Beat Them All [R/Login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
mplume

Re: Beat Them All [R/Login]

Post by mplume »

I did'nt manage to finish first because of bad luck and login syndrom. I owned that AI level 9 times over 10 in training session but I must admit I took to much risk this time.

Next track is easier, I hope I'll have a clean race.

Merged double reply from Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:09 pm:
mizzamar wrote:Well, I was also below 100 so don't worry :)
This compo is not easy because the damage value is higher than I got used to. I have to be careful with aggressive car-to-car battles, so pushing the AI out of my way doesn't always work.
Yeah, I've try to make a balance for the damage and I think I've succed in. You can push AI but you can't do everything...
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

tooomek
POL
privateer
tooomek.r@wp.pl
mplume

Post by mplume »

tooomek wrote:tooomek
POL
privateer
tooomek.r@wp.pl
Login info send :hattip:
MD

Post by MD »

Had to pit and finished 3rd :rage:
Anyways: it WAS fun :D
GuEss what's coming up nExt!
mplume

Post by mplume »

Results are online here.

Congratz to majortom who succeed to beat them all and also to have the racing time record. You can watch his replay on the attachment.

Races in brief:
majortom: Good start, take the lead on turn 2. 2nd after a little mistake on turn 4 but he manage to be already 1st at the end of lap 1. 10 clear-laps later, he wins the first BTA round. :bg:
mizzamar: Good start, take the lead on turn 2. One AI keep just behind him during 2 laps and then he makes a confortable gap and wins easily his race. :cflag:
mplume: Good start, 2nd after turn 2. Take the lead on lap 2 but small mistakes wasted his efforts as he was 6th at the beginning of lap 3 :headbang: . Stay a long time at 3rd place and took 2nd at the end of the race.
Madd Dogg: Average start, he was almost first on lap 1 but miss completly the last turn as he was 6th after it. When trying to overtake the field, he push too hard an AI and have to pit. Manage to finish 3rd on last lap. :hot:
Manzur: Decided to retire after too much mistakes. (come on guy, you race for BTA Racing ;) )

AI's life:
Ayrton and Micheal both succeed to beat one human. Ferando prove also his pace with two 2nd place. Ayrton & Michael have the best average level with 91.25, Lewis is last with 90.5. Ayrton take the lead of the AI's general classification with 16pts, Fernando is just one point behind him. (points per race 9-6-4-2-1). You can watch the table at the statistics' section on the website.

Round 2 is now open, login is ready (mirror's too).

Feel free to join, you can see on round 1 that with only one win against any AI's level, you had been credited of a podium in the online results... :nod:
Attachments
R1_podium_replay.zip
Here's the replays of the podium's race.
(945.88 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

Hey, this is really an unusual compo: I had the slowest AI, almost the slowest race time, and still I was close to win the 1st round... very funny, I hope others will join soon (I really don't understand why people stay away from racing here)!
It seems though that I'll have to experiment with faster AIs because once the other drivers will have a clean race, I'll be in trouble... :)
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
MD

Post by MD »

This is an awesome idea! I knew and now the 1st round is the evidence. I'll advertise in GRF1's thread.

Congratulations to majortom!
Thanks for the excellent race, mizzamar :hattip:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Can I enter with NMRacing as a privateer team?
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
majortom
GeneRally Wizard

Post by majortom »

Well, successful first race. :D

Now I know your strategy for AI level. Maybe I can raise AIs a little in round 2
but this will need some practice in starting. I can't rely upon a lucky start
as in first race ...
mplume

Post by mplume »

Martyn wrote:Can I enter with NMRacing as a privateer team?
If one of the 2 privateer drivers want to join your team, you can race for NMRacing. Else, you can join as a privateer.

Thanks Madd Dogg, I'm little disapointed with the small field, hope your ad will change this fact...
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

IMO i suffer from Login Syndrome. Because in a test on Bukid, i owned 60 AI'S, but my competition times are very bad.
akouk

Post by akouk »

akouk #54 GRE privateer akouk at otenet dot gr

Nice idea this combo :bg: combines the original "beat your own skill" concept of the game with "real" competition :rainbow:
mplume

Post by mplume »

You're welcom akouk (I'll send your login info tomorrow).

Guys, I want to switch next week (round 3) to 1.10 as I don't need to merge the replays. So, you'll have to download a new pack...

Everyone is agree about that change? (just tell me if there is a problem and we will keep running the competition in 1.05)
MD

Post by MD »

On my side, absolutely. It shouldn't cause any big problems with this number of drivers. But IMO you can refresh the pack in the first post (or attach one more with 1.10). ;)
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

IMO is best if you allow both.
majortom
GeneRally Wizard

Post by majortom »

1.10 additional is ok, if someone needs new resolution.
I see no other reason, since there is no 1.10 track yet in calender. :scratch:

I still use my W98 PC for competition ...
mplume

Post by mplume »

majortom wrote:1.10 additional is ok, if someone needs new resolution.
I see no other reason, since there is no 1.10 track yet in calender. :scratch:

I still use my W98 PC for competition ...
Another reason: to be the first competition with 1.10... :yummy:

If you still use W98, I must still accept 1.05. But if some of you race with 1.10 and other 1.05, I have to test if there is no change in AI behaviour with the new version.

EDIT: As it's a lot more simple for me to keep only one GR version running, we'll keep 1.05 till the end of the season. Expect 1.10 for Season 2...
mplume

Post by mplume »

Have done my race, it was even more crazy than my first one! :hyper:

Guys, I promise you, my replay is a pure GR funny race! :popcorn:
I think my heart reach 150bpm at the end of the race, very stressfull! (damned login syndrom)
akouk

Post by akouk »

mizzamar wrote:Login link doesn't work for me.
none of the links work for me either :kickcan:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

akouk wrote:
same here, and I have no login details yet
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
mplume

Post by mplume »

Martyn wrote:
akouk wrote:
same here, and I have no login details yet
I've test Mirror and it's working right now. (the main website is still down but it's not my fault, my free host is down) I'm sorry about that... :shake3:

Martyn, you haven't receive any login details because actualy you did'nt aplly for the competition. Give me your number, nationality, team (or privateer) and your e-mail please... :)
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Wales
Privateer
martyn95 [at] gmail [dot] com
akouk

Post by akouk »

race done, went pretty well :D Although I chose an AI level were I had 100% practice success I must admit that I also had some luck during login
mplume

Post by mplume »

Martyn wrote:#63
Wales
Privateer
martyn95 [at] gmail [dot] com
:flip: 63 is already attributed, I give you 36... :D
mplume

Post by mplume »

As my main host have a big problem since few days, as my first mirror is sometimes very very slow, I've made another mirror and I hope this time this one will be safe...

Mirror2