GeneRally V8Supercar Series [R] [HL] [TT] [login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
puttz

Re: GeneRally V8Supercar Series (Round 3) [R] [HL] [TT] [log

Post by puttz »

2 and 1/2 hours left for round 5. I will not have times for any fancy results stuff this time, so I hope spreadsheet links will suffice.
Files recieved:
puttz
Alonso
kuba
Reh
Harryson
Rafael

Still awaiting Ivo, and also CuteLego12 and LegoDino77 (neither of which I particularly expect, surprise me guys :bg: )
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
puttz

Re: GeneRally V8Supercar Series (Round 3) [R] [HL] [TT] [log

Post by puttz »

Quick results, I will post files and update the points and everything else when I have time tomorrow. Tight race for the top two, and it really dropped from there.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... jN4UE9LaFE

And in other news, I am now accepting rounds 6 and 7. Good luck :bg:
Remember, round 6 is a TT, not a race, so do not use AIs!

Edit: Standings and website are now updated: https://sites.google.com/site/grv8scseries/standings
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Re: GeneRally V8Supercar Series (Round 7) [R] [HL] [TT] [log

Post by puttz »

Sorry guys, been busy lately and haven't had too much time to work on this.
Login files for round 7 and the first segment of Bathurst are up, I will get results from this round up sometime tomorrow. Just a reminder, to login for Bathurst, it will be nickname08A, not nickname08. Also, I may be changing servers for the login so that I can get up a site for another compo I am planning on organizing at some point in the near future. Don't worry, I will make sure that doing another compo will not detract from the management of this one. Good luck in the next rounds guys, we are now half way through the season :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Results from East Creek!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 3dGX0g2OXc
Again, a tight battle for the win, with kuba pulling it out once again :winner: with Alonso coming in a close second. :bronze: It was a little ways back to third, but my goodness it was a tight battle for the last podium spot. By 0.27 seconds, Reh beat Rafael to that final podium spot :bronze: Reh also managed to turn in the fastest lap of the race, besting Alonso by a hair (0.04 sec :shock: ).
Now we'll have a look at the points as they stand at the midway point of the series:
https://sites.google.com/site/grv8scseries/standings
kuba now holds a 14 point advantage over Alonso. It looks to be a battle between those two for the season crown, as it is a monstrous 34 point gap back to the third place Reh. It will take a tremendous effort for him to climb back up to those two. Now the question is, who will bring home the championship, kuba's Holden team or Alonso in his Ford Falcon? Only the last half of the season will tell, hold on tight, it looks to be a good battle. </cheesy midseason report>

This week, it's a 10km race at Barbagallo. Good luck everyone!
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

Sweet, that win tastes great - Alonso is great driver and fight was very close :)
puttz

Post by puttz »

Please note that I have changed the login server, the url is now http://grv8sc.net76.net
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

That was close :)
But I must say, well done kuba :bg:
puttz

Post by puttz »

By the way, round 7 is not due tomorrow, it is due on next Sunday. If you forgot this, don't worry, I did too until I looked at the schedule again. :sweatdrop:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

less than 24 hours remaining for round 7. files recieved:

puttz
Alonso
Rafael
Harryson
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
LegoDino77

Post by LegoDino77 »

Sorry for that, I havent raced, but I just dont have time now. ;D Good luck for others!
puttz

Post by puttz »

Sorry guys, but my computer doesn't want to connect to the internet at the moment, so I don't know when results or the second Bathurst login will be available :vsad:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

No problem, we can wait few days. :-) And at least I could do my race in early morning too. :hide:
puttz

Post by puttz »

OK, my computer will now let me connect, but I have not yet got a chance to analyse the files :weep: I may be able to do a quick and nasty results tomorrow, and if not tomorrow than almost assuredly Wednesday. Thanks for your patience. By the way, the Bathurst B login is now available. :bg: And don't forget that there are only two more days to submit your round Bathurst A files, anyone failing to submit the A round will not be elligible in the B round. So far I have only Alonso's A file.

Also a note for Ivo, unfortunately your race for round 7 will not count since it was started well past the deadline. Ordinarily I would have taken the login down by that time, but my computer was on the fritz :mad: Sorry about that :vsad:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Well, no problem, but usually organizers (including myself when hold a compo) don't take these things entirely strictly because of few hours, if results weren't yet released (especially if attendance isn't huge), so I thought it was be ok. :)
kuba

Post by kuba »

Just did my 70 laps as Bathurst - what a track, especially tight turns 11 to 17. Looking forward to results from Barbagallo and first segment of Bathurst.
puttz

Re: GeneRally V8Supercar Series (Round 8) [R] [HL] [TT] [log

Post by puttz »

Results from Barbagallo!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... VhNWF9oS2c
Not so close this time, kuba with a very clear victory :winner: which will also widen the points gap at the top of the chart. Congrats to Alonso :silver: and Reh :bronze: , the other two podiumites. And if anything, this round went to prove that your host can't drive :cap: :uglylol: Points are not yet updated, I will do that tomorrow. One thing worthy of note, there are no penalties :blackfg: this round. Everyone was clean.

Files received for Bathurst:
Alonso (A only)
kuba (A and B)

Less than 24 hours remain for the A stint, you must submit by 11:59 pm GMT in order to be eligible for the B round. I will attempt to post the standings as of the end of the A stint tomorrow night after submissions are complete so that you can see where you stand and what you will likely have to gain in the B stint if you have not submitted it yet. Good luck, everyone :bg:

One other administrative note, after Bathurst is over, I will open up submission for all of the remaining rounds.

@RehIvo, sorry, I was not aware of this, but as in the other rounds I have taken down the login within a couple of hours of the official end of the round, and would have done so with this round if my computer cooperated :doh: , I will be unable to count your run. Sorry mate :sorry:
Last edited by puttz on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Reh

Post by Reh »

puttz wrote:@Reh, sorry, I was not aware of this, but as in the other rounds I have taken down the login within a couple of hours of the official end of the round, and would have done so with this round if my computer cooperated :doh: , I will be unable to count your run. Sorry mate :sorry:
I guess you mean Trigger Happy...
Though you could make a note in the results why the race isn't counted, but he gets points (for a BOP e.g.) anyway ;)
What I'm trying to say is, that there are less hard ways of coping with a late submission, a time penalty for example. Or even just a warning, as he didn't take advantage of it I guess. :2c:
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
visit www.planetgenerally.de !
puttz

Post by puttz »

Reh wrote:
puttz wrote:@Reh, sorry, I was not aware of this, but as in the other rounds I have taken down the login within a couple of hours of the official end of the round, and would have done so with this round if my computer cooperated :doh: , I will be unable to count your run. Sorry mate :sorry:
I guess you mean Trigger Happy...
Though you could make a note in the results why the race isn't counted, but he gets points (for a BOP e.g.) anyway ;)
What I'm trying to say is, that there are less hard ways of coping with a late submission, a time penalty for example. Or even just a warning, as he didn't take advantage of it I guess. :2c:
:doh: This is what happens when I stay up late :P I forgot to put the note in about the points (see previous sentence).

Merged double reply from Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:23 pm:

Points are now updated: https://sites.google.com/site/grv8scseries/standings
kuba now holds a 20 point lead over Alonso.

Less than 8 hours remain for Bathurst A submissions
Files recieved:
Alonso (A)
kuba (A and B)
Reh (A)
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

I've done 08A and 08B.
I didn't liked the automatic login idea for 08B. It completely broke my routine. :vsad:
puttz

Post by puttz »

I just ran my first race, but accidentally hit a key before saving :doh: I hate that! So, what I want to know from you all is, should I just be marked as absent this round, and receive no points, or should I recieve a DNF and get last place points. I'll let you help me decide, since I don't want to appear that I am giving myself an advantage. I have a screenshot attached as proof that I ran the race, but I tapped a key other than escape by accident before saving the game :vsad:

Merged double reply from Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:02 pm:
MidnightRunner wrote:I've done 08A and 08B.
I didn't liked the automatic login idea for 08B. It completely broke my routine. :vsad:
Er, I think this is a browser issue. I have nothing set up for automatic login, according to the timer you logged in twice for the A stint, but since you made me aware of what happened, I will take the second "A" login as your "B" login, and no penalties will be assesed. If you are going to log in to another round in the same series, you have to exit the browser completely and start a new instance, or you have to clear cookies from your browser before logging in for the second round. This issue is not unique to my compo, I've had it happen to me in other compos. Although I haven't yet received your B files at this point.
Attachments
shot0000.jpg
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

You should definitely get points for your effort.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

DNF seems to be most logical IHMO, so like Kuba says. :)
puttz

Post by puttz »

OK, I have scored myself as a DNF (I likely would have been in last place anyway, my run was terrible :headbang: )
Results of the A stint are now available, we have 5 drivers that have competed in the first segment, and one DNF. I have decided that I will permit A stints to be submitted after the stated deadline, but with a penalty of 30 seconds per day.
Standings after 25km: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... V9JUXpUS2c
Alonso with a huge lead, I think it will take a huge mistake for him to be overtaken for first, but it is a tight battle between Reh and kuba for second, with less than a second separating the two drivers. It could go either way. We will find out on Sunday, after the second 25km are completed. Good luck to all :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

puttz wrote:Er, I think this is a browser issue. I have nothing set up for automatic login, according to the timer you logged in twice for the A stint, but since you made me aware of what happened, I will take the second "A" login as your "B" login, and no penalties will be assesed. If you are going to log in to another round in the same series, you have to exit the browser completely and start a new instance, or you have to clear cookies from your browser before logging in for the second round. This issue is not unique to my compo, I've had it happen to me in other compos. Although I haven't yet received your B files at this point.
I've sent to you again.

by the way, i didn't known that it was to be a TT. The site says it is a Race. :?
Attachments
race.png
puttz

Post by puttz »

:scared: :doh: I didn't realize that the site said race! Sorry about that :weep: You will still be getting points for this round, though. Oh, I think I see what must have happened with your email, for some reason or another it got delayed, I had it in my inbox over an hour after your login :sadbana: I will remove the late submit penalty that I was going to put on your time (it probably won't matter, anyway). That's my fault on the race/TT thing, sorry again.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff