The strambo competiscion II

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Pedra

The strambo competiscion II

Post by Pedra »

I'm not wrong, I wrote intentionally "competiscion", because this will be very strange, atipical, sometime stressing but funny competition!
"Strambo" in italian means strange, bad formed, and this race will be different from the others because uses some ideas never seen, ore we race on particular conditions, with interesting cars or tracks. It's the second edition because I proposed the first as experiment on the italian forum, and people were satisated.
It's not a login race, because my intention is to compete just for fun (or madness :rolleyes:), without considering too much results or GWR.

The strambo II will start on 25th of January and ends on 21th of February, it is composed by 8 tracks divided into 4 rounds, deadline is on monday 18:00 Italian time (Greenwich +1h), but I'm not really precise, if you send files at 18:10... not a problem. But please respect deadlines, after it I'm not forced to accept.
I'm requesting all tipical files: Save, Screenshot and Track, named as track_pilot (it's simpler for me), send them at pedra1985@libero.it.

There will be 8 races, divided into 3 Hotlaps, 3 Time Trials and 2 Races.

Hotlap:
Supercar: you drive a really powerful car on a large flat circuit, not simple with 1500hp and 100kg of weight!
Hard track: a track where you race on bushes, piers, stones and rough hmap, really stressing
Surprise: Normal hotlap, except for ... eheh, that's a surprise!

Time Trial:
Rise and Fall: 10 laps in an oval with an elevated and difficult hmap, take attention to not fly over the tarmac!
Little ball: the goal is to drive a "ball" along gates on a golf field, using a General to control it!
Kyte race: 10 laps along a small circuit, seems normal, but what's the "car" we are using?

Race:
Put them out: you are with 5 enemies (AI-100) on a platform, the goal is to put them out into water
Wrong way: an almost normal race (1 minute lenght), but the others run on the opposite directions, and they have variables AI, so you have to drive well, but first of all you must avoid crashes!

I will publish tracks and detailed informations about each match before its round starts, now I just attached 12 Drivers and the cars. On races it's not mandatory to use AIs I'm giving you, but it's strongly suggested.

So... anyone wants to try?

For the moment, from italian forum:
Pedra, Gnappo, Medal89, Cico89, Dalbom, Ale91, Giuliorock, Alexsara79, Takaya, Marck, Trigger Happy, Bduddy, FogoRJ, Buka, Raska, Jo.Sk, Akouk, Alx.it, Dan Hakulin
Attachments
Drivers.zip
12 suggested AI for races
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
strambo2_cars.zip
Cars used, except original Formula and General
(1.4 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Last edited by Pedra on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: The strambo competiscion II

Post by Trigger Happy »

This is really interesting, I was decided to join only ToM during current months (lack of time) but this compo looks very promising. :bg:

Count me in, please, Pedra. :wave:
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Thank you for posting this here! Yes, I would like to participate...
I like short, simple signatures!
FogoRJ

Post by FogoRJ »

Cool! I think it will be fun! :D
I'm in.
Last edited by FogoRJ on Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ECOlogic Racing Team
Buka

Post by Buka »

That's interesting. I will take part.
Raska

Post by Raska »

I'll try to take part if I found the time..

Can you make a detailed schedule of each round ? I mean, when we race each particular round ?
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

I'm still deciding scheduling, probably first race will be an hotlap-time trial with "Supercar" and "Kyte race", but I've not decided yet for the others. May be "Put them out" and "hard track" on second...
Dates are:
25th January - 1st February 18:00 (Supercar, Kyte race)
1ts February - 8th February 18:00 (Put them out, Hard track)(?)
8th February - 15th February 18:00 (??? - ???)
15th February - 22th February 18:00 (??? - ???)

If for any reason you have to know roundstracks, I will decide soon.

On attatched images there are 6 tracks preview. I'm still selecting a good circuit for "wrong way" round.

The first image contains "Kyte race", "Little ball" and "Rise and Fall".
Second image shows "Supercar", "Hard track" and "put them out" tracks.

BTW, anyone else would like to try??? :drive: :angel:
Attachments
3 timetrials preview
3 timetrials preview
timetrials.jpg (27.69 KiB) Viewed 4793 times
2 hotlaps and a race preview
2 hotlaps and a race preview
hotlaprace.jpg (56.5 KiB) Viewed 4793 times
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Nice and original competition ;)
Events will count for GWR and I'm in !
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

Yesterday I had problems on watching this site, I was sent to the poor's Facebook version (Mybookface? :eyes: )... Now I don't have full presentation of the round with me, but at least I publish 1st week's tracks. :shrug:

"Supercar", an hotlap with all settings at 0, on Yslaw by Pedra using Supercar as car.

"Kyte race", a time trial of 10 laps using KiteP as car. The track is Cortile by Pedra, Tyre wear at 40%, the rest at 0.
Attachments
strambo_cars.zip
(1.4 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
round1.zip
(78.47 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
round1.jpg
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

Here is it the full description I promised.
Cars and tracks are on upper topic. Deadline is at 18:00 Italian time (Greenwich +1h), but there will be little tolerance.
Point system will be this one: 15-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2, 1 to the others who sent me files. I wrote about this just now because I wanted to know how many drivers are in.
Who uses wrong settings taking advantage will have the 0,5% of fine for each point of advantage (for example damage is 20% and you use 18%, your time will be increased by 1%)

I hope I told everything, for any problem, discussion, idea the topic is open!

SUPERCAR

Kind: Hotlap
Track: Yslaw (by Pedra)
Options: Tyre wear=0, Damage=0, Fuel=0
Car: Supercar
Length: free

This is a normal hotlap on a flat and large circuit. Else the car is anormal, it has a dragster's engine in a kart weigth! In a moment you reach extreme speed, and only good drivers can control it. Due to its exagerate power, I will tolerate little touches, but only if they are not made to take advantage.

KYTE RACE

Kind: Time Trial
Track: Cortile (di Pedra)
Options: Tyre wear=40%, Damage=0, Fuel=0
Car: KyteP
Length: 10 laps

Today is a nice sunny day, wind is almost null, the perfect day to run with your kyte on your courtyard! But who will be the fastest to complete 10 laps?
The "car" used is Kyte by Mr Drayton, which values are modified a bit by me, to make it more powerful. It seems a stupid race, but I think it's more skillful than the appearance. Tyre wear at 40% simulates effort
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

Hi guys, how this little competition is running? Are you already trying or are you just waiting?
My opinion is that 9 seconds on Yslaw and 1' 15" on Cortile can be reached by everyone. :geek:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Yes, at least me wait. :shhh: My practices starts tomorrow. :yummy:
Raska

Post by Raska »

That's really a crazy and original competition ! :flip: New sensations.. trying to control the supercar and his outstanding acceleration :eyes: or "driving" a motoculting (cultivator) machine ! :roflmao: :bg:

Try this combo folks, it rocks ! :rocks:

BTW the referential times of Pedra are good. :nod:
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Personally I didn't found way under 9 secs. in hotlap without massive wallbouncing, so I'll be not on top in this part of round IMHO. :flip:
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

Many people (me too) had problem expectially just before finish line, with heavy touches...
I wrote I will tolerate little bounces, but I don't know how to behave with "middle-weight" ones like mine.
If many people did a similar trajectory I will tolerate for everyone, else I'm thinking to a little penalty of 1% of time, if I can clearly see the player trying to stay on the track and making all the possible to not touch.

--------------------------------------------------

2° ROUND :lol:

The first probably was the least funny, the second will be a bit better in my opinion.
Deadline is at 8th February at 18:00.

HARD TRACK

Kind: Hotlap
Track: Difficile [hard] (by Pedra)
Options: Tyre wear=0, Damage=0, Fuel=0
Car: Yankee (original version)
Lenght: free

This hotlap has classical rules, but its tracks can make you crazy! Jump over stones and tyres, run over bushes few cm over the water, bend on rough hmap and then launch yourself over stones again. Probably the winner won't be the most capable, but the most patient.

PUT THEM OUT

Kind: Race
Track: Canyoneg (by Pedra)
Options: Tyre wear=20%, Damage=20%, Fuel=0
Car: General (for AIs too)
Lenght: free (nobody passes trought 5 checkpoints)

We play againts 5 AI-100 moving on a platform over the sea, the goal is to put them out into water. When you reach this objective, save the game (remember to not to press "end race"!) and then resume and take a screenshot pressing F12. It's allowed to take screenshots before saving, but in this way you lose at least 1 second of race. AIs must be AI-100, it's suggested but not mandatory to choise 5 between 6 I'm giving you with tracks (Europa, Africa, America, Oceania, Asia, Artici).
This race ends when 5 enemies are on the water, it doesn't matter how it happens, it's possible to do this in any way, as it's valid if an enemy falls down by itself (rare but possible chance). I also don't care where you are, if you reach the goal falling in water, time is still valid. It's possible to start whethever you want and use pits, but also others will.
Checkpoins are posed in a way that makes almost impossible to finish a race, so I suggest to use this tecnique when trying: For every valid attempt increase lap lenght, to use it as contator, and then save each game as "canyoneg_driver1..N", when you close game control saving times with "SaveGameReader" and delete all attempts except the best one.

Good round and enjoy it ;)
Attachments
round2.zip
Tracks and 6 AI-100 I suggest to use
(43.95 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Round 2 preview: hard track and "put them out" arena
Round 2 preview: hard track and "put them out" arena
Buka

Post by Buka »

Did I miss the first round? I thought deadline is tomorrow in the evening. :rolleyes:
Gnappo

Post by Gnappo »

You're right, Buka, deadline of round 1 is tomorrow...
Pedra is always a step forward :hiya:
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

Yes, tomorrow at 18:00
But rounds start on monday, so I already publish tracks and for 20 hours there are 2 rounds in the same time 8-)
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

At this moment, 12:00 o' clock and 6 hour before 1st deadline, I got files from: Pedra, Cico89, Takaya, Jo.Sk, Giuliorock, Trigger Happy, Buka, Akouk
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

Now it's 18:30, I got files from: Pedra, Cico89, Takaya, Jo.Sk, Giuliorock, Trigger Happy, Buka, Akouk - Dalbom, Medal89, Alexsara79, Takaya, Gnappo, Marck, Buka, Raska, FogoRJ.

Missing Alx.it (but he told me he would raced just some matches), Ale91 e Bduddy.

I hope to publish "Kyte race" results this evening, "Supercar" oblige me to take some decision... :hammer:
Buka

Post by Buka »

I'm written twice. :heyea:
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

Eheh :roll:
And I forgot Giuliorock, who sent files days ago :kickcan:

Results will be available from tomorrow evening, I want to prepare a good description.

PS: from an error I had an amazing idea for a Time Trial, instead of Rise&fall, even if the procedure to start it it's a bit complicated.
If nobody opposes, I'd make this match on 4th round, and I ensure it's something untinkable and really "strambo" :wow:
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

RESULTS OF 1ST ROUND

KYTE RACE (Cortile)

This race seems ridicolous, but it show real player's skills, passing the faster and nearer possible to the fences, without losing speed. Akouk never made a track record, but his regularity won this race, and just Alexsara run behind him. The podium is completed by Trigger Happy, and a sad Pedra who was 1st at the 5th lap, but who lost 1 second avoiding touches.

1:11.74 Akouk (7.00)
1:12.15 Alexsara79 (7.03)
1:12.53 Trigger Happy (6.91)
1:12.73 Pedra (6.95)
1:12.85 Gnappo (6.94)
1:13.23 Buka (7.15)
1:13.41 Dalbom (7.13)
1:13.81 Cico89 (6.99)
1:14.73 Marck (7.19)
1:14.73 Raska (7.21)
1:14.88 Takaya (7.25)
1:16.07 FogoRJ (7.26)
1:16.51 Jo.Sk (7.48)
1:16.54 Medal89 (7.29)
1:19.10 Giuliorock (7.58)

SUPERCAR (Yslaw)

This race's results have been complicated, due to my little mess: little touches were allowed, but some drivers made heavier ones, probably taking advantage. I watched replays many times, and I think most of touches didn't give advantage, at least were irrelevant. Gnappo and expectially Takaya hit the walls with more strenght, but they sent me also clean laps and I used them for the classification. Cico89 instead didn't, and his touch is really advantaging, so I give him a 5% penalty (40/100). The most complicated decision is for me: I touched the wall just before finish line, I don't know if I earned something (maybe few cents), but I give me 2% penalty. Dalbom didn't sent me TRK files, for the "Kyte Race" is not a big problem, but this is bad for an hotlap, so I decided a 5% penalty.
I'm the organizer and judge of this championship, but if someone thinks I toke wrong decision, I will study again the situation.

Altought his penalty, Pedra is the fastest and wins over Gnappo and Takaya (Acquarius rules!). Then the fast runner Akouk, and FogoJR & Medal89 are 5°.

8.61 Pedra (8.45+2%)
8.72 Gnappo
8.75 Takaya
8.80 Akouk
8.83 FogoRJ
8.83 Medal89
8.92 Alexsara79
8.93 Marck
8.97 Jo.Sk
8.97 Raska
9.01 Trigger Happy
9.34 Dalbom (8.94+5% no TRK file)
9.40 Buka
9.69 Giuliorock
9.71 Cico89 (9.31+5%)

Average: Marck, 231.94kmh
Top speed: Takaya, 479.76kmh!

ROUND RESULT
If two drivers share the same time, points are divided (5+4/2) ->4,5 for both

24 Akouk
24 Pedra
20 Gnappo
18 Alexsara79
12 Takaya
12 Trigger Happy
8,5 Marck
8,5 FogoRJ
8,5 Medal89
8 Buka
7 Raska
7 Dalbom
6 Cico89
4,5 Jo.Sk
2 Giuliorock
Attachments
round1_replays.zip
Round 1 replays, on Cortile and Yslaw
(446.53 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

I had some unexpected events over the weekend and couldn't compete... which is especially bad for me because I think I had found a little "trick" which would have helped me get a very good time in the Kite Race... What was it? Well... maybe it'll help me in the other events, so not yet >_>
I like short, simple signatures!
Pedra

Post by Pedra »

What was it? Well... maybe it'll help me in the other events, so not yet >_>
I hope this isn't a cheat :viking:

Gnappo asked me an important question:
On "Difficile", but also on other tracks, lap is valid if you pass all checkpoins, if you can find any cut you can use freely it, but respecting all other rules like "not to pass trought pitlane or pitmen".