International GeneRally Tournament (by NAGRCA) [HL] [Login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
ExKirby

Re: International GeneRally Tournament (by NAGRCA) [HL] [Log

Post by ExKirby »

Upload replays NAOW! :mad:

But seriously, I can't really video edit without the replays :shrug:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Wow, I didn't expect myself in such a good position. Actually I was waiting myself rather to the backend of top16, but then, I'm more than happy to be finished as sixth. ^^ This is going to be a tight race between Cristiano and myself, can't wait for this one. :yummy:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Hangman

Post by Hangman »

2 laps for a hotlap is pretty punishing... Have to start doing better :worried:
Rampage.
Spacethingy

Post by Spacethingy »

Baargh... :D Never mind, not bad for my first compo!
Good luck everyone for the next round!

Serious question - did the screenshots have to .bmp? Or could the .cfg be changed to make them jpegs? A lot of that 6/7 minutes is taken up by uploading the files if you're on slow webmail.
Niko K

Post by Niko K »

Everything went as bad as expected. :D
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain
puttz

Post by puttz »

Here are the Replays from Qualifying :bg: Ordinarily I'd put them on the site, but the FTP service seems to be acting up at the moment, probably has to do with the upgrade that they are doing at the moment. As soon as I can, they will also be put on the official site.

@Spacethingy: I'm not sure, you'd probably have to check with the individual compo organizers. I'm not sure if the program I am using (HotLapCheck) will accept .jpg also or only .bmp files.
Attachments
QualifyingReplays.zip
(412.19 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
bgcatfan

Post by bgcatfan »

Herbal wrote:Wow, I didn't expect myself in such a good position. Actually I was waiting myself rather to the backend of top16, but then, I'm more than happy to be finished as sixth.
Precisely how I feel! I thought I did very poorly and was quite relieved to find I had a decent result :goal:. And now I have a matchup against a strong opponent, Reh. It will be tough, but if my drive my best I think it will be a good fight :yummy:.

edit: And congrats to TuomoH! Always happy to see him on top. :)
ExKirby

Post by ExKirby »

puttz wrote:Here are the Replays from Qualifying :bg: Ordinarily I'd put them on the site, but the FTP service seems to be acting up at the moment, probably has to do with the upgrade that they are doing at the moment. As soon as I can, they will also be put on the official site.
Consider me video editing :D

So I OW MY THROAT
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

:yummy: That was one good login! Although I lost 0.2 seconds at Hakkarata, I set a personal record on Hawady and missed my best time at Surkit (which I found hard to reach in training) only by 0.02 seconds :cool2:
ExKirby

Post by ExKirby »

Hrmph... stupid PC... this may take longer than I thought. Technical errors.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Reminder: less than 5 hours until the round 1 deadline.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
akouk

Post by akouk »

it was a surprice login for me because I trained on the wrong tracks :doh:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Login for round 1 is officially over. :cflag: 13 files were received, fortunately no two DNS drivers were in the same bracket. Results may be delayed as I have an exam that I will need to study for, so I may not get results and new logins up until sometime Tuesday.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

One question, how is shortcutting defined? 1/2 width of a car beyond the kerb (so that you still have 2 tyres on the kerb) or 1/2 width of a car between the kerb and the car (so that there is an other surface between it)? Especially at Shandown I have problems to know about shortcutting right. Are the walkways/tarmac areas around the white line considered as a part of the track?
Btw, do you think that 1s is enough for Shandown IF the walkways are not a part of the track? In that case shortcutting would still give you an advantage. ;)
puttz

Post by puttz »

Shortcutting is 1/2 the width of a car beyond the kerb. If your car is almost fully beyond the kerb, it is a penalty. And it is +1 second per offence.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Ok, thanks for the reply! What about "flying" over the corners 2 and/or 3 at Shandon? :)
puttz

Post by puttz »

That'll be hard to judge, as pretty much everyone will fly off that turn, so I probably won't be handing out penalties there unless there's something really blatant. Just try to keep it between the lines and you'll be fine :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Results are now up! Congratulations to all of the drivers who advanced, it looks like it should be quite a good fight for the IGRT crown with this group :bg: The times were quite close between many of the top drivers, so this tournament is going to get very intense. Replays are uploaded on the site, and the new logins are now posted. By the way, on the time results the people with the same color laptime bar were racing against each other in the bracket.

Bracket and results: http://puttz.byethost31.com/IGRTBracket.html
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I'm very happy with my results :yummy: Though I'll need some good training, Herbal is in good shape! :D
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

XYY wrote:I'm very happy with my results :yummy: Though I'll need some good training, Herbal is in good shape! :D
Yeah, this seems to be a great battle between us... :yummy:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Buka

Post by Buka »

Would be interesting to see my shortcutting. :scratch:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Buka wrote:Would be interesting to see my shortcutting. :scratch:
On the first turn, you cut too far inside. 3 wheels were in the grass, and the 4th was barely on the road. I could see grass between your LF wheel and the pavement. You were not the only driver who did that.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

One more question: will you take the other lap if one lap was shortcutted and gets penalised so much that the other one was faster? :mrgreen:
bgcatfan

Post by bgcatfan »

I have a question about cutting. On Mexico WT, are we allowed to cut down to the sunk tyres, or do we have to stay between the lines? There are no curbs there, and the rules on the site say we can't go 1/2 car past curbs or sunk tyres.
puttz

Post by puttz »

XYY wrote:One more question: will you take the other lap if one lap was shortcutted and gets penalised so much that the other one was faster? :mrgreen:
Nope. Only the fastest lap counts. As far as I am concerned, the first lap does not exist.
bgcatfan wrote:I have a question about cutting. On Mexico WT, are we allowed to cut down to the sunk tyres, or do we have to stay between the lines? There are no curbs there, and the rules on the site say we can't go 1/2 car past curbs or sunk tyres.
Yes, you may go down to the sunk tires. If there are sunk tires on a track that are near the inside of a turn, that is the limit to where you are allowed to cut. You won't be penalized for driving over top of sunk tires, but doing so certainly won't help your time any :P
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff