International GeneRally Tournament (by NAGRCA) [HL] [Login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
bgcatfan

Re: International GeneRally Tournament (by NAGRCA) [HL] [Log

Post by bgcatfan »

I just logged in and instead of downloading the files it sent me to webhosting ads. So it's a false login for me. :shrug: Please don't hold it against me if/when I can download the files and do my race.
puttz

Post by puttz »

OK, got it. Let me check out the server. I will not count the login :bg:

Edit: You should be good now. Zip was incorrectly named. :doh: Guess I'm not getting any awards for good compo managing... :roll: :compko:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
akouk

Post by akouk »

You must make it very clear for Shandon town. For such wide, fast & partialy stund track is very likely to go or fly beyond the curbs. If you drive too carefully then you get radically reduced time.
puttz

Post by puttz »

I will be very lax on the stunt type portions of that track. The flat sections will be enforced more tightly, but I will not be penalizing in the hillier sections of the track.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Reh

Post by Reh »

I guess I was a few hundredths too slow. :(

Good luck to the rehmaining guys!
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
visit www.planetgenerally.de !
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Just came back from a trip and saw the penalty. I must say that the way the rules are written didn't suggest me that it'd be wrong to do what I (and I guess Buka and akouk as well) did:
IGRT Rules wrote:Do not cut the track. Cutting will be defined as making a blatant move to go beyond the curbs/sunk tires by more than half of a car.
Didn't see any sunk tyres or curbs there so I thought it's perfectly alright since it wasn't clearly forbidden. :roll:

IMHO this is quite a nasty situation since Buka was dropped because the rules weren't clearly written...
Dany

Post by Dany »

Reh wrote:I guess I was a few hundredths too slow. :(

Good luck to the rehmaining guys!
What a pity! Congratz to Hangman and good luck for everybody else there... :bg:
Visit http://www.planet-generally.de !!

Number 1: Rookie of the Month March 2011

Part of the planetgenerally.de Team
puttz

Post by puttz »

Round 2 is officially closed. I will hopefully have results and new login up sometime on Monday, by Tuesday at latest.
Sorry about the cutting penalties, I meant that to be part of the rules as well, but sort of assumed that staying on the tarmac would be understood and so didn't put that in the rules :vsad: Perhaps I should stick with the same cutting rules as in V8SC, if the checkpoints allow, it is legal.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Results for round 2 are in! :bg: Check them out results, replays, and more here: http://puttz.byethost31.com/IGRTBracket.html
Congratulations to the 4 semifinalists, the position is well deserved :bg: Good luck in getting into the final, and earning the right to be called the first IGRT champion :winner: Login is now uploaded, so the racing may begin.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I see 0 wins for everyone. ;)
puttz

Post by puttz »

Let's try this again. I thought I uploaded the new bracket image, but apparently I didn't. It's fixed, and now you can see who won ;)
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Wow, it was quite lucky that I won against Herbal :P Now it's going to get hard against akouk :D Btw, I see that bgcatfan got a half point. What would happen if akouk and I both got 1,5 points? :mrgreen:
puttz

Post by puttz »

XYY wrote:Wow, it was quite lucky that I won against Herbal :P Now it's going to get hard against akouk :D Btw, I see that bgcatfan got a half point. What would happen if akouk and I both got 1,5 points? :mrgreen:
See rule 4-g. I already made provisions for that possibility.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
bgcatfan

Post by bgcatfan »

I'm not surprised :). Congrats, akouk. This style of competition was a new experience for me, and I don't think I've adapted to it yet. I'm very pleased to have made it as far as I did, feeling as if I've not done my best all three rounds. I wish the best of luck to the remaining competitors :bg:

Edit: I'm very happy to have gotten .5 points from this round :D
akouk

Post by akouk »

Congrats to you too, after your performance in mach12 it was a tough bet :bg:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

What about the very unlikely situation of a tie on all three tracks? :D
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

TuomoH wrote:What about the very unlikely situation of a tie on all three tracks? :D
I bet in that case earlier login time would decide.
XYY wrote:Wow, it was quite lucky that I won against Herbal :P Now it's going to get hard against akouk :D Btw, I see that bgcatfan got a half point. What would happen if akouk and I both got 1,5 points? :mrgreen:
Well, after running my race half-drunk, I actually wonder, how I could go so quickly... :rofl: Nonetheless, you've deserved advance more than I did. :bg:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
puttz

Post by puttz »

TuomoH wrote:What about the very unlikely situation of a tie on all three tracks? :D
Well, I might just have a single race tiebreaker on the spare track, Grisco. I don't expect that to happen, though :mrgreen:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
akouk

Post by akouk »

please advice
Attachments
nyrpol 10.JPG
puttz

Post by puttz »

No to all. Those will be considered cutting.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Just did my login but I must say it's just mean to have as bumpy track as Nyrporl'10 and then forbid going over the kerbs. The checkpoints are there for a reason. :P
puttz

Post by puttz »

Files have been received from all drivers. I may not be able to get results and final round logins up until Wednesday. I have final exams that I am studying for that will be over on Wednesday, then I will have much more time to devote to compos :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Semifinal results are in!!!! http://puttz.byethost31.com/IGRTBracket.html
Congratulations to
TuomoH and XYY
for beating all of the other competition and making into the final. Based on the previous rounds, this looks to be a good fight for the tournament crown :bg: Good luck to both of you, and may the best driver win :winner:

Logins for the two finalists are posted, and the login time will be 9 minutes since there are two extra tracks to be raced.
Edit: Replay files are now up.
Last edited by puttz on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

WHAT? I'm in the final? :goal: Wow, that's what I call efficient training: I trained no more than 1 hour! :mrgreen: Maybe I should start practising 15 minutes before the deadline of the last race... :twisted: Btw, also battle for yearly hotlap ranking with you, TuomoH? Rather not, you've probably won it already :rofl:

Unfortunately the replay download doesn't work...
akouk

Post by akouk »

XYY wrote:WHAT? I'm in the final? :goal:
Congrats :bg: