Mantov's Tracks Compo [SURPRISE] [TT]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
puttz

Mantov's Tracks Compo [SURPRISE] [TT]

Post by puttz »

Good day, everyone. I have here a new competition, the Mantov's Tracks Compo (or MTC for short) presented by the newly created NAGRCA (North American GeneRally Championship Association) organization. There seems to be no surprise competitions at the moment, so I figured why not make one? This one is designed to require a small amount of time, as each round is only 5 laps. As you may be able to tell, the tracks to be used are designed by Mantov (I have his blessing to use the tracks). Other than that, I can't tell you more about the tracks since it's a surprise :haha:
Now a little bit more about the competition:
We will be using the default formula as the car of choice.
There will be 4 rounds, and the final standings will be determined by the cumulative time over each round. The top 3 drivers in each round will receive a time bonus (-3, -2, and -1 second respectively).
More details on the rules can be found on the website: http://puttz.byethost31.com/MTCRules.html

Schedule:
Round 1: August 5-August 11
Round 2: August 12-August 18
Round 3: August 19-August 28
Round 4: August 29-September 2

Settings:
tire wear: 0%
fuel consumption: 0%
fuel load: 25kg
damage: 15%
ghost cars: off

The login window will be 5 minutes, I know it's tight, but I want to make sure people don't have a chance to restart after a lap or two.
Send the files (savegame, screen, and track) to puttzracer :taped: gmail :vsad: com. Files will be due at 11:59pm GMT on the last day of the login window. The first round will begin on August 5th, so you have a couple of weeks to sign up. Login is here: http://puttz.byethost31.com/MTClogin.php

To sign up, simply put your nickname, team, and nationality in a post here, or send me a PM if you prefer. Privateer entries are also welcome :bg: I will PM you your login info once you are signed up. To race, go to the login page, enter your nickname and password, download the files to the compo directory, start GR, select your driver and the track, and run your race. Don't forget to create a savegame and screenshot at the end, and also make sure to include the .trk file in the zip along with the save and screen.

Hope that you all will enjoy this compo as something a bit different :bsmile:

Entry List:
Alonso (CRO, Croatia Racing Team)
kuba (POL, Destiny Racing)
Scaramanga (CRO, Croatia Racing Team)
Reh (GER, planetgenerally.de)
Edsid (ARG)
APEX (ITA)
Dany (GER, planetgenerally.de)
Mad Dan(CZE, Monkey Racing)
Attachments
MTC v1.0.zip
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 226 times
Last edited by puttz on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
puttz

Re: Mantov's Tracks Compo [SURPRISE] [TT]

Post by puttz »

38 views, and nobody has signed up or even commented about this? I guess this must not be what people are looking for in a compo :worried: Anybody interested at all?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

We are in the middle of holiday season, couldn't move schedule for 1 month forward?

Also pack with Mantov's tracks from which you will choose would be nice so we can at list briefly check out where we going to race.
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

I'll join because this compo will take just 5 minutes a week.
Alonso
Croatian
Croatia Racing Team
BTW I agree with kuba regarding the tracks.It would be nice to see what we are dealing with.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Alright, here is a trackpack containing 10 possibilities for the compo, only 4 of them will be used, however. I haven't decided which yet :P
And about moving the schedule, that is really as late as I want to go since I will be starting the new semester at school actually during the last week of the current schedule, and I do not think I will have time for compo organizing during school after the first couple of weeks :vsad:

Edit: forgot to attach the trackpack :doh:
Attachments
MTC TrackPack.zip
(600.5 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

Count me in.

Kuba
Poland
Destiny Racing

Maybe you can make login for all 4 races ready on start so people could make all rounds at once?
scaramanga

Post by scaramanga »

Scaramanga
Croatia
Croatian Racing Team
Reh

Post by Reh »

Reh
Germany
planetgenerally.de
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
visit www.planetgenerally.de !
puttz

Post by puttz »

OK, competitors, the login files are now up for the first round. Any driver is welcome to join through the end of round 1.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Edsid

Post by Edsid »

Ok, five minutes a week, i can do it.

Edsid
Argentina
Privateer
:bg:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Remember, deadline is at 11:59 GMT tonight. Files so far:
Alonso
Scaramanga
kuba
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Reh

Post by Reh »

I....well.....something's wrong with me in the last few weeks, maybe I'm in love without knowing it... :headbang:
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
puttz

Post by puttz »

OK, I have uploaded login files for the second round. I think I will make a change to the rules here, and go to a more standard points system for the series, since I realized that one bad round would basically knock a driver from contention with the way I have it now since the series is so short :( I'm thinking 7-5-3-2-1 for points. Does that change sound alright to everyone? By the way, results will be up tomorrow. I have stuff analysed now, but I just want to make a double check on things before releasing the results. Then you may discover the reason for why I want to go to points instead of cumulative time.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

OK, results and points are up on the website. Here are the finishing results: http://puttz.byethost31.com/images/MTCR1.png
Now, just to make it clear, I shall state this here before people start complaining about the cutting penalties.
The Rules wrote:section 6.b: Cutting and wallbanging is prohibited. Cutting will be defined as intentionally leaving the racing surface. The racing surface is to be considered as the asphalt and kerbs. If the car is more than halfway off of the kerbs on the inside of the turn, it shall be considered as cutting.
I could have probably handed down even more penalties, but did not. I only penalized very clear instances of cutting (most of the penalized cuts were on the second turn with the lightpost on the inside.) I have attached replays for those who wish to view them.
Attachments
R1Brownville.zip
(168.92 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

All right :)

I drove a bit protective after reading rules - which BTW surprised me a lot knowing rules in v8 supercars.

P.S. Puttz, can you keep 2 standings - times (original) and points (new one)?
puttz

Post by puttz »

Right, I realize the cutting rules are a significant departure from the rules in V8 Supercars. I did this so that a) I wouldn't have to modify the files to remove possible shortcuts (which would have required a lot of editing), and b) So that some drivers would not try to take advantage of potential shortcuts (which did happen, thus the penalties), while others might drive more conservatively. As for the multiple points, sure, why not? The official standings will be points, but just for fun I will also track the total times and post them here in the thread. Going to go do that now :bg:

Standing by time:
1. kuba: 1:57.03
2. Reh: 2:05.65
3. Alonso: 2:07.06
4. Edsid: 2:30.70
5. Scaramanga: 2:35.70
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Edsid

Post by Edsid »

Late submit?
How many minutes?
I need to know please. I dont waste time, i dont restart the race, i dont know how i could be late. Im not happy with this. :kickcan:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Sorry, according to the timer you were approximately 2 minutes late, Edsid. The late submit doesn't affect your finish, though, or the official standings since it is now by points rather than time.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Edsid

Post by Edsid »

OK, i think i do it faster this time. :nod: Not the race, that was a disaster... i was fast in sending the files. :nod:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Round 2 is complete, and I have all files. Round 3 is now open. I will have results likely on Monday or Tuesday. Be aware that you have a few extra days for submission of round 3 :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Alright, sorry for the delay in getting this round's results up :sorry: Here they are:
http://puttz.byethost31.com/images/MTCR2.png
Also, the standings are updated on the site. It was a very close race for the win this time, let's see how things turn out in Round 3! :D Track used for Round 2 was Laguna Peaks.

Standings by time (which will be the tie breaker if there is a tie in points)
kuba: 4:05.47
Reh: 4:12.28
Alonso: 4:12.49
Scaramanga: 4:48.73
Edsid: 4:59.86
Attachments
R2LagunaPeaks.zip
(210.09 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
APEX

Post by APEX »

APEX
Italy

am I in time?
puttz

Post by puttz »

Sure, welcome APEX. You missed the first two rounds, but are welcome to compete in the final two. There is just over 24 hours left for round 3, so hurry and submit your files :bg: PM sent, by the way. I assume you are racing as a privateer?
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Reh

Post by Reh »

The login for Rd. 3 doesn't work for me. :(
When I login it redirects me to the round 2 file, but it doesn't download, but redirects me again to a webhosterpage. :sick:
:redfg:
Dany

Post by Dany »

Hello Puttz!

Finally I'd like to join this competition!
I hope it's possible! :bg:

Dany
Germany
Planetgenerally.de (if Reh will let me :please: :mrgreen: )

Cu Dany
Visit http://www.planet-generally.de !!

Number 1: Rookie of the Month March 2011

Part of the planetgenerally.de Team