ToM compo S7 [SurpriseLogin][R] (Finished)

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Buka

Re: ToM compo S7 [SurpriseLogin][R] (Round 11 running)

Post by Buka »

The track is just awesome, but I really tired while racing. And made just huge amount of mistakes.
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Re: ToM compo S7 [SurpriseLogin][R] (Round 11 running)

Post by LongBow »

Dan Hakulin wrote:thanks for help :) raced now :D I don´t know if I was enough fast compared to Longbow :scratch:
Just did my race....an average performance I think.
I had problems to concentrate and to keep a good racing rhythm. I had some series of very good laps but then the concentration went fishing and I started making mess around the track :flip:
Quklis

Re: ToM compo S7 [SurpriseLogin][R] (Round 12 running)

Post by Quklis »

My computer crashed nicely yesterday :eyes: I was supposed to race but couldn't, but :shrug:

EDIT: Got it just fixed, it just had stupid problem :doh: . Any chances I could still race as the replays aren't up yet, please :shy: ?
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Had the race of my life.. On wrong track :doh:

Those all have same names..
Raska

NingarCityNC replays

Post by Raska »

Last week of the compo and some of you have already finished it... :cflag: We were finally 33 at NingarCity but unfortunately for Quklis 32 on the good version and as cico_89 & Momo didn't sent their files we have 30 racers in the replays for this interesting street race. For once, we even have the author of the track racing at home ! Discover your results and AleksiNir's one with the merged replays !

BTW Luketes will have a penality..
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
tony

Post by tony »

My goal for this season was finally achieved! :D
maclape

Post by maclape »

Oh...my...god! :shock:
Raska

Post by Raska »

tony wrote:My goal for this season was finally achieved! :D
I'm happy to see your first post on GRRF here, my friend :drink: and congrats for reaching your 20th ToM podium !
maclape wrote:Oh...my...god! :shock:
What ? What ?
You were very close to the victory.. but a great race from you. Congrats :bg: I guess that even if I didn't had troubles with the Silver AI :compko: I'd be behind Alex and you.

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Last race done (without any trace of trying to decrease lap times with progress of race). For me nothing to loose, nothing to take, so I made the X rounds without passion, saved and uploaded. :coffee: :doh: For me season ended. :)

Good luck to all, guys, enjoy the last ToMputer's decision of the season. :bg:
Raska

Post by Raska »

I haven't finished the result now.. :shake: they should be here tomorrow. :sorry:

I'm thinking about the next season and I'd like to try something with this last round.. I'll ask you to keep the trk file and ask to the top10 to send it to me. So, don't modify it and send it to me just after racing or when I'll ask it to you. For the six drivers that have already finished their season (Vilkku, Hangman, Momo, AleksiNir, Ivo & Mizzamar) you can send it to me as soon as possible.. of course there will not be penalities about that for this round, that's just for trying.

@ Ivo : Thank you for racing. But why without passion or tryies to improve ?

Competitions I've won :

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I don't know, Raska, maybe I'm tired. I had every year January or February without any GR races, this year not. I need small break, I'm afraid. I had this feeling for whole season. Or because I'm little bit in vacuum in the drivers standings, nobody around closely to me in last few rounds? :shrug:

BTW I'm sorry, I cannot send you my trk, I deleted whole my ToM Compo's GR copy after the uploading of the last race. I obviously do this deleting after publication of results of last round, but now I was thinking, that ToM is reliable not loose my files so no need to store it for any longer. :oops:
Raska

Post by Raska »

No problem, thank you Ivo.

BTW I've forgot to change the last replay as finally I didn't had to change them for Quklis.. :doh: Unfortunately Takaya wasn't selected in first position, so we had his bronze AI's race. I'll update a new file with the race of Alx.it instead. EDIT : Well, not instead but in more..

I've all the statistics but I still have to do all the pictures.. it should be ready this evening.

Have a nice day ! :bg:

Competitions I've won :

Raska

NingarCityNC result

Post by Raska »

The season's end is really close now and I'm sorry for the delay.. particularly as this 11 round was really interesting and shown some beautiful showS ! The gap between our two TitanAlex's leaders is smaller than ever and everything can still happen.

This nice street track made by AleksiNir gave the second victory in a row at Alx.it and the first podium of the season for Tony. But the race was fantastic, with AleksiNir (at home) and me leading the first lap, then the spanish rocket take off.. Maclape leaded for a good part of the race only relayed by alexsara79 (who choosed a two stops strategy) until Alx.it comes back. The end of the race was stunning as we could see the victory's fight in the PFcard. Behind them the positions changed many times and everywhere. :popcorn: Thank you everyone !

The historical events are the 10th top5 in a row for alexsara79, equaled the record of Murano during the season 5, will he beat it with the last event ?
Cristiano Bohessef joined the club of the top10 finishers and became the 41th members of this club during the ToM history. Congrats again to Tony for reaching his 20th ToM podium and to jo.sk for his second FL of the season and 5th overall. Unfortunately I had to penalise Luketes for late submission but thanks to that Cristiano reached the top10. Finally Serginho became the 117th ToM drivers and made an excellent first race reaching the 14th place.

Race analysis

Leaders :

AleksiNir : 1 lap (1)
Raska : 1 lap (1)
maclape : 21 laps (2-13, 23-31)
alexsara79 : 19 laps (14-22, 33-41, 51-52)
Alx.it : 24 laps (32, 42-50, 53-66)

Pit-stops strategies :

2 stops : 4 drivers (alexsara79, Vilkku, haq & GRaucho)
3 stops : 19 drivers (Alx.it, maclape, Tony, jo.sk, AleksiNir, Raska, akouk, Cristiano Bohessef, Rich.K, Hangman, Serginho, LongBow, SpL, Ivo, Luketes, Mizzamar, Takaya, Ms... & Mad Mack)
4 stops : 3 drivers (TuomoH, dalbom & medal89)
5 stops : 3 drivers (Gnappo, Pierlerally & JoBar)
6 stops : 1 driver (Buka)

Great Achieved Strategy (GAS) awards :

All the drivers who made a two stops strategy and some with three : maclape, Tony, alexsara79, akouk, Rich.K, Vilkku, haq, Luketes & GRaucho.

Not Wanted Pit-stop (NWP) :

Damn walls, pit-crew, AIs and fuel tank : Buka, Gnappo, dalbom, medal89, Pierlerally, Ms..., Mad Mack & JoBar. :shrug:

The strategies were important (not as important as the driving and overtakings) but finally the pitlane wasn't long enough for a two stops strategy as alexsara79 showed it... or maybe the Triangle use too much the tyres.. Anyway the important place were the chicanes and the roundabout even if the first corner was also tricky. Alx.it wake up was soon enough for this race but will it be for the championship ?

The special congrats goes to : Alx.it, Crisiano Bohessef & Serginho :bg: for making their best performance so far ! Also congrats to Tony for his BROS and achieving his goal for the season.
Then congrats again to jo.sk for his second FastestLap of the season :up:

The PFcard shows the three finishes with less than a second of gap after more or less 17 minutes of race ! Congrats and thank you to Raska & akouk, Alx.it & maclape and Luketes & Crisitiano Bohessef even if the penality changes the result.

The position picture is taked on the 6th lap, just before that medal89 made the first pit-stop of the race, so after 1 minute and 28 seconds.

Ok, that's all for this round.. thank you everyone, keep on racing !! All the questions will have their answers monday !

As usual for those who don't race with us... even if that's for the last race

Everyone is welcome !
It's never too late for joining us.
Every useful informations are in the first post of this thread..otherwise ask !
The compo takes only 30 minutes by week of your time.
And... more we are, better it'll be !
:ghug:

Also don't forget to vote for the ToM february 2010, so you can partially choose the tracks for the next season(s).
Attachments
NingarCityNCAfter1minute28.jpg
NingarCityNCPFcard.jpg
NingarCityNCPodium.jpg
NingarCityNCResult.jpg
GeneralClassification11.JPG

Competitions I've won :

AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Like I said earlier, I should've been faster, and I didn't expect to be that high, apparently the home track gives plenty of advantage. Congratulations alx.it and others :clap:

Last round was an interesting race, I think I was doing really good until the last laps, when I damaged my car twice :rage: Even if the other was on a lap I was planning to stop anyway, for the other one, I decided to drive 3,5 laps with a damaged car, but now I think it was a very bad decision :shrug:
Raska

Post by Raska »

AleksiNir wrote:Last round was an interesting race, I think I was doing really good until the last laps, when I damaged my car twice :rage: Even if the other was on a lap I was planning to stop anyway, for the other one, I decided to drive 3,5 laps with a damaged car, but now I think it was a very bad decision :shrug:
Damaging the car just after a pit-stop is one of the worse thing that can happen in a :gr: race. It's always a good question to continue some laps, it depends on the track... on some sinuous one it can be a good idea but usually as soon as possible is better.

It's the last day of the season 7.. :cflag: Don't forget to race this twelve round (ToM december 2008) like the (30) drivers who already finished their season :

- Vilkku
- Hangman (38.54) Second warning.. you'll be penalised. :shrug:
- Momo
- AleksiNir
- Ivo
- Mizzamar
- Mad Mack
- cico_89 (No Files)
- medal89
- Tony
- Ms...
- alexsara79
- Serginho (35.21) Got a mail.. we'll see.
- akouk
- TuomoH
- Quklis
- dalbom
- JoBar
- GRaucho
- Takaya
- SpL
- haq
- jo.sk
- Buka
- LongBow
- maclape
- Pierlerally
- Raska
- Gnappo
- Alx.it

Make this list grow up and good luck !

The :tom: compo will surely be back this year... let me know your point of view on the compo, your wishes, your prefered schedule, well everything for improving the compo. There will be some changes and basically I've two options : making a shorter login-window and with less surprise factor or using a different car adapted to the 50%. ..

Competitions I've won :

TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I was a bit skeptical at first but ended having a real good time racing the last round. :)

Thanks to Raska for another fun season. :up:
maclape

Post by maclape »

Season ended for me too.

Great mix for last round, just stupid mistakes :headbang: I hope Raska won't race the race of his life :mrgreen: :compko:
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Raska wrote:The :tom: compo will surely be back this year... let me know your point of view on the compo, your wishes, your prefered schedule, well everything for improving the compo. There will be some changes and basically I've two options : making a shorter login-window and with less surprise factor or using a different car adapted to the 50%. ..
The ToM is a good competition, in my opinion one of the best ! Thank you very much Raska ;)
For next season I prefer the first option : shorter login-window which allow only a short training (4 or 5 laps).

My season is ended, and the mix of car/track of the last event gave to me a lot of pleasure ! I hope I will reach to keep my 6th position in championship :misch:
Alx.it

Re: ToM compo S7 [SurpriseLogin][R] (Finishing...)

Post by Alx.it »

Season ended for me too... thanks to Raska for this amazing championship! :heyea:

Regarding the last round, the car wasn't the most liked by me, but the mix was challenging, so I had a lot of fun :trampo:

Regards
Alx.it :wave:
maclape

Post by maclape »

Alx.it wrote:Season ended for me too... thanks to Raska for this amazing championship! :heyea:

Regarding the last round, the car wasn't the most liked by me, but the mix was challenging, so I had a lot of fun :trampo:

Regards
Alx.it :wave:
Blablablablala :lol:

The real point, do you have chances to win the season??

Good luck to both Alex ;)
Alx.it

Post by Alx.it »

maclape wrote:Blablablablala :lol:

The real point, do you have chances to win the season??

Good luck to both Alex ;)
Well, it mainly depends on Alexsara, but I tried to make it hard for him :misch:
Raska

Nürburgring replays

Post by Raska »

maclape wrote:Great mix for last round, just stupid mistakes :headbang: I hope Raska won't race the race of his life :mrgreen: :compko:
Not the race of my life as I've done some mistakes (two little crashes) but I enjoyed this challenging mix and I taked lots of risks..

@ TuomoH, jo.sk & Alx.it : Thank you my friends. :goodvibes:

My internet connexion wasn't working until this evening :compko: then for staying optimistic I tough it would gave more time at Rich.K, Luketes and Cristiano B. for racing and maybe referee the TitanAlex's war. They didn't had the time apparently.. Anyway I'll not make you wait more. The merged replays of the last race of this historical season are ready. :cflag: Unfortunately, Momo didn't used the good gr.ini and there is a problem with the second replays (it should work if you make a copy of the track with a "Â" instead of the "ü"). Finally, Hangman and Pierlerally will have a penality. :/ Serginho is not penalised as he is a rookie, he was really close to the limit, he sent me two screens 1 before and the usual one.. The files are in the usual place. :cflag:

Ok, enough talked it's time to upload the files. Enjoy the showS !! :popcorn: I hope to see you all back for the next season. Thank you my fellow ToMers !! :ghug:

Competitions I've won :

Serginho

Re: Nürburgring replays

Post by Serginho »

Raska wrote:Serginho is not penalised as he is a rookie, he was really close to the limit, he sent me two screens 1 before and the usual one.. The files are in the usual place. :cflag:
Thank you Raska, my internet is very slow.
Raska wrote:Ok, enough talked it's time to upload the files. Enjoy the showS !! :popcorn: I hope to see you all back for the next season. Thank you my fellow ToMers !! :ghug:
UHUUUU!!! :heyea:

GO GO GO!!!
SR|12
maclape

Post by maclape »

Watching the replay i'm even more surprise with my result, my first half of the race was a joke, what a stupid mistakes!

The 'Congratulations post' will come tomorrow. I don't want to spoil the suspense :mrgreen:

Regards!!
Serginho

Post by Serginho »

maclape wrote:Watching the replay i'm even more surprise with my result, my first half of the race was a joke, what a stupid mistakes!

The 'Congratulations post' will come tomorrow. I don't want to spoil the suspense :mrgreen:

Regards!!
I'm anxious to watch the race, though I have done a bad race. :sweatdrop:
SR|12