ToM compo S7 [SurpriseLogin][R] (Finished)

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Rich.K

Re: ToM compo S7 [SurpriseLogin][R] (Round 10 running)

Post by Rich.K »

How about the top 5 drivers from previous event send a .trk file by email as this gamespeed stuff really only applies to the drivers at the front, bit like F1 or any real life race series they always pull in the front running cars and weigh them etc after the race.
James C.

Post by James C. »

Rich.K wrote:How about the top 5 drivers from previous event send a .trk file by email as this gamespeed stuff really only applies to the drivers at the front, bit like F1 or any real life race series they always pull in the front running cars and weigh them etc after the race.
In a race event, you cannot check anything with the .trk
Btw can't you see in TrackTool the gamespeed of the best laps of the race..? Actually the best laps done on that track, and here it would mean also best laps of the race. This way, if you would need to send .trk too, you could prevent people from using <100% gamespeed :scratch: But I'm not sure if it would work properly...
This can be only done in hotlap mode, in a track which has only 6 registered times or less.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Now that was fun, liked the car/track combination. :)
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Alx.it wrote:I'll give you a precious hint: the track where we race was taken from the October ToM trackpack :shhh: , and the car in also included in the "Update the Original Generally Carpack", but is not McTurbo, not Go Kart and not Onewheeler :roflmao:
Didn't we have some rules about not revealing the track or car :rage:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

He's hardly revealed the track as it's the round for October... And the car choice is hardly narrowed :D
Vilkku

Post by Vilkku »

Again one bad race for me. Stupid mistakes will drop my position again a lot. :kickcan:
My signature was too long.
Raska

Post by Raska »

AleksiNir wrote:Nnnooooo!! Don't stop with ToM! :kickcan:
Don't worry. I'll finish the season. After... I've to think, there will be changes but as the ToM leader I won't give up. GR isn't perfectly adapted for internet compos and I know the choice for a totally fair compo is between the classical login and the 50% with an adapted car. :shrug: The surprise login could work with special cars in 50% or I could choose more the tracks I want you to discover...
AleksiNir wrote:And as if that wasn't enough, I didn't get a screenshot :rolleyes:
Just for being clear. AleksiNir was penalised for late sending (already warned) and I didn't decided to cumulate the penalities and I trusted him about his screenshot. Any objections ?

@ AleksiNir & Rich.K : James is right. I could ask more things to the drivers... a picture when starting the race, or make a shorter login-window. But I want to keep it funny and simple.

@ Mizzamar : Thank you.
maclape wrote:The difference between Momo and the rest after 1 min 49 secs is... :eyes:
Yes... but for being totally honest I must say that the doubt could be true for everybody. Now, I hope he'll keep on racing.

@ Lukeno1 : As you know Quklis was joking... don't forget to race it seems the mix is funny this time !

Speaking of that... here you are the list of the partecipants of this 10th round (ToM october 2008), already (30) drivers raced, join the list :

- jo.sk
- Ms...
- resir014
- Quklis
- Mad Mack
- AleksiNir
- Hangman
- alexsara79
- Ivo
- Alx.it
- Takaya
- Pierlerally
- Tony
- TuomoH
- Mizzamar
- JoBar
- GRaucho
- dalbom
- Vilkku
- akouk
- haq
- LongBow
- Luketes
- Rich.K
- SpL (No Files) What happened ?
- Gnappo
- maclape
- Buka
- Raska
- medal89

The login times will come later... Only Pierlerally, haq, LongBow & Luketes passed the red line. Good luck !
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Raska wrote: Just for being clear. AleksiNir was penalised for late sending (already warned) and I didn't decided to cumulate the penalities and I trusted him about his screenshot. Any objections ?
The computer didn't record my time when I uploaded the .gam? I'm sure I didn't cross the time limit... :scratch: If you watched the time of my first mail to you, I sent the mail a few minutes after uploading, and that might've already crossed the time limit.

If I recall correctly, I logined at 15:30, and the time stamp of my .gam is 15:59, so according to that I should've not got a penalty :| Can you still see the exact time of my login?
Attachments
nimetön.PNG
nimetön.PNG (6.29 KiB) Viewed 5244 times
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

I had problems uploading the files for round 10. I guess the Internet connection went out when I was racing or something went wrong with the browser.....I waited for about 10 min but nothing happened. When I refreshed the ToM page and tried again I obviously got the 30 min limit message so I sent my files to you Raska.

BTW I liked this round track/car mix.....it was fun :D
Rich.K

Post by Rich.K »

Just done round 10, combination not my cup of tea but was tough one for me as I have the flu this weekend and found it hard to concentrate, its the taking part which counts :D
akouk

Post by akouk »

Rich.K wrote:Just done round 10, combination not my cup of tea but was tough one for me as I have the flu this weekend and found it hard to concentrate, its the taking part which counts :D
same here :shake: for several laps at the beginning I was just cruising around the track :hippy:
Raska

Dunes Race results

Post by Raska »

Ok.. we loosed some answers/posts but this post should answer to everything..

@ maclape : ehehe I hope so (that you fear me), we have the same gap than the leaders, everything can still happen..

@ Buka : 9 drivers parked on the pyramids, Alx.it, maclape, jo.sk, AleksiNir, Luketes, Vilkku, Gnappo, you and me.

This 10th round will stay in the memories of lots of drivers as 9 drivers made their best performances so far. Second track from Maciej1 in a row, but this time it was way more funny. Dunes Race have a strange and challenging hmap, which force us to drive a different line than the ideal one. At this game and as expected by some of us with this car, Alx.it was the best. That's his 3rd victory of the season and the 4th with the sidamob on 8 races (6 podiums), btw it's his 6th Grand Chelem (Victory + FL)... meanwhile alexsara79 takes his 5th podiums in a row equaling the record of his rival in the TitanAlex's war. Now the gap is at 8 points with two races to go. :popcorn:
The last historical event but not the least, LongBow with his excellent 6th place became the 40th differents top 10 finishers in the history of the competition. The championship have many interesting questions to answer and the fights in the two last events will be very interesting. Will there be a change between the leaders or the podiumers ? Who will be the 6th drivers in the season card between jo.sk and Hangman ? The rookie championship is also totally relaunched by the troubles of the Czech's brothers... Lots of drivers (21) are making their best season, will they achieve that ?, etc... :misch: For knowing the answers, stay tunned, and take part at the two last event of the ToM circus.

Unfortunately I had to penalise haq and Pierlerally. As only 4 drivers had troubles and the races weren't too long IMO for allowing an exeption.

Race analysis

Leaders :

Alx.it : 32 laps (1-8, 11-17, 20-36)
Raska : 4 laps (9-10, 18-19)

Pit-stops strategies :

2 stops : 8 drivers (Tony, Hangman, jo.sk, AleksiNir, Buka, Quklis, Mizzamar & GRaucho)
3 stops : 18 drivers (Alx.it, Raska, alexsara79, TuomoH, LongBow, maclape, akouk, Luketes, Gnappo, Takaya, Ivo, medal89, Ms..., Mad Mack, JoBar, resir014, haq & Pierlerally)
4 stops : 3 drivers (Rich.K, Vilkku & dalbom)

Great Achieved Strategy (GAS) awards :

All the drivers who made a two stops strategy and some with three : Tony, LongBow, Hangman, jo.sk, AleksiNir, Buka, Quklis, Mizzamar & GRaucho.

Not Wanted Pit-stop (NWP) :

Damn pit-crew, AIs and fuel tank : Rich.K, Vilkku & dalbom. :shrug:

Apparently the best pit-stops strategies was a three stops strategy but it's hard to say as nobody made a clean (and agressiv) 4 stops strategy. Anyway it was more important to keep the pace after some corners and that's on the trail that the differences were made.

The special congrats goes to : Alx.it, LongBow, Gnappo, Takaya, dalbom, Mizzamar, Ms..., Mad Mack & resir014 :bg: for making their best performance so far ! Also congrats to Buka for his BROS, a very good race and for once not in the NWP list.
Then congrats again to Alx.it for his second FastestLap of the season and sixth Grand Chelem of his carreer. :up:

The PFcard shows the four finishes with less than a second of gap after quiet 20 minutes of race ! Congrats and thank you to LongBow & Hangman, AleksiNir & akouk, Buka & Luketes and alexsara79 & me.

The position picture is taked on the 6th lap, just before that Ivo made the first pit-stop of the race, so after 3 minutes and 44 seconds. BTW Masa have still his old colours.

Ok, that's all for this round.. thank you everyone, keep on racing !!

As usual for those who don't race with us...

Everyone is welcome !
It's never too late for joining us.
Every useful informations are in the first post of this thread..otherwise ask !
The compo takes only 30 minutes by week of your time.
And... more we are, better it'll be !
:ghug:

Also don't forget to vote for the ToM february 2010, so you can partially choose the tracks for the next season(s).
Attachments
DunesRaceAfter3minutes44.jpg
DunesRacePFcard.jpg
DunesRacePodium.jpg
DunesRaceResult.jpg
GeneralClassification10.JPG

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: ToM compo S7 [SurpriseLogin][R] (Round 11 running)

Post by Mad Dan »

:weep: :headbang:

what more to say :D I hope that I will have better luck in next rounds
@LongBow: I´m looking for our fight for R tittle :cool2: :yummy:
Raska

Post by Raska »

It's the last day for racing the round 11 (ToM november 2008), already (33) drivers took part.. join them and make the list grow up :

- medal89
- Vilkku
- Hangman
- AleksiNir
- Ivo
- Ms...
- Mad Mack
- cico_89 (No Files) What happened ?
- Cristiano Bohessef
- dalbom
- alexsara79
- Tony
- Serginho (got a mail) Welcome :wave: .. you'll have a warning. :!:
- jo.sk
- Pierlerally
- Mizzamar
- GRaucho
- JoBar
- TuomoH
- Takaya
- akouk
- Momo (No Files) What happened ? BTW I'm glad to see you back.
- SpL
- maclape
- haq
- Luketes (got a mail)
- Buka
- LongBow
- Rich.K
- Alx.it
- Raska
- Gnappo
- Quklis

Don't forget to race and good luck ! :cflag: Let's make it more interesting than the first F1 race..

Competitions I've won :

LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Dan Hakulin wrote:@LongBow: I´m looking for our fight for R tittle :cool2: :yummy:
Im already tweaking my engine for better performance :misch:
SpL

Post by SpL »

I´ve lost my login info, please could you be so kind and re-send it to me? Thanks :hattip:
Serginho

Post by Serginho »

Raska wrote:- Serginho (got a mail) Welcome :wave: ..
Thank you Raka! :bg:
Raska wrote:you'll have a warning. :!:
OH NO!!! :(

My internet is very slow... I didn't understand perfectly as it did... I thought that in the login I would received the track instantly, so I readed again the rules for then to race. :sorry:

I ask for a little patience with me. Is my first participation in this championship. It's new for me. ;)
SR|12
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

:really: I tried to log-in but this appeared......I had right name and password :shrug:

I´m not sure if Raska will appear online today so it is looking bad for me... :weep:
Attachments
skriin.jpg
Raska

Post by Raska »

@ SpL : check your mailbox. ;)
Serginho wrote:OH NO!!! :(

My internet is very slow... I didn't understand perfectly as it did... I thought that in the login I would received the track instantly, so I readed again the rules for then to race. :sorry:

I ask for a little patience with me. Is my first participation in this championship. It's new for me. ;)
Don't worry, a warning only means that next time you'll have a penality. Your time will be accepted and of course if there are connection troubles we'll see for the next events.

@ haq : Strange.. try again. Everything seems to work fine actually.

Competitions I've won :

Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I´ve tried it again, with other browsers but it don´t work :shrug: If you have time could you please make account dan hakulin instead of it?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Nick is Dan Hakulin (with long i in Hakulin)

I edited the name during making last nominations, but not noticed the consequences. I'm sorry for mess. :(
Raska

Post by Raska »

Dan Hakulin wrote:I´ve tried it again, with other browsers but it don´t work :shrug: If you have time could you please make account dan hakulin instead of it?
Done... :scratch: The strange thing is that the change was already made, that's surely why you couldn't log-in before. I guess, Ivo or GeorgM have changed your nick in the members list without sending you your login-infos. Everything should work now.
Good luck ! :bg:

Competitions I've won :

Serginho

Post by Serginho »

Raska wrote:Don't worry, a warning only means that next time you'll have a penality. Your time will be accepted and of course if there are connection troubles we'll see for the next events.
Thank you Raska! :bg:
SR|12
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

thanks for help :) raced now :D I don´t know if I was enough fast compared to Longbow :scratch:
maclape

Post by maclape »

mario wrote:raced now :D I don´t know if I was enough fast compared to Raska :scratch:
Too busy to write something new :mrgreen: