hour (for both) for now.. :misch:
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

This event... the unofficial GR Golf championship :bump: and the upside down race are so crazy, funny & original. :roflmao:
:iagree: :heyea:

ROUND 4 (Last one :weep: )

Last round of this crazy and I hope nice competition, searching ideas for the possible 3° edition :hattip:

Deadline for forth round is at 18:00 of Monday 22

WRONG WAY

Kind: Race
Track: Nordshlag Ring (by Dragon)
Options: Tyre wear=20%, Damage=20%, Fuel=0
Lenght: 5 laps

It looks like a normal short race, but you run in the opposite direction, and you must expectially avoid other cars.
Sixth starting position is inverted, the best is starting from it. A trick is to start until your car is there, and then save game before its start, so you can reload it any time. There are 5 AIs, and they have differents skills, from AI-200 to AI-0. You have to use my 5 drivers I attached (KITT [200, the famous supercar autopiloted], General Lee [150, Hazzard's stunt car], Mediocar [100, a simple AI], Cobra11 [50, deutsche police series famous for its great car crashes], Drunken [0, better not to drive drunk!]).
You can use pitlane only if you use pits, it's possible to pass on grass, lap is valid if game considers it good, and of course checkpoints are inverted!
I suggest also for this race to save any attempt with increasing index as "track_pilot1..N" and then remove everyone except the best.
In "contromano_drivers.zip" there are the 5 drivers, also included on first topic's package.

TWIN CARS

Kind: Time Trial
Track: Bik City (by Pedra)
Options: Tyre wear=0, Damage=20%, Fuel=0
Lenght: 2 laps

It looks like a short and easy time trial, but this if you use one car, try to drive 2 Formulas at the same time and you will change idea!
To run this match it's necessary to duplicate your driver, the simpler way is to enter the "Drivers" directory, copy and paste your driver's file and rename it "driver2". Opening Generally there will be 2 drivers with the same colors and the same key commands. Don't change them!
It exists a more complicated way to have 2 or more drivers with the same name, but the method I suggested is the fastest and simplest.
Select driver and driver2, race time is referred to 2nd arrived. It's quite easy until you don't touch anything, else problems will come!
Attachments
contromano_drivers.zip
KITT, General Lee, Mediocar, Cobra11, Drunken. The 5 drivers to use in "wrong way"
(690 Bytes) Downloaded 166 times
round4.zip
Bik City and Nordshlag ring
(82.74 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Round 4 preview
Round 4 preview
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

17:45: Still waiting files from: Raska, Buka, FogoRJ (only Golfeggio), DanHakulin.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I´m sorry I can´t race....I have serious problems with my PC... :doh:
Buka

Post by Buka »

Pedra wrote:17:45: Still waiting files from: Raska, Buka, FogoRJ (only Golfeggio), DanHakulin.
Sorry, I forgot to race yesterday. I'll be in for the next round.
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

ROUND 3 RESULTS

UPSIDEDOWN

This hotlap is strange, but the racing behaviour is similar to normal hotlaps. Gaps are little, Jo.Sk wins with 5/100 over Marck, then for the bronze medal there are 4 drivers in 5/100, and the faster of them is Pedra, with just 1 cent over Gnappo and 2 over Alx.it.
FogoRJ used General instead of Formula, but General is slower and don't gave him any advantage, so I accept the time. Dalbom sent me a screenshot not relative to his hotlap, so he takes a 5% penalty.

7.26 Jo.Sk
7.31 Marck
7.35 Pedra
7.36 Gnappo
7.37 Alx.it
7.40 Patte
7.47 Medal89
7.54 Raska
7.56 Takaya
7.64 FogoRJ (used General)
7.78 Akouk
7.92 Giuliorock
7.93 Cico89
7.96 Dalbom (7.58 + 5% for screenshot not of the best time race)

LITTLE BALL

There are 2 groups of drivers in this standings: who made pratice, which stayed beyond 42s, and who didn't, which made time near or superior than one minute, respecting the olympic and Strambo rule "is not important to win, but to be in". Takaya is a new Tiger woods, but Marck is just after him. Then there are 4 drivers in 4 second, but the bronze medal goes to Gnappo.
Dalbom didn't used "Ball" as driver, but another one, but I want facts and keys for his driver were the same of "Ball", so I accept his time without penalty.

30.46 Takaya
31.99 Marck
37.54 Gnappo
38.49 Medal89
39.09 Alx.it
40.53 Pedra
41.72 Jo.Sk
59.38 Akouk
1:00.56 Dalbom
1:09.55 Giuliorock
1:18.95 Cico89
1:22.67 Raska
1:33.85 Patte

-------------------------

ROUND 3

With 2 silver medal Marck wins the round, and Jo.Sk with a great hotlap takes the second position. The 3° place is shared by Gnappo and Takaya.
Gnappo is still first, but Marck is just beyond him and he could win the championship. Pedra is 3°, final victory is still possible, but he is almost sure of his 3° place, even if 7 point of difference could be closed by Takaya. Big jump of Jo.Sk, who enters in the higher part of standing.

24 Marck
21 Jo.Sk
19 Gnappo
19 Takaya
17 Pedra
16 Alx.it
15 Medal89
08 Patte
07 Akouk
06 Raska
04 Giuliorock
03 FogoRJ
02 Cico89
02 Dalbom

AFTER 3 ROUND

59 Gnappo
55.5 Marck
54 Pedra
47 Takaya
44 Akouk
43.5 Medal89
41.5 Jo.Sk
27.5 Alx.it
20.5 Raska
18 Cico89
18 Alexsara79
16.5 FogoRJ
15 Dalbom
13 Buka
12 Trigger Happy
08 Giuliorock
08 Patte
Attachments
round3_replays.zip
Sottosopra merged replays and Golfeggio podium races
(102.88 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

PROPOSAL TO CHANGE IN "Wrong way".

I knew "Wrong way" was a very difficult race, but now I think the correct definition is IMPOSSIBLE.
So I mailed everybody with a proposal, to limit its length to only 3 laps, without any other change, and delay the deadline of 4th round (so also for "Twin cars" match) to Monday 23 at 18:00.

If at least 2 mailed people don't agree, the race won't change.
I'm sorry for the valutation error, I didn't try this race too much, just some attempts to understand if possible, and I thought that "tecnically is possible" :compko:
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

WRONG WAY DOESN'T CHANGE!

After an opinion pool, some drivers prefer to leave a 5 laps race, also because they already made a good time.
I ensure that finish it without main crashes is possible, but pits are happy to serve you :rainbow:
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

It's 19:00 and I didn't received files from Raska, FogoRJ and Akouk.
If I receive them till this evening I will consider times with a penalty (2% I think), else... no problem :shrug:
Raska

Post by Raska »

:doh: Damn I knew I'd forgot something with this late comeback today... Sorry Pedra.

This compo was very funny and full of originals ideas... Some could deserve to have their own compo as it's really fresh and good. Thank you Pedra !
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

:iagree:

(I didn't send files for 3rd and 4th, because I wasn't able to finish the golf and then wrong way, but I enjoyed fun in tries anyway). :bg: