GWR / Points System

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.

What is your opinion about GWR points system ?

Perfect, do not change anything !
30%
Almost perfect, change only some details..
30%
Good, but it can be improved.
25%
Complicated, it need some simplifications.
5%
Too complicated, make the system as simple as possible.
5%
Bad, I don't understand anything !
No votes
No opinion ...
5%

Total votes: 20
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

GWR / Points System

Post by Jo.sk »

Hello everybody :goodvibes:

I need to have your opinion about the current points system of GWR.
Please, give me your suggestions if you think some changes are needed (I have my own idea, but I wait your answers) and when do they should be applied (now, next year, ...).
And obviously, if there are some modifications, the past results won't be affected !

Regards,
Jo :wave:
Bird

Re: GWR / Points System

Post by Bird »

I don't care about the point system, because it is the same for all drivers. So far, the best racers were at the top of the table, so the point system seems to be fair.
Supporter of Windows 98
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Bird wrote:I don't care about the point system, because it is the same for all drivers. So far, the best racers were at the top of the table, so the point system seems to be fair.
Thanks for the answer. Yes, the system seems to be fair but I thought it was a little bit complicated. According to the votes it is not the case :sweatdrop:

Only 6 votes and 60 views :roll: if you don't want to write a comment : please vote, it only takes a few time and the result will be more significant with more voters ;)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I think it is ok :). Though recently there was not so many events so I see there is not so big reason for counting only the good results.
But really, it seems fine :) thanks for all your work with GWR :bg:.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Mad Dan wrote:I think it is ok :). Though recently there was not so many events so I see there is not so big reason for counting only the good results.
I think there's still the reason since there are still relatively many events. IMHO in Generally 2012 the leader is currently the fastest driver overall, which would not be the case all the results were included.
Dany

Post by Dany »

It is really great to have someone who can administer such a fantastic database! I can only say (again and again): Thank you very much! :bowdown:

There is only one thing I would change: Why aren't driver rewarded for taking part on many events? There are only a few drivers who really drive on every event which is in the calendar (or nearly every race), but this drivers (can) keep some series alive (e.g. Grand Tour Trophy).
So I think there must be a bonus for those drivers. (Ok, I'm one of the drivers who take part on nearly every event, but I think some others may have the same opinion...)

The other thing I wanted to add ist already there: Thank you for making the Nation Ranking.

Ah, and two little things to change: In the Hall of Fame has Puttz (Rookie of the Month April) a German flag, but he is American. The other thing is that Reh is listed as Nation of the Month March :rofl: !!
Edit: Oh, I see he already posted it in the official GWR thread! ;)

I hope that there will be more comments! :bg:
Visit http://www.planet-generally.de !!

Number 1: Rookie of the Month March 2011

Part of the planetgenerally.de Team
puttz

Post by puttz »

I think it seems a little complicated, but maybe that's just me. It seems to work fine as is despite that, perhaps there is some room for improvements, although I'm not so much into the GWR since I doubt I will ever compete in enough events or be competitive enough to score well in the rankings, so my opinion may not be as valid as others with much more experience than me :greybeard: I would say wait until next year to implement any changes.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Thanks for the comments !
Dany wrote:It is really great to have someone who can administer such a fantastic database! I can only say (again and again): Thank you very much! :bowdown:
;)
Dany wrote:There is only one thing I would change: Why aren't driver rewarded for taking part on many events? There are only a few drivers who really drive on every event which is in the calendar (or nearly every race), but this drivers (can) keep some series alive (e.g. Grand Tour Trophy).
So I think there must be a bonus for those drivers. (Ok, I'm one of the drivers who take part on nearly every event, but I think some others may have the same opinion...)
In fact, these drivers have points for all the event where they take part (but only 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, ... depending to the number of event and classification by best result).
puttz wrote:I'm not so much into the GWR since I doubt I will ever compete in enough events or be competitive enough to score well in the rankings
Do not be discouraged, it's only the beginning of your driver career ;)
puttz wrote:I would say wait until next year to implement any changes.
Yes, I plan to apply the changes (if there are some changes) only for 2013 :bg:
puttz wrote:I think it seems a little complicated, but maybe that's just me.
I have a simpler point system in my mind :

Events :
N = number of driver, P = position
Points = A x B x C
A = race points = (N+Bonus*)pts for 1st ; (N-1)pts for 2nd ; (N-2)pts for 3rd ; ... ; 1pt for last or DNF.
* Bonus for winner = 0 (1 to 9 drivers) ; 1 (10 to 19 drivers) ; 2 (20 to 29 drivers) ; ...
B = distance multiplier = 1 (0-9.999km) ; 2 (10-19.999km) ; 3 (20-49.999km) ; 4 (50-99.999km) ; 5 (>100km).
C = login multiplier = 1 (no login) ; 2 (relaxed login) ; 3 (classic login) ; 4 (surprise login).
Penalty for disqualification (only for cheating) = -(winner's points) and at least -50pts.

Month or year ranking :
Score for each category = X best results + Bonus**
Score for general ranking = X best races + X best hotlaps + X best timetrials + Bonus**
X = 5 (month) ; 30 (year).
** Bonus (to reward drivers for taking part on many events) = 1pt for each event / top 10 / top 5 / podium / victory / best lap / pole position.
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

The winner are : Perfect/Almost perfect.
Then I will change only some little details, especially to manage unexpected cases :)