GR ROC - Race of Champions

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: GR ROC - Race of Champions [HL]

Post by Lukeno94 »

Maybe a couple of the less-patriotic Germans could represent Austria or Switzerland or somewhere like that? Or, quite equally, join one of the 1-driver nations. The same could happen with Brazilians (some driving for Portugal perhaps?). Just my idea :)
kuba

Post by kuba »

If they have Austrian/Swiss/Portuguese ancestors I would say ok, but nothing unnatural - let's keep idea from real ROC - battles between nations.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Talking about nations, remember there always were teams in RoC like All Stars, Nordic, Scandinavia, Benelux or Slavic os in the end you can besigned to a team.
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

You can count Croatia in as well! :)
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Dan Hakulín wrote:Talking about nations, remember there always were teams in RoC like All Stars, Nordic, Scandinavia, Benelux or Slavic os in the end you can besigned to a team.
Yes, but teams are in reallife limited to 8. If necessary, team number may be extended here to 12 or even 16.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

No need to limit the teams. :bg:
I'm very interested. :nod:
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
Murano

Re: GR ROC - Race of Champions

Post by Murano »

If I find the solution to run correctly the new version of GR on my laptop, I'll take part. However, it's gonna be hard to find a french teammate :ouch:
"GR was our sole purpose in life", JR Zullo, May 2006.

GWR:
- 2006 & 2007 Timetrial Champion
- 2007 Hotlap Champion
- March'07, June'07, July'07, March'08, May'08 General Winner
- 10 months 1st seeded driver
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Murano wrote:If I find the solution to run correctly the new version of GR on my laptop, I'll take part. However, it's gonna be hard to find a french teammate :ouch:
GR 1.10 does work correctly every windows, and does also work with most of laptops (I've also had waited for this one... :D) BTW I suggest you Jo to talk with, if he would have time in these weeks, if not I can imagine a team with an Italian driver or with maclape, everything will depend only, how many entrants will be there. ^^
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

Well, in case my country needs me, I'll try to pull myself together for racing (hell, I am being ultra lame in ToM compo)! :)
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
akouk

Post by akouk »

I'll join these battles when they begin ;)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Herbal wrote:
Murano wrote:If I find the solution to run correctly the new version of GR on my laptop, I'll take part. However, it's gonna be hard to find a french teammate :ouch:
GR 1.10 does work correctly every windows, and does also work with most of laptops (I've also had waited for this one... :D) BTW I suggest you Jo to talk with, if he would have time in these weeks, if not I can imagine a team with an Italian driver or with maclape, everything will depend only, how many entrants will be there. ^^
Actually, GR 1.10 only runs on Windows XP SP3 onwards, so if you for some odd reason do not have XP SP3, or are still running Win2K (I doubt that somehow :rofl: ), it should work fine with your laptop, I don't think there is any issue with GR 1.10 and laptop chipsets. ;)
Murano

Post by Murano »

Lukeno94 wrote:
Herbal wrote:GR 1.10 does work correctly every windows, and does also work with most of laptops (I've also had waited for this one... :D) BTW I suggest you Jo to talk with, if he would have time in these weeks, if not I can imagine a team with an Italian driver or with maclape, everything will depend only, how many entrants will be there. ^^
Actually, GR 1.10 only runs on Windows XP SP3 onwards, so if you for some odd reason do not have XP SP3, or are still running Win2K (I doubt that somehow :rofl: ), it should work fine with your laptop, I don't think there is any issue with GR 1.10 and laptop chipsets. ;)
Well, I can't play more than 10 minutes because for some odd reason, the game crashes. I haven't checked the entire "Help & advice" sub forum yet but if someone has an idea of what it could be, please PM. No need to pollute this topic with that ;)
"GR was our sole purpose in life", JR Zullo, May 2006.

GWR:
- 2006 & 2007 Timetrial Champion
- 2007 Hotlap Champion
- March'07, June'07, July'07, March'08, May'08 General Winner
- 10 months 1st seeded driver
Cristiano Bohessef

Post by Cristiano Bohessef »

I'm surely in with Brazil :bg:
ECOlogic Racing Team
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Lukeno94 wrote:Actually, GR 1.10 only runs on Windows XP SP3 onwards...
I'm able to play v1.10, but I use SP2. Strange... :?
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Well, the Visual Studio 2010 says it needs SP3, and in fact the fact you're not using SP3 is very dangerous for your machine. But lets return on topic. ;)
HSC-King

Post by HSC-King »

im in if it is ok .. i choose poland if that is ok ...
kuba

Post by kuba »

I think that's not ok... You are not Polish, Poland have enough drivers to made a team - it's better to create more than one German team than allow people to drive for not they countries or some mixed teams, like Dan suggested: All Stars, Nordic, Scandinavia, Benelux or Slavic. Another way is to instead of creating teams for whole Germany split you guys into lands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_of_Germany).
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

kuba's right, Areen and kuba are both interested, however I would think that you could possibly drive for Austria, as I don't know any current Austrian drivers in GR?
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

There are at least three drivers active from Austria: Haselnuß, SGroe and Michkov. Real alternative would be either Switzerland, if on PGR you'll be able to speak with Sky, or if I can access mplume, or anyone from the Netherlands, so that the left German drivers could join to them.
kuba

Post by kuba »

Me for Austria? I was in primary school on trip to Vienna, but that's all what connects me with Austria ;p

Or were you saying to HSC-King? That's possibility - maybe some German drivers have grandmother or grandfather born in Austria - after all Germans and Austrians speaks the same language.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Jungs, wer von euch lebt am nächsten zu Österreich?

(for those who don't speak German: guys, who lives from you closest to Austria?)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I agree with Kuba, I rather like the idea of states inside Germany than taking flag of unrelated sovereign state. Team Bavaria or Team Saxony sounds quite well. :)

Other way is to keep the idea mirrored in the name of the event - Race of Champions, by taking narrower field per nation of 2 leading drivers of each. Actually isn't this the thing making the real event so special?
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

It is, but there are some nations that don't HAVE any leading drivers any more, like the UK for example, as rich.k has been the only really competitive guy for ages. Myself, Alex, davidmay96 and BBA, to name the ones that come straight to my head, we tend to be in the middle of the pack and towards the back. Please correct me, however, if there are some faster Brits that I've missed. :D
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

If you're with Rich.K only regular GR UK racers, than you two are leading UK drivers no matter how high level you actually have. BTW yes, you forgot Calders. ;)
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Other solution is to trying to convince those, who don't or rarely appear in competitions. Dave's join was actually a part of this strategy, bduddy seems to join also, but I've also contacted egamad (too bad, LongBow can't take part :(), and a good idea would be, if I could get Ms... into the fun.