GRF1 2011 [HL/Race][Login] (finished)

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Mr.J

Re: GRF1 2011 [HL/Race][Login] (finished)

Post by Mr.J »

Thanks for the season MD. :goal: It sure was a long one... :sweatdrop:
I hope that there could be some kind of voting for next years tracks. There were some that weren't so nice to drive. ;)

:bg:
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
MD

GRF1 2011 - closing remarks :)

Post by MD »

Well as far as I can see, there are no more reactions about the results and the compo than I decided to make my lines finally. (:

First of all, it's time of thanksgiving (as usual :shhh: ).
I need to say the biggest thank you for YOU GUYS who took part in my second compo and especially for those who more or less completed the whole challenge and posted into the thread usually. The more important than feedbacks is nothing! And BTW thank you for all your patience :roll: (:
Next I'd like to say thanks for Resi, being my MRF-mate and working hard on the website. Hope we will can manage some good shows for you together in the future. And we will :cool:
And some other thanks, what is more: really big ones to thoes who helped me out in the hard days of the season. Thumbs up if you can remember to my broken thumb! Yeah, and in these days the compo could go on perfectly thanks to tooomek and Herbal. And most of the lmaps were the work of mizzamar.
I need to say thanks to Miguel and Vítor for helping in the begining. Miguel's soundpack is awesome and Vítor's help to collect the drivers in the begining was important too.
Oh and thanks for Herbal (again... :shy: ) and for Ivo. Their tips, experience and their friendship are always big help to me as an organizer who still try to find his way :meditate:
BTW I learnt very much in this almost half year.
To be honest it was a pretty chaotic compo sometimes. Now I know how to avoid most of the complications. On the other hand I learnt the lesson of a cooperated organization's possibilites too. It is so hard to manage if you haven't any kind of clue of experiences about the "how-to". And what is the most important in this aspect: I learnt the best ways of how can I communicate to you (despite you could usually notice the opposite XD). I discovered some interesting and fun ways of a compo-communication and in the future I'd like to use them.
And despite all the complications your feedbacks in the end of the championship led me know that you were enjoying to race here. There's not a word to say how happy I am about it. So I will dedicate my own compo-organizing evolution to you, guys, and I promis I'll reach that higher level where I'll have the ability of giving you the pure fun via my job. ;)
And now let's say a few words about the future.
First, in 2012 the compo's name will surely change because of somekind of GR-politics (it really can ruin a championship as I experienced and I'd live to avoid it for nex time).
About the cars or the tracks I still don't know much but I'm have a lot of time to find out (: I am only sure that I'm willing to keep Interlagos and Monaco, I'd like to replace Hungaroring with Brno and Sentul with the brand new version of Sepang. Arizona, Philip Island and Monza will be surely dropped or replaced to. But these things still can change until the start of the next season and they highly depend on the car I'll choose. BTW I need to reduce the calendar from 16 rounds to 10-12 rounds.
And yep: Mr.J's idea is great! Maybe I'll not absolutely choose the tracks by the voting but I would strongly take it into a consideration. I will start the nomination/voting thread around septembre than (:

Some other news from MRF:
To find out all the necessary things in time I'd like to start another compo in a few months and a special off-compo event in a few weeks. They would be fair chance to learn more, I hope.
Resi is thinking about to manage a compo too.
what's more there will be some changes in the structure of the MRF to became a better research center of the competitions!
I hope you will enjoy all of these things :D
Finally I'd like to tell my own reactions about the season.
That was a really long and a really tough one!
Poorly we had to say goodbye for some potentially fast drivers in the middle of the season just like Lorenzo, tooomek and mizzamar, but fortunetely we had some enthusiastic during-season joiners like Serginho and Dany. We could also see Buka, mplume and Lucas as they try hard to race despite it wasn't allowed all the time by their daily routines. we had four talented rookies like mplume who will surely fight for the title one day, VNL who improved a lot sincs VCoSA, Bunchies who improved a lot since he hve been taking part in the compo (2nd place in Monza!) and last but not least the late-comer Dany who has fought for all the very points in the races and reached som pretty nice positions in the qualifs.
There were a pretty nice fact too - we didn't celebrate it in time but it still does worth some words: akouk reached the absolute record of the attendance of GWR supported events during the season. Over 600 races and he is still one of the fastest drivers - AMAZING!
And we had an other old dog too. Tuomo, who could always keep his car close to the 1st place and to the title.
But "poorly" ( :mrgreen: ) there was nothing to do against RenaultF1 (or EcoLogic? :D ) and especially against Mr.J and Cristiano. I daren't guess what a crazy season it would have been with the full-timer Lorenzo, Serginho and tooomek... not to mention the other GR-stars who were away from this compo. Let's hope for them next year! :yummy:
So now I close my long-long lines with many pleasure and love, with lot of great, useful and fair experiences and with a promis:

I'll be back soon! :D
GuEss what's coming up nExt!
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

As i have a very imposing suggest system, here are my dictatorial final tips about 2011 calendar.
01-Arabia: Losail by Andreas Hultgen
02-Australia: Albert Park by Gabor Kozma
03-Borneo Area: Sepang by Maciej1
04-Spain: Ricardo Tormo by future design // Jarama by Maciej1
05-Monaco: Monaco by Gabor Kozma(or by Maciej1 if he release one...)
06-Africa: Durban by Jimmy
07-Western Europe: Chicaneless Anderstop by Daro05 // Magny-Cours by Gabór Kozma
08-North America: Indianapolis Infield by MdP & Jimmy
09-England: Donington by Black Rebel
10-Germany: Nurburgring by Halama(also waiting by a Maciej's version)
11-Central Europe: A1 Ring 2003 by Halama
12-Italy: Mugello by MdP
13-Benelux: Spa by Maciej1
14-China: Macau by Maciej1
15-Korea/Japan: Korea by Maciej
16-Brazil: Interlagos by Black Rebel
Bunchies

Post by Bunchies »

Thanks again, Madd Dogg and the entire supporting cast for allowing this to happen. I didn't quite know what to expect, since this was my first GR comp, but it was awesome.

It was pretty difficult to get up to speed. I thought the compo was going to be really quick, but found myself running practice sims in my free time. Racing is serious business, after all. :D

Consider me signed up for 2012!
Dany

Post by Dany »

Thank you for mention me in your letter of thanks! :bsmile:
Visit http://www.planet-generally.de !!

Number 1: Rookie of the Month March 2011

Part of the planetgenerally.de Team
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Congratulations again to the championship winners. In a few weeks I will move the gr.f1 section on the official MRF website to the archive page. :)

See you next season! :wave:
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."