GeneRally V8Supercar Series [R] [HL] [TT] [login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
puttz

Re: GeneRally V8Supercar Series (Sign Ups) [R] [HL] [TT] [lo

Post by puttz »

kuba wrote:
Sorry, but how you "won't be able to read the file"? Am I missing something? Can't you simply unpack it and see distance and track in save file?
No, the trouble is that I can't get the save reader that most people use to work on my computer, so I've had to use a different one that requires you to place the correct track in the same directory as the save file, or search for the correct track on your hard drive. After playing around with it after I read your files, it looks like it will be possible to determine which track is the correct one for the file. Although I suppose I could just figure it out when I play the replay in GR :doh: My apologies for my incompetence :sweatdrop: So, how does a 10 second penalty sound for incorrect file names?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

About the file names I'd personally wouldn't affect race results by this detail as it has no influence on it (it gives no race advantage over other drivers) but ''just'' makes your life harder, so I'd rather recommend taking away champ. points, if repeated (1 or 3 per offence from champ. standings). :scratch:

Also check out other tools helping to check files - savegamemerger, majortom's analyser etc.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Duly noted, rules updated so that you will lose 2 championship points for incorrect filenames for second and beyond offenses, and the first offence is a warning. kuba, you are OK, the test round mistake will not count against you as your warning :bg:

I do have savegame merger, but that can't be used in TT and HL rounds from what I understand, and majortom's tool is what I am using for save analysis.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Less than 7 hours remain for sending test round files.
Files received:
puttz
Alonso
kuba
Rafael
Harryson

Warning to Harryson: late submission, this will be penalized. Also, your racing code is incorrect. Please pay attention to capitalization, your code should have been r1 instead of R1. This will be penalized with a DSQ in accordance with the rules in the future. There is also a non-penalty note, there is no need to put the name of the track in the save, just your name and round number is sufficient :bg: And also please name your screen shot with your nickname and round number as well, again if you forget there is no problem or penalty, it's just a convenience thing for me.

Still waiting for Trigger Happy, Reh, and CuteLego12 if they choose to participate in the test. Signups will be open for the whole season, so you may join at any time :D
Last edited by puttz on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

About 2 hours remain for sending test round files. Have not received from Trigger Happy and CuteLego12.
Files received:
puttz
Alonso
kuba
Rafael
Harryson
Reh

Note for Reh: No need to send the track file, I do not require that for this compo. Also (there will not be a penalty if you forget to do this) please name your screen shot with your nickname and round number.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

I think that I ran with the wrong car. :doh:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I re-downloaded the gamepack, found there no trk for 00 race, so as long as the login is based on code I raced on 02 after login as it's supposed to be held at same location. Right? :)
puttz

Post by puttz »

Trigger Happy: Yep, both 00 and 02 are at Queensland, so you are OK. I changed the name from starting with 0002 to 02 in the new pack since I figured that everyone was smart enough to figure that out.

Rafael: Yes, you did use the wrong car, but I will not be issuing penalties for that in the test round. Penalties will be enforced for running the wrong car in the points paying rounds, however. This round was mainly a test to make sure I had everything working and in order, and also to work out any bugs that you as the drivers might have (example, wrong game pack), and also issue corrections where necessary without affecting points :bg:

I will get results from the test round posted sometime within the next 24 or so hours, I have a file from everyone except CuteLego12. I have uploaded the files for anyone who wants to check them out.
The top 3 were within 3 seconds of each other :woohoo:

Login for rounds 1 and 2 are now up. So, without further ado, :revs: the lights go out, the green flag waves, :greenfg: and we are underway! :drive:

Don't forget to reset the distance to 10km!
Attachments
00QueenslandtestB.zip
Results part 2
(811.05 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
00QueenslandtestA.zip
Results part 1
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 176 times
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Re: GeneRally V8Supercar Series (Round 1) [R] [HL] [TT] [log

Post by puttz »

Results are in! :cflag: Here is the rundown:
00Queenslandtest.png
Congrats to Alonso, taking the win (by nearly 2 seconds) and the best lap :winner:
Congrats to the other podium finishers, Trigger Happy :silver: and kuba :bronze:
Thanks to everyone who submitted a file for the test round :bg: Now things get serious, it's all for points now!

Penalties :blackfg: : Harryson, late submission
Link to detailed results in Google docs spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 3NNMDJ6RGc
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
LegoDino77

Post by LegoDino77 »

Nickname: LegoDino77
Number: 77
Team: none
Nationality: Finland
Manufacturer (Ford or Holden): Ford
Car Colors: 255/000/000; 000/000/000

My first race, this is gonna be so FUN ;D! I don't care if I loose!
puttz

Post by puttz »

LegoDino77, please choose a team. You can make one up (such as LegoDino racing), or as you are running a Ford, you may join Volcano Motorsports :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
LegoDino77

Post by LegoDino77 »

Okay, I choose Volcano Motorsports to my team. :rally:
puttz

Post by puttz »

3 days and 4 hours left for round 1. Files received so far:
Alonso
puttz
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
LegoDino77

Post by LegoDino77 »

I sended the files. ;D
puttz

Post by puttz »

Under 2 days left for round 1. 4 Files received so far:
Alonso
puttz
LegoDino77
Rafael

LegoDino77, please check your email and respond.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

12 hours left for round 1. 5 Files received so far:
Alonso
puttz
LegoDino77
Rafael
kuba
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

2 hours left for round 1. 7 Files received so far:
Alonso
puttz
LegoDino77
Rafael
kuba
Reh
Harryson

Still waiting on Trigger Happy and CuteLego12
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Race done, nothing great (too many mistakes), but if I count well, it was my 500th event. :bsmile:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Alright, results are in for round 1 :cflag:
01SymmonsPlains.png
Alonso again the big winner :winner: Wins the best lap award also. We may have found our champion already. Excellent drive by the Scuderia Minadi Jaguara Ford driver. However, the next three in the finishing order were Holdens, including the other podium finishers, kuba :silver: and Trigger Happy :bronze:. Also a good drive by Rafael, coming in just over a second behind third place Trigger Happy.

And now, to the penalties :blackfg: :
Harryson: late submission (+30 seconds)

LegoDino77: Incorrect AI (BOP), late submission, and a warning for wrong track version. As a rookie who had little idea as to what exactly was going on, I will not be disqualifying for the wrong track version this time. I have had correspondence with LegoDino77, and he understands his mistakes.

Alonso Reh: Disqualified for not having a racing code in the driver's name. What happened there, mate? I'm sure that was an honest mistake and you simply forgot to put the code into your driver name. Pity, you had a very good run.

And now here are the current standings:
Round01points.png
The zips of all the files are present, as is a top six merged replay which also contains the timer file from the round with IPs removed (these are in the C zip file).
Round 2 submissions are still open, and I have now opened rounds 3 and 4 for login. Note that round 3 is a 5km Hot Lap round (which means no AIs), and round 4 is a 10 km race.
See you at Queensland for round 2 :bg:

Detailed Results:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... nF0MWRhTWc
Team Points: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 2hsSWFkZ2c
Manufacturer's points: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... W11dWdxb1E
Attachments
01SymmonsPlainsC.zip
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 159 times
01SymmonsPlainsB.zip
(1.85 MiB) Downloaded 155 times
01SymmonsPlainsA.zip
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 160 times
Last edited by puttz on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Are you sure? :o
My racing code was eI and on my screenshot you can clearly see that I have the right racing code (AlonsoeI).
Reh

Post by Reh »

Did you get my files? :scared:

Edit: I see, with Alonso you mean me...
puttz wrote:Alonso: Disqualified for not having a racing code in the driver's name. What happened there, mate? I'm sure that was an honest mistake and you simply forgot to put the code into your driver name. Pity, you had a very good run.
I created a new driver and then chose the wrong one. :headbang:
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
visit www.planetgenerally.de !
puttz

Post by puttz »

Sorry Alonso, I meant to put Reh instead of you for the disqualification in the post :doh: I had Reh as the disqualified driver in every place except the penalties list :headbang: . Alonso, you are the winner, I have the correct file.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
LegoDino77

Post by LegoDino77 »

When I downloaded the file (Race file) startet generally, the screen was too big, so big, to I cant go to settings and put resolution smaller/Higher ;D
puttz

Post by puttz »

Really? What size screen do you have? Are you using one of those small netbook computers? The screen size in the compo pack should be set to 960x600 in windowed mode. :shrug: If that's too big, and you can't get the screen size smaller, PM me.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: GeneRally V8Supercar Series (Round 2) [R] [HL] [TT] [log

Post by Mad Dan »

press alt enter and set it easily :p :D
Last edited by Mad Dan on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.