GeneRally V8Supercar Series [R] [HL] [TT] [login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
puttz

GeneRally V8Supercar Series [R] [HL] [TT] [login]

Post by puttz »

Hello all! I present to you a new competition, the GeneRally Australian V8 Supercars championship.

Thanks to all the content creators that have given me permission to use their content:
Competition type:
Login, time is “your race time” plus 5 minutes.

Login server: http://grv8sc.net76.net/
Series Website: https://sites.google.com/site/grv8scseries/
Email for sending saves: puttzracer (at) gmail (dot) com

When you sign up, I will PM you with a password and nickname for the login. To log in, use your nickname followed by the round number (for example, puttz02), and enter your password. You will be given a racing code. Create a driver with the racing code at the end, run your race, and send a screenshot and your savegame. For the filenames, use your nickname and the round number (e.g. puttz03 for round 3). Send it in a compressed (.zip, .rar, .tar, or .7z) file with the same name in an email with a subject containing your nickname, the round number, and GRV8SC. Files for each round must be recieved by 11:59pm GMT on the date listed in the schedule. If you have a legitimate reason that you will not be able to submit a round by the deadline, contact me via email or PM and we can try to work something out.

Schedule:
6/10/12- Round 0, Queensland test round (non points paying), Race, 5km
6/17/12- Round 1, Symmon's Plains, Race, 10km
6/24/12- Round 2, Queensland, Race, 10k
7/01/12- Round 3, Oran Park Long Course, Hot Lap, 5km
7/01/12- Round 4, Oran Park Short Course, Race, 10km
7/08/12- Round 5, Sandown, Race, 10km
7/15/12- Round 6, East Creek, Time Trial, 10km
7/29/12- Round 7, Barbagallo, Race, 10km
8/01/12- Round 8A, Bathurst Segment 1, Time Trial, 25km
8/05/12- Round 8B, Bathurst Segment 2, Time Trial, 25km
8/12/12- Round 9, Hamilton, Hot Lap, 5km
8/12/12- Round 10, Calder Park, Race, 10km
8/18/12- Round 11, Surfer's Paradise, Hot Lap, 5km
8/19/12- Round 12, Surfer's Paradise, Race, 15km

The Rules:
You must place your driver in the list first, followed by the AI's (order of the AI's doesn't matter.) If you fail to do this, you will be penalized. You must use the "points, reversed" setting for the starting order so that you will start in last position.

There are no cutting rules, if the checkpoints allow it, it is allowed. The exception to this rule is the pits. You may not use the pit lane or pit access roads as shortcuts. If you do not stop when you enter the pits (unless you are forced there and you do not gain an advantage), you will be penalized.

If you are lapped by AI cars, you will be placed at the bottom of the finishing order

For Hot Lap and Time Trial rounds, ghost cars should be turned off. You may not pit during Hot Lap rounds. Your first lap does not count in Hot Lap rounds.

Settings:
Settings for Race and Time Trial rounds:
Tire wear: 20%
Fuel consumption: 12%
Fuel mass: 50kg
Damage: 15%
Starting order: points, reversed

Settings for Hot Lap rounds:
Tire wear: 0%
Fuel consumption: 0%
Fuel mass: 50kg
Damage: 15%
Ghost Cars off

Penalties:
Forgetting screenshot: 20 seconds
Send wrong file: Back of the Pack
Use wrong settings: Back of the Pack
Cutting through pits: 30 seconds for first offense, Back of the Pack for subsequent offense.
Use modified AIs: Back of the pack
Use wrong manufacturer: 20 seconds
Wrong or no racing code: DSQ
Use modified files: DSQ for first offence, if there is a second offense, you will be excluded from the remainder of the championship.
Late submission (send files after the time limit for login): 30 seconds
Start in wrong position: 30 seconds
Use incorrect file name: first offence warning (test round is not included), subsequent offences -2 championship points.

Points scoring:
1st: 25
2nd: 20
3rd: 17
4th: 14
5th: 11
6th: 9
7th: 7
8th: 6
9th: 5
10th: 4
11th: 3
12th: 2
13th and below: 1
DNS: 0
1 point bonus for fastest lap. This bonus will not be awarded in Hot Lap rounds (obviously :P )
1 bonus point for winning against all AIs

For teams with two drivers, team points will be determined by the highest finishing member of the team (e.g. only one driver counts towards team points per round.)

Special Bathurst event rules:
This event is divided up into two 25km segments. The actual race time will be the total of the two segments combined. I will try to get the results of segment 1 posted within a couple of days of the segment deadline so that everyone will know how things stand before segment 2. The round numbers are 08A and 08B.

In the case of a tie for a position, the driver with the faster best lap gets the better finish. If it is tied in a Hot Lap round or a Race or TT is still tied with the best lap, both drivers will get the points for the position they are tied for.

In order to enter, use the following form in your post:

Nickname:
Number:
Team:
Nationality:
Manufacturer (Ford or Holden):
Car Colors: ###/###/###; ###/###/###

Note that the main color of the car will actually be the secondary color, and the highlights on the sides will be the primary.

No more than two drivers may be on the same team. Teammates must use the same manufacturer, it is not allowed for one team member to drive a Ford and the other a Holden. You may choose any combination of up to 3 numbers (0-999), except the numbers 1, 2, and 3, which will not be allowed (however, you are allowed to use 01, 003, etc.) If there is a future running of this series, the top 3 finishers will have a right to those numbers.

Despite the fact that the first race is not for points, please do run it and send it to me so that I can make sure that I am able to read everyone's files.
If there is anything you think I missed in the above description, please let me know. Also feel free to post ideas/critiques or ask for clarifications. This is my first compo, and I want to get it right :bg: Which means it should be fun for me to administrate, and fun for you as the drivers. See you on the track. :greenfg:

Entrants:
46-puttz (USA)
23-Trigger Happy (CZE)
50-CuteLego12 (PHI)
32-Rafael (BRA)
33-Harryson (BRA)
27-Alonso (CRO)
8-kuba (POL)
6-Reh (GER)
77-LegoDino77 (FIN)
Teams:
Volcano Motorsports (Ford): puttz, LegoDino77
Scuderia Minadi Jaguara (Holden): Trigger Happy
CL12 Master-Racing (Holden): CuteLego12
Razgriz Racing (Holden): Rafael, Harryson
Croatia Racing Team (Ford): Alonso
Destiny Racing (Holden): kuba
planetgenerally.de (Ford): Reh
Attachments
GRV8Supercars_v4.zip
Changed version of Symmons Plains, some tracks modified.
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 258 times
Last edited by puttz on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 45 times in total.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
puttz

Re: GeneRally V8Supercar Series (Sign Ups) [R] [HL] [TT] [lo

Post by puttz »

And I will now sign myself up, since it is now a login competition, and thus I will have to run the same as anyone else.

Nickname: puttz
Number: 46
Team: Volcano Motorsports
Nationality: USA
Manufacturer (Ford or Holden): Ford
Car Colors: 255/255/000; 240/000/000
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

You stole my idea :angrywait: link No, it's fine, as my compo was scheduled for 2013 or 2014 ;) But I can't join as I would miss probably 5 events and I'm experiencing time problems even now :D
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Just a question, which of the events are the TTs? The two Bathurst stints? :scratch:

BTW with added login I'll likely join (proper sign up bit later), I just afraid of too extensive calendar (e.g. I could live without the Yas Marina or the last round can be pressed in one week like the 4th). :) The test round is wise idea in this case. :up:

Good luck! :bg:
puttz

Post by puttz »

whoops, I just realized that I took out the rounds that were TT. :roll: I'm thinking that running Bathurst as a long TT might be a good idea, since the AIs can make it quite messy. Opinions? And I've also thought about trimming the schedule a little, should I eliminate some of the races on the double weekends and trim down to maybe 10-12 rounds?
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

:up: to the small reduction of rounds. Same for the time trial at Bathurst, it has quite close walls, without AIs it will be really more funny. :)

Trigger Happy
Scuderia Minadi Jaguara
CZE
Holden
255-210-030 / 000-030-120 (or vice versa)
CuteLego12

Post by CuteLego12 »

Nickname: Cutelego12
Number:50
Team:CL12 Master-Racing
Nationality: Filipino
Manufacturer: Holden
Car Colors:255/255/100; 150/255/255
FEEL THE POWER OF GENERALLY

CuTeLeGo12

SegaRallyForever!
puttz

Post by puttz »

I will accept test rounds only starting today, that way you can run it whenever you can squeeze it in. Once the test round is over, I will start accepting files for the actual series.
Last edited by puttz on Thu May 17, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

Nickname: Rafael
Number: 32
Team: Razgriz Racing
Nationality: Brazilian
Manufacturer (Ford or Holden): Holden
Car Colors: 240/000/000; 000/000/000
puttz

Post by puttz »

Note to all potential and current entrants: I will likely be unable to respond to any messages or pm any login information for about a week. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
harryss

Post by harryss »

Nickname: Harryson
Number: 33
Team: Razgriz Racing
Nationality: Brazilian
Car Colors: 255/216/000; 000/000/000
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Nickname:Alonso
Number:#27
Team:Croatia Racing Team
Nationality:Croatian
Manufacturer (Ford or Holden):Ford
Car Colors: 255/###/###; 255/###/###
kuba

Post by kuba »

Nickname: kuba
Number: 8
Team: Destiny Racing
Nationality: Polish
Car Colors: 63/191/63; 63/191/63
puttz

Post by puttz »

Alright, I am back and able to get back to the organization of this compo. The three drivers that have signed up since my last post should have received their login details. I will update the site with the new entrants within a couple days. Good to see there will be at least one other Ford driver in the field :bg: (Looks like Holden will smash Ford in the manufacturer's standings :scared: )

Reminder: The deadline for the test round is in one week at 11:59 pm UTC.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

I am considering a slight change to the rules, but I would like input from the competitors. What I want to know is, on the race rounds do you want to keep my original rules with a last place start, or change it to starting in first position? I put in a poll, please only vote in it if you are signed up or intend to sign up at some point. I originally thought that having the drivers start last would make it more of a fun challenge, but then I realized it may also make it more of a random crap-shoot, since the AI's can be very erratic, interfering, and tend to punt people in the turns on some courses (due to the car physics), and thus could mess up somebody's race. So, what do you think, or do you not care either way?
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

Actually I like the idea of starting from back - in every other compo (except GTT where Qualifications decides) we are starting in front of AIs and starting from back would be nice change.
Reh

Post by Reh »

Reh
planetgenerally.de
GER
Ford
Car Colors: 200/0/0; 0/100/0
:cflag:
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
visit www.planetgenerally.de !
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I'm not attending but just giving my thoughts on the starting position: it's not only about the random AI but the fact that better racers also deal better with the traffic so starting from the 6th place would mean that the difference between good and less good racers would be bigger already in the beginning. Just my :2c:
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

So what rule should we apply for the test round considering the deadline is in couple of days?
puttz

Post by puttz »

I'm going to stick with starting in last, I'm not seeing an overwhelming majority for starting in first. So, my original rules stand, and the poll is closed.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Files received so far:
puttz
Alonso
kuba

You have 3 1/2 days to submit test round files.

Warning to Alonso: You apparently have the wrong game pack, please download the latest version that is in the first post. I was still able to read your file, however. There will be no penalty this time since it is a test round, but there will be penalties in the future. Another minor point, apparently somehow or another the AIs had their manufacturers changed, I don't know if that was intentional, or if something screwy happened. I suspect that something screwy happened since the ones that were supposed to be Fords were Holdens, and vice-versa. Hopefully downloading the new pack will fix this. :bg:

Warning to kuba: Your files have the incorrect name, you used 01 instead of 00. No problem there for this round since it is only test, and I assume that the 01 was just force of habit, but in the future you will have a BOP penalty. The official first round is 01.

Note to everybody: Please make sure that you have the most recent gamepack, which is in the first post.
Last edited by puttz on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Sorry I had no idea :doh:
This is why is good to have a test round :bg:
Once again I apologize, and thanks for the warning.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

puttz wrote:...Warning to kuba: Your files have the incorrect name, you used 01 instead of 00. No problem there for this round since it is only test, and I assume that the 01 was just force of habit, but in the future you will have a BOP penalty. The official first round is 01.
I hope you're joking with the BOP as threat for such a minor thing, it'd be totally inappropriate to weight of offence. ...

Edit: Also if the cars of both manufacturers have same performance, what's the point of the trouble, if a particular AI has one or another? :)
puttz

Post by puttz »

Trigger Happy wrote:I hope you're joking with the BOP as threat for such a minor thing, it'd be totally inappropriate to weight of offence. ...
You are right about, I'll reconsider the harshness of the penalty there. However, the trouble comes in on the weekends where there are multiple rounds. That would make it confusing for me if someone has named their files incorrectly, and I likely won't be able to read the file and will therefore assume that they have cheated in some way, such as modifying the track or using a different version of that track.
Trigger Happy wrote: Edit: Also if the cars of both manufacturers have same performance, what's the point of the trouble, if a particular AI has one or another? :)
I do not plan on penalizing if the manufacturers change (sorry, I didn't make that clear). However, please don't go intentionally changing manufacturers just because it is not against the rules, it makes me wonder if there may be other things that are illegal going on.

Alonso: No problem mate, that's why I wanted a test round, so that all the bugs could be worked out without having to worry about points :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

puttz wrote:
Trigger Happy wrote:I hope you're joking with the BOP as threat for such a minor thing, it'd be totally inappropriate to weight of offence. ...
You are right about, I'll reconsider the harshness of the penalty there. However, the trouble comes in on the weekends where there are multiple rounds. That would make it confusing for me if someone has named their files incorrectly, and I likely won't be able to read the file and will therefore assume that they have cheated in some way, such as modifying the track or using a different version of that track.
Sorry, but how you "won't be able to read the file"? Am I missing something? Can't you simply unpack it and see distance and track in save file?