GeneRally V8Supercar Series [R] [HL] [TT] [login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
puttz

Re: GeneRally V8Supercar Series (Round 8) [R] [HL] [TT] [log

Post by puttz »

Less than 24 hours left to submit files for Bathurst. Files recieved:
Alonso
Ivo
Rafael
kuba
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Reh

Post by Reh »

Files sent, I guess I was the last to race.
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
visit www.planetgenerally.de !
puttz

Post by puttz »

Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 2dJMnBjSEE

congrats for a dominating performance by Alonso. Points and everything else will be updated tomorrow. The login files for the remaining rounds are now up.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Sorry guys, but I have a final exam coming up on Wednesday, so I realized that I will not have time to do points or update the site until after that. :sorry:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

OK drivers, points and site are updated. The two rounds that are due on Sunday are a 5km time trial hot lap at Hamilton, and a 10km race at Calder Park. Good luck :bg:
Points:https://sites.google.com/site/grv8scseries/standings
Last edited by puttz on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: GeneRally V8Supercar Series [R] [HL] [TT] [login]

Post by Trigger Happy »

TT or HL (in 1st post) at Hamilton? :scratch:
kuba

Post by kuba »

HL, it's the same as at https://sites.google.com/site/grv8scseries/schedule - why are you doubting?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Because in the post above puttz talks about 5km long TT. :?
puttz

Post by puttz »

:doh: It's HL, not TT. I screwed up again guys, sorry. Man, I am terrible at this... :vsad:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

I think i've accidentally logged in twice for Round 10.

EDIT: I've done Round 11 too.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Less than 24 hours for rounds 9 and 10. Files recieved:
Rafael (9, 10, 11)
Alonso (9, 10)
kuba (9)

I do not think I will be able to participate in the remaining rounds, since I have suddenly found myself without enough time to really race. Not that I was in contention anyway :P So I'll sit back and watch the battle unfold. :bg: Good luck to our top two in points.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

I think from now on I will do download compos instead of racing codes :doh: 8 hours left.
By the way, results will likely not be up until Tuesday, I will have lots of time then to get it done.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

I've done all my races for this season. Just waiting for the results now.

I hope see more competitors next season.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Alright, results from round 9 and 10!

Round 9: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... Dh6ZmNhZEE
Round 10: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... XdxS0hQc1E
Points: https://sites.google.com/site/grv8scseries/standings

A great win by Alonso in the Hot Lap round :winner: And a very close race between Alonso and kuba once again at Calder Park, with kuba taking the win :winner: by a mere 0.63 seconds, leaving Alonso to second place :silver: once again. kuba continues to sit atop the points, it is likely going to take a pair of wins from Alonso, and a mistake from kuba for him to lose the championship crown.

Penalties :blackfg:
Rafael: Wrong manufacturer in round 10. This is part of the reason that I want to move to a file download system for any future seasons I run, that should help eliminate accidental wrong car choice.

@ivo: I didn't recieve a file for round 10 :weep: I see that you logged in, but no files were received.

About a future season, would you all be up for it? I'm thinking that over Winter break I might do a shorter season of V8 Supercars, 4-5 weeks, with perhaps between 5-8 rounds. How does that sound? I also have something else cooking up (something kind of big involving GT cars and multiple classes), but that will not happen until next Summer if I do decided to do it at all. If not, there could be another season of Supercars. Thanks for putting up with my incompetence as a first time compo organizer, I've certainly learned a bit about compo organizing from this season. I hope you all enjoyed racing, it's been fun for me :bg: Good luck on the final two rounds! I hope to see all entrants make these final two rounds.

Reminders for rounds 11 and 12 at Surfer's Paradise: Round 11 is due on Saturday, and round 12 is due on Sunday. Round 11 is a 5km Hot Lap round, and round 12 is a 15km race (not 10km as all other race rounds were).
Attachments
Round10_Merged.zip
Merged round 10 replay
(254.39 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

puttz wrote:@ivo: I didn't recieve a file for round 10 :weep: I see that you logged in, but no files were received.
I forgot to change settings from hl to race. I noticed it while arrived into pits in half of the race and saw how pit crew was lazy to do anything on my car. :D So I quitted the game. :angerstorm:

:shrug:
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

puttz wrote:Reminders for rounds 11 and 12 at Surfer's Paradise: Round 11 is due on Saturday, and round 12 is due on Sunday. Round 11 is a 5km Hot Lap round, and round 12 is a 15km race (not 10km as all other race rounds were).

I've raced only 10km on Monday :doh:

:lol:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Reminder: Less than 24 hours to submit files for the final 2 rounds.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

Hasn't deadline for round 11 already passed? You wrote 22 posts above it's on Saturday. I thought it was the point so we could see results of Hot Lap before making last Race.
puttz

Post by puttz »

kuba wrote:Hasn't deadline for round 11 already passed? You wrote 22 posts above it's on Saturday. I thought it was the point so we could see results of Hot Lap before making last Race.
:doh: Yes, you are correct. Sorry guys, I've had a long week. Submission is now closed for all rounds, thanks to everyone who participated in this series. I'll try to have final results up by Tuesday, if not it will be a few days after that since I will be away for about a week after that.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Alright, final results are in!
Round 11: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ksxVkRnQmc
Round 12: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... kgwdFEzV2c

Congratulations to the season champion, kuba :winner: The crown is well deserved. Also a good fight by second place Alonso :silver: Third went to Reh :bronze: So, these drivers will have the right to numbers 1, 2, and 3 in S2 if it happens. Final points are on the website: https://sites.google.com/site/grv8scseries/standings

Attached is the final standings and the merged replay from the final race.
Thanks to all for racing, and for making this a great season :bg: Thanks also for putting up with my sometimes incompetent organization, I hope to do better in the future. Hope to see all of you in future compos :bg: Until next time, keep 'em revved up :cflag:
Attachments
V8SC Final Points.jpg
Round12_merged.zip
(435.6 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Congrats to the champion :bg:
Thanks to puttz for organizing this compo. :up: It was a fun experience and next season hopefully we will see more entrants on the grid.
kuba

Post by kuba »

Congrats to Alonso for great battle, to Reh for tracking us and of course for Puttz for organizing this championship.

I hope 2nd season will came quite soon and got idea about it - why not make 2 rounds per weekend where they have different type: hl/tt + race?
puttz

Post by puttz »

kuba wrote:I hope 2nd season will came quite soon and got idea about it - why not make 2 rounds per weekend where they have different type: hl/tt + race?
I think S2 will be started sometime in mid-late December (I won't have time for organizing until school is over.) I was actually thinking of doing that, so that I can compact about 8 rounds into approximately a month (that's how long my break is.) I'm wondering what you all thought of the Bathurst format, would it be a format you would run again in S2 or would you rather have it be just one stint? Or, possibly I'm thinking of doing it like it is done in real life, have two drivers team up and each run a stint, how about that?
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Mszostus

Post by Mszostus »

Congratulation Kuba, great job!
puttz

Post by puttz »

Just an quick announcement that Season 2 will be taking place in December/January. Signups should be open in about a month's time, I do have the site up if people want to take a look at this season's stuff. http://puttz.byethost31.com/V8SC2Main.html Also note the Bathurst format, I am open to changing it back to the way it was in S1 if enough people think it is a bad idea.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff