All In One Championship [HL+TT+R] [login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

All In One Championship [HL+TT+R] [login]

Post by Herbal »

Yes, it's true! I'm returning to the compo organizing scene with a fresh competion, which includes a modern(ish) look of website, an unorthodox compo system and with one of the most liked cars: the silhouettes! This is a competition where you can show, if there are nuts in your pants, or not. :P

But then, why is the competition All In One? Did I go crazy? Yeah, maybe... :twisted: Actually, the name suggests, that many things will be included here, and of course there will be, as at a weekend, you must take part at a hotlap, a time trial and a race event, all in one login window. ^^

About cars: as a base, I've been used up JTarJ's well-known silhouette formula, with slight changes in size and looks. And yeah, you still need to submit a car, if you want to take part in the competition, criterias are below. (Don't let the example car fool you, not only sedans and coupés are to be sent of course, main thing is, that the car needs a roof, a wing and headlights.) However, if you want to have your submitted car for your own use, you can also lock it, just notify me from this while sending it to me.
ImageImage
Points will be given individually for all heats, in the following form:
This also means, that I also keep managing the standings of sole types and the main competition. This means then in order five titles:
Unofficial:
Champion of One Laps Trophy - most points in Hotlaps
King of Lonely Racing Trophy - most points in Time Trial
Master of Races Trophy - most points in Race
Official:
Drivers standings
Teams standings
Do you think, this will be so simple? Wrong! :misch: I wasn't saying without reason, that the competition's main part is to have balls. And that's because I've also added a little spice to the compo: the possibility to use a joker! That means that you can double your hotlap scores for a sole event. But you've got to tell this on this forum, publicly and BEFORE your login event, so that a so far not used factor is added in GR compos: a little poker.

About settings:
Tyre wear : 2%
Fuel Consumption : 4%
Fuel Mass : 80 kg
Damage : 15%
Game Speed : 100%
Race length: 5 laps (HL), 8 km (TT), 15 km (R)
AIs: 5 AI for race, none at HL and TT

And then, let's show you the calendar:
As the calendar says, you still have loads of time to ask your questions, and I'm also glad to answer them. ^^
Last edited by Herbal on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: All In One Championship [HL+TT+R] [login]

Post by Herbal »

For signing up, you need just to send the following informations to gr.dxtr@gmail.com

Your nick
Your nation
Your race number (except #1)
Your racing colors (xx-xx-xx/xx-xx-xx)
Your car (send me a car fitting to rules or select ones from the already submitted ones)

Teams are also permitted, up to three members. There's only one thing to keep in order: the team has to drive the same car.

For those, who took part in Race of Champions, their password will be the same.

Entry list

Submitted cars

Championship standings

Last edited by Herbal on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

This sounds sooo awesome :bsmile: And the design is so lovely :love:
...I'll join! :) But will it cross with the RoC indiviuals cup? Otherwise I have to sign out there :shhh:
Tomorrow I'll create a car.
But let me ask these more things:
- Can we join in teams? If yes, how many drivers per team? And would the car be valid for all teammates?
- What signup information do you need, or do you have all you need from those who signed up at GR RoC?
- What is meant by this "Pit stop out of a pit window : 60 seconds each time "?
- Why musn't we do more or less than 1 stop in the race? Btw, it breaks with following thing:"1 or no pit stops in Feature race : 30 seconds " :D
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

XYY wrote:This sounds sooo awesome :bsmile: And the design is so lovely :love:
...I'll join! :) But will it cross with the RoC indiviuals cup? Otherwise I have to sign out there :shhh:
Tomorrow I'll create a car.
But let me ask these more things:
- Can we join in teams? If yes, how many drivers per team? And would the car be valid for all teammates?
- What signup information do you need, or do you have all you need from those who signed up at GR RoC?
- What is meant by this "Pit stop out of a pit window : 60 seconds each time "?
- Why musn't we do more or less than 1 stop in the race? Btw, it breaks with following thing:"1 or no pit stops in Feature race : 30 seconds " :D
Actually it will clash, but I don't think if it would be that hard to manage to run 3 times 2 laps, that's not so long as you think. ;) Try to race for RoC on Saturday, and AIOC on Sunday.

From the others, that's just the wonder of live editing of posts... :D There were just some things I've left from the old A1GP rules. They have been updated of course, so let's clarify: no mandatory pitstops are needed, but if that fits in, of course you can do that.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ XYY: don't worry - you're racing with RoC cars at RoC track already 4 weeks in row or so. You certainly can drive there with closed eyes already. :)

BTW I certainly won't miss this opportunity. You can expect a car model from me, Herbal, together with proper signup mail within ten days or so. :yummy: Just a note to 1st post - IMHO you should mention there explicitly, that the joker's announcement needs to happen before driver's login try to be valid like full rules on website say.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Alright, it's time to present you the first submitted car: XYY's Porsche 917!
PGR Porsche 917
PGR Porsche 917
XYY.png (1.95 KiB) Viewed 6408 times
This Group 6 car was originally known from endurance competitions in the seventies. The designer, XYY just took the chassis and fit this fine car up for the AIOC rules, most of all with a little tallening and adding an other wing at the back end. Since XYY told me, he wishes to start in PlanetGeneRally.de, I would like to ask some eager Germans to join the crew, don't forget, there's 2 seats free in the team!
Herbal Racing
Herbal Racing
Herbal.png (2.1 KiB) Viewed 6408 times
And now, some words from my own team (shameless advertising FTW! :taped:), Herbal Racing. The team has been created by DXTR (my previous pseudo), first as a sole team, and later as a second team for the famous Zonnebloem Racing Group. Since Zonnebloem seems to be defunct since 2009, Herbal Racing will be the first team in the group until Frank or Dave won't change the situation... ^^ Now, the "greens" are back on track, with a freshly updated model 3S09B, derived from the SSS model, having a sports car back. I can say here the same, what I've did for PGR.de - we've got two seats free, if you want to join to me, just send a PM! :bg:
Reh

Post by Reh »

Herbal wrote:Since XYY told me, he wishes to start in PlanetGeneRally.de, I would like to ask some eager Germans to join the crew, don't forget, there's 2 seats free in the team!
I'm definitely in.
Nice cars so far!

Reh
GER
0-100-0 / 200-0-0
planetgenerally.de
PGR Porsche 917
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
visit www.planetgenerally.de !
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I was thinking, that no real cars are permitted, because of silhouette's being fictional cars class. And it was always giving the fun to the option of cars submitting or not? :sweatdrop:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Trigger Happy wrote:I was thinking, that no real cars are permitted, because of silhouette's being fictional cars class. And it was always giving the fun to the option of cars submitting or not? :sweatdrop:
Yes and no. I would be most happy with fictional cars, but in the FSS there was also a 307 submitted, so can't restict to just fictional cars... :shrug: However I still hope to see some cars from Luke, Krisu and maybe from One and some other famous carmakers and famous teams.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

You're organizer, so yes, you can restrict what, how and when you'll wish. ;)

If majority of the submitted cars would be real cars, the silhouettes wouldn't be as outstanding in comparison to other compos at all as are. :)
Dany

Post by Dany »

Herbal wrote:Since XYY told me, he wishes to start in PlanetGeneRally.de, I would like to ask some eager Germans to join the crew, don't forget, there's 2 seats free in the team!
Quick reservation for the third seat! Nice compo btw! :bg: :bg:

Name: Dany
Nation: Germany
Number: #95
Colours: 69-220-252 / 000-000-000 (may I change it later the other way round?? :shy: )
Team: planetgenerally.de
Car: PGR Porsche 917

I think it'll be a nice championship! :cflag:
Visit http://www.planet-generally.de !!

Number 1: Rookie of the Month March 2011

Part of the planetgenerally.de Team
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Herbal wrote:
Trigger Happy wrote:However I still hope to see some cars from Luke, Krisu and maybe from One and some other famous carmakers and famous teams.
And that you will, Choo Choo.

http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.p ... 817#p59817

Although I have no plans to have a team for myself, this car is free to use for anyone. I do hope someone will give it a go at the very least.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Thanks for the submissions! :bg:
Dany wrote:Colours: 69-220-252 / 000-000-000 (may I change it later the other way round?? :shy: )
If you want to, yes, just don't forget to remind me when you want to change it ;)

BTW I can also announce an other car, Miskolc MC014-B. Further details later by the author, Madd Dogg.
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

One more, something more in the style of DTM. The Zonnebloem Virtuoso also takes part with privateer interests in mind.

http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2800
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ Herbal: can you delete the safe pit setup from physic, when you don't use it in pits for the compo, please? It's really annoying in kerbs/ruoffs at Echo Hills, Klerkdorp, Morleyonne and Stente Park. :doh:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Doorslammer wrote:One more, something more in the style of DTM. The Zonnebloem Virtuoso also takes part with privateer interests in mind.

http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2800
Thanks for submission, Dave, that car looks gorgeous! :bg:
Trigger Happy wrote:@ Herbal: can you delete the safe pit setup from physic, when you don't use it in pits for the compo, please? It's really annoying in kerbs/ruoffs at Echo Hills, Klerkdorp, Morleyonne and Stente Park. :doh:
You're right, oil grip and slowdown values updated. The already submitted cars are also updated to this. Other little change is that I've change car height parameters, that's counted from floor, but not considering the wings. Cars of DHV and Zonnebloem were fit to this by myself, as the difference was kinda few (< 0,05), rest of the submitted cars are OK.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks. :up:
Steelronin

Post by Steelronin »

Hi Im new to the login system and would like to join (only race i have entered was the FormulaCup S2)

i have a game file showing my performance on the second track of the season if you want too see it just PM me. would be very happy if somebody would have me :P if not i will continue as a privateer (if that happens i will post later)
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

cybersamurai79 wrote:Hi Im new to the login system and would like to join (only race i have entered was the FormulaCup S2)
Welcome in AIOC! :wave: Make sure when you decide, for which team you're going to race, let me know your email, a race number, your car selection and driver colors.

And now, it's time for Horst Fuchs with his special offers! His suggestion is for you this nice machine to choose:

GT6.PNG
GT6.PNG (2.26 KiB) Viewed 6220 times
This is a well known model from One or better known as Lyserg: the BOLT GT6 MkIII. Since the latest plastical surgery in 2008, there were not much changes on the car, except for AIOC physics and size alterations. And now, this marvellous model is offered not for 50000 GR€, not for 20000 GR€, but not even for 10000 GR€! For this special offer, you can have this awesome car "absolut gratis"!

end of teleshopping :mrgreen:
kuba

Post by kuba »

I don't want to sounds rude - website and tracks are great - but why Herbal, your cars have to slide that much, especially with rear wheels? Both here and in Race of Champions (Skoda Fabia S2000 isn't a car - it's potato with wheels). Couldn't it's be more stable to make breaking and accelerating on turns much more realistic and predictable? Currently it's fighting with car all the time.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Some times ago I've received critics for GTCC that the cars I've included are glued too much to the ground and they act as a bag full of potato. Now it's the contrary... :D

However the main physics (except for different chassis details) were worked out by JTarJ, so you can blame him for these physics... :P Ah and no worries, neither I do love those physics so much, but some people like more drift happy cars, and I wanted to have physics opposite to my S2000 touringcar pack.

BREAKING NEWS: a heavy incident happened with PGR.de! During test drives, their wonderful Porsche 917 crashed. Fortunately they told the famous designer Frank Meier to quickly develop a new body for the car, as the chassis didn't take major damage. He built up this lovely coupé with Porsche 917 spec.
P917S.png
P917S.png (2.07 KiB) Viewed 6176 times
fiction :shhh:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

And now, an other car presentation: the final version of Miskolc MC014-B. Madd Dogg's and Resi's presentation can be find here.

Here's a simple and lovely car for those who need a reliable friend on the race-track. Fair handling and nice design - I can highly recommend for rookies.
Good to know that Miskolc MC014-B is a result of a cooperation with Herbal Prodoctions. The basic for the chassis was the model 3S09B and the "B" in our car's name also refers to Herbal's civil first name. In spite of this MC014-B mainly contains Miskolc-technology. Just feel the car's behavior on the track and you can also feel the big difference!
And now Miskolc Racing Foundation let this car for public use. We also wish you luck for this competiton. Enjoy the car and enjoy the races!

resir014 & Madd Dogg

So, use this car as MRF wishes. :P
Attachments
Miskolc MC014-B
Miskolc MC014-B
car.png (48.6 KiB) Viewed 6161 times
Steelronin

Post by Steelronin »

i have a slight problem with the zonnebloem... (i will probably drive it)

there is a stroke of green and blue that moves around the car as i drive it, its very odd

can this be fixed?
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Herbal wrote:And now, an other car presentation: the final version of Miskolc MC014-B. Madd Dogg's and Resi's presentation can be find here.
cheerleader:

@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

cybersamurai79 wrote:i have a slight problem with the zonnebloem... (i will probably drive it)

there is a stroke of green and blue that moves around the car as i drive it, its very odd

can this be fixed?
It's probably a colour issue. I don't know if you use 2 colour selection or just full custom liveries in the car pack, no idea really.