ToM compo S8 [SurpriseLogin] [R] (Round 8!)

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Mr.J

Re: ToM compo S8 [SurpriseLogin] [R] (Round 5!)

Post by Mr.J »

Did my race.
I can wave goodbye to the top 5. :wave:
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
Vilkku

Post by Vilkku »

It looks like replays are on website.

:woohoo: Just my opinion about my race :D
My signature was too long.
maclape

Post by maclape »

Just saw the replay...
...funny i thought i did a meh-race :shock:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Congrats to the fast people. :bg: The fun thing about these races on short tracks is that you never know how well you do with the AI. I'm happy with my result, considering my steering thumb became numb during the last 20 laps or so - it actually did cost me one position but I'm still happy. :D
bgcatfan

Post by bgcatfan »

A great battle for 7th at the end if I do say so myself :bg:
Although I ran into AI on the next to last lap and fell to 8th, where I finished in the previous race. Hopefully I'll improve this week!
Buka

Re: ToM compo S8 [SurpriseLogin] [R] (Round 6!)

Post by Buka »

Time to make a deeper look at 5th round - ToM September - which was held at Wyoming. Another great track from future design after Netherland in 2nd round. This time we raced with Sidamob and it wasn't easy task for some of us what was proved by some of the leaders. AleksiNir after 4 great races and 3 podiums in Wyoming managed to finish only 10th and has lost his leadership in general classification to maclape whose wise strategy with 4 pitstops brought him a victory in Wyoming with comfortable 1,5 seconds from Vilkku and TuomoH. Finns finished nose to nose, but younger one was a tiny bit faster. Another Finn Hangman finished 5th behind Akouk. ACM did another great race and now he leads in rookies classification, because Mr.J - another unlucky person this round - managed to finish only 12th. Meanwhile FogoRJ has got his first top-10 and also he set the fastest lap. Congrats, mate, and keep improving. Alonso after great success with Mini in previous round fell out from top-10 and finished 11th.

It's worth to mention that Wyoming became 40th ToM race for maclape and Hangman. :clap:

Race analysis

Best lap :
FogoRJ - 9.35

Pit-stops strategies :
2 - Alonso, Scaramanga, HJ
3 - all others
4 - maclape, nolb, dany

Great Achieved Strategy (GAS) awards :
maclape

Not Wanted Pit-stop (NWP) :
Noone :goal:

Warning:
APEX, Oleksa - Set grid options to 'Points' to start from pole!

Penalties:
Reh - BOP (no save)

Position picture was taken a moment before maclape was going to pits for the first time on his 18th lap, 3 minutes and 7 seconds after the start.

PF card shows finishes of Vilkku and TuomoH (places 2 and 3); C. Bohessef, bgcatfan and FogoRJ (7, 8 and 9); weird green spot kuba and mizzamar (16 and 17).

On the podium maclape celebrates his 3rd victory in the season and 40th race in the ToM career, Vilkku is happy to be on podium again and TuomoH thinks about that turn where he has lost 0,5 sec and 2nd place.

Attachments
race_R5.png
podium_R5.png
pfcard_R5.png
Buka

Post by Buka »

Looks like I forgot to write the participants of the current round:

hangman 38:53 First warning! :!:
kuba 23:53
ACM 24:09
Buka 21:47
Alonso 23:19
oleksa 30:22
TuomoH 25:03
Vilkku 34:02
bgcatfan 24:19
majortom 25:50
FogoRJ 23:02
VNL 23:02
AleksiNir 25:54
Mizzamar 21:41
maclape 25:54
Mr.J () no files :weep:
Reh 30:26
akouk 27:30
Cristiano Bohessef 26:02
momo ~35 mins Files got by mail and first warning! :!:

Don't forget to make your race! And remember that it's never too late to join the ToM circus!
Last edited by Buka on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mad Mack

Post by Mad Mack »

Dam Dam Dam and Blast I compleatly missed the entire series :weep: . Serves me right for not looking on the forum :doh:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ Mad Mack:
Buka wrote:And remember that it's never too late to join the ToM circus!
Still 3 rounds remaining, almost half of season. ;) Tell, if you'll wish login info. :)
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

I pressed Esc - it went to the championship standings
I pressed Esc again - it quit the race

:meditate:
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Oh, I forgot to race this round and just raced the November, which wasn't great race either :D
Areen

Post by Areen »

Can I get my password again on the e-mail: k.sleczkax@gmail.com? I don't have the message.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

New password sent. :)
Areen

Post by Areen »

Hah, my race was horrible but I had much fun with driving on this circuit by this vehicles ;D That was something :)
Hangman

Post by Hangman »

No files? I sent mine to the email specified in the first post right after I got the message of failed upload :worried:
Rampage.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Sorry, I received just mails related to Momo's being late, I'll ask Buka if he sent me yours too. :)
Buka

Re: ToM compo S8 [SurpriseLogin] [R] (Round 7!)

Post by Buka »

So, guys, October's event is over now too. It was held at amazing Oulton Park, made by Milton du Pont also known as Andrea Tibiletti, many-coloured masterpiece :artist: of old generation's trackmaker. The track gave a lot of troubles for racers (damn sunk tyres!), but it was a great pleasure to race there. At least I was happy to get this very track with that very truck.

Sunk tyres... Yeah, there was hardly a racer who didn't suffer from them. Akouk, for example, can blame them for the lost battle to AleksiNir just a few laps before the finish. But well, the real tragedy was Hangman's race. Of course, he finished third and to most of the drivers it would be the highest point of their career, but Hangman... :weep: I was so impressed of his misfortune, that I've made PF animated card instead of usual one. Just imagine: the final lap, the final turn and... he's run out of fuel! AleksiNir and Akouk not too far behind and Hangman fall from first to third a few GRmeters before crossing the finish line. You should watch that. The whole race these drivers were fighting for the victory (with Maclape, but that's another story) changing each other both on the track and in pits. And what a dramatic finish it was. Incredible. Simply amazing. Real thriller. I don't know words enough to describe it. :bowdown:

It's worth to mention, but behind them, the trio of TuomoH, Cristiano Bohessef and Vilkku (it was his 50th ToM race!) also showed that they know how to overtake and fight on a track. :boxing: Maclape's result probably can be explained of missing checkpoint, isn't it? Momo did his first top-10 this season. :bg:

Thanks to the victory AleksiNir returned the first place in standings, maclape and Akouk are 5 points behind, and TuomoH is 6 points behind. The battle for the title promises to be outstanding. ACM has now very strong leadership in rookies classification as Mr.J missed the round (no files from him, but 1 point in classification).

Race analysis

Best lap :
Vilkku - 20.98

Pit-stops strategies :
2 - TuomoH, Hangman
3 - all others
4 - Reh

Great Achieved Strategy (GAS) awards :
TuomoH. It could be Hangman too, but you know...

Not Wanted Pit-stop (NWP) :
Noone :goal:

Warning:
Oleksa, TuomoH, bgcatfan, AleksiNir, Kuba - set grid order on Points to start from Pole position next time.
momo, hangman - late submit - 1st warning.

Ok, position picture shows positions when leaders have started 8th lap. Maclape's leading... 3 minutes after the start.

PF card is animated this time as explained above.

AleksiNir can hardly believe his luck: surprising victory and unexpected leadership in general classification. What can be better? Akouk, most likely, is satisfied with his 2nd place and Hangman is depressed after such a bad luck. But I'm sure all the champagne was his this day.

Don't miss the chance to join the ToM circus, make you race right now! It's never too late to join, you know.

pfanim_R6.gif
podium_R6.png
race_R6.png
Ok, and here's the list of participants of the 7th event:
ACM 27:29
XYY 32:02
Areen 20:31
Vilkku 18:40
hangman 29:50
Alonso 23:57
oleksa 31:18
TuomoH 25:43
majortom 27:48
Buka 26:27
HJ 25:13
Reh 29:18
bgcatfan ~32 minutes files got by mail
Mizzamar 23:46
FogoRJ 25:09
Cristiano Bohessef 24:08
akouk 32:08
AleksiNir 25:49
kuba 30:56
maclape 26:45
Mad Mack no files :(
Last edited by Buka on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bgcatfan

Post by bgcatfan »

Thanks for the rundown Buka! :)
Buka wrote: Warning:
Oleksa, TuomoH, bgcatfan, AleksiNir, Kuba - set grid order on Points to start from Pole position next time.
imho we shouldn't be required to set the grid by points (there is no statement in the first post about this rule). I thought I would have a better start by lining up second than lining up first, so I set the grid order by random until i got the start that I wanted. As long as we're first on the selection screen (and therefore show up in replay) it should be okay, right?

(my purpose for asking mainly for rules clarification, not necessarily to defend my position)
Buka

Post by Buka »

bgcatfan wrote:imho we shouldn't be required to set the grid by points (there is no statement in the first post about this rule). I thought I would have a better start by lining up second than lining up first, so I set the grid order by random until i got the start that I wanted. As long as we're first on the selection screen (and therefore show up in replay) it should be okay, right?

(my purpose for asking mainly for rules clarification, not necessarily to defend my position)
You're not required. Otherwise it would be a penalty. ;) Just pole means better start at 90% of tracks. Consider it as a reminder to change the settings.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I did pit three times. ;) I tried using 2 stop strategy but my fuel got to zero before my first stop so I changed my strategy.
Buka

Post by Buka »

TuomoH wrote:I did pit three times. ;) I tried using 2 stop strategy but my fuel got to zero before my first stop so I changed my strategy.
Than you've lost your GAS award. :haha:
Reh

Post by Reh »

As comprehension my 4th pit wasn't wanted at all...I just missed to get enough fuel for the last laps. :hide:
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
visit www.planetgenerally.de !
ACM

Post by ACM »

How is it possible to do only 2 pit stops across 30km? Many racers seem to do it. Just out of curiosity, I practiced doing a 2 pit stop race; I'd calculate the amount of laps needed to evenly space each pit session as much as possible, but I'd still run out of fuel before it was time to pit.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

ACM wrote:... but I'd still run out of fuel before it was time to pit.
Even this may be part of the race strategy. :shhh: For more, simply look on replays.
Reh

Post by Reh »

Trigger Happy wrote:
ACM wrote:... but I'd still run out of fuel before it was time to pit.
Even this may be part of the race strategy. :shhh: For more, simply look on replays.
Exactly. You loose about five seconds during a pit stop (T_p), maybe more with safepits or a twisty pit entry or exit. If the loss of time because of worn tires (T_t) and the time you lose while crawling with empty fuel (T_ef) together are less then the time you spend in pit, its worth to try.

T_p - T_t - T_ef + T_lf ≥ 0

(for T_lf being the time you win while driving with less fuel then you would do with more pit stops. Depends on race length etc.)
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
visit www.planetgenerally.de !