GRV8 Supercars Season 2 [Login] [TT] [R]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
puttz

Re: GRV8 Supercars Season 2 [Login] [TT] [R]

Post by puttz »

Sorry, but results will be delayed by one more day. I'm on my last few days of vacation from school, and I'm spending as much of it as possible with friends.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
puttz

Post by puttz »

Okay, sorry for the long delay in results :sorry: Here we go!

Round 8 at the Surfer's Paradise street circuit was relatively quiet, with Alonso taking the win in dominating fashion, and TuomoH locking up the season championship by taking the second spot on the podium. Reh took the final podium spot, closing to within 4 points of kuba. With Alonso's win, there was no way he could be knocked out of second spot for the championship, thus the only significant battle for points position in the next race would be for the 3rd podium spot, between kuba and Reh.
Results from Surfer's Paradise: http://puttz.byethost31.com/images/V8SC2/08Surfers.jpg

Round 9, the final round of season 2 of the GeneRally Austrailian V8 Supercar series took place on the Homebush street circuit. It was a mere formality for TuomoH to show up as even if he didn't race, he would still have the championship crown. But he and 8 other drivers showed up for the race, and it was a good one. kuba took an early lead, but that wasn't to last as he was overtaken by TuomoH and Alonso. TuomoH held the lead after the pit stop, but a couple of laps later, Alonso made his move at the chicane and never looked back, taking the victory by 3.5 seconds. TuomoH came in second, and the podium was rounded out by kuba, who secured the third spot in the championship. Reh was never a factor in the race, and never put up any real challenge to kuba during the course of the race.
Results from Homebush: http://puttz.byethost31.com/images/V8SC2/09Homebush.jpg (Video of the final round may be coming later if I can get a video made and commentate the race.)

And now, to the points. The clear winner with a dominating performance was TuomoH, this season's GRV8SC champion :winner: :champa: :champa: Once again, Alonso takes the runner up spot in the championship, and also 4 wins on the season. He got hot near the end of the season, so watch out next time! In third, the final podium spot, is the defending champion, kuba. These three drivers will have the right to use the numbers 1, 2, and 3 respectively in the next season. In total, 15 drivers drove in races this season, making this season better attended than the previous season. I hope S3 will see an even larger grid and more close competition. In the team standings, we find PGR.de atop the standings by virtue of their two drivers racing the entire season and pulling out decent finishes. And finally, Holden takes the manufacturer's crown.
Final points standings: http://puttz.byethost31.com/V8SC2Points.html

Thanks for the great season, everyone. I hope you enjoyed racing this season, it was a pleasure to host :bg: See you in S3! Look for it most likely in next December, I may have something else up my sleeve for Summer :hiya: :please: Also be on the lookout for the revamped International GeneRally Tournament sometime in the future. But not too soon, I need a break from organizing for now (college classes starting very soon.) This is puttz, for NAGRCA and the GRV8SC series, signing off :cflag:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Congrats to the well deserved champion :bg:
Thanks to puttz for organizing a fun season :up:
Just a note for the next season.Maybe it would be better to separate Bathurst event as an independent round, but that just my point of view. :)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Thanks for the championship! So as you already asked about feedback, here is some:
- You well organised the championship and everything worked well. :bg: In this context I don't really see much room for improvement.
- The tracks were (mainly) interesting and nice to drive. The only slight problem I had was that the sunktyres at Black Rebel's tracks are placed quite far from the actual track (and I personally don't like that so much, because then you have to cut). Unfortunately, driving the tracks didn't feel like in real. Especially if I look at Bathurst, where I jump through the esses and Dipper or where I have to break at half of the conrod straight to not miss The Chase, or Sandown, where the "chicanes" were taken in such a way that you only had to lift your finger from the throttle, I didn't quite get the feeling of the tracks and the series. :shake2:
- Bathurst format was ok for me, although I in the end decided to sign up for the whole event anyway.
- Maybe a yearly rhythm would work better, because then people can calculate when the series will be held and they probably even look forward to racing in your competition once more. But in your current rhythm, there are no extremely big breaks between the champs, so that people may get bored. :roll:
- I didn't enjoy the cars, really. I often had to motivate myself to actually race at all, because it was like drifting all the time. And I even felt that you could decelerate better if you were drifting than if you were braking. The high tyre wear didn't improve this impression. Also the fact that mistakes (like hitting the grass or a runoff) cost you a lot didn't motivate to race on. The worst thing was really that I couldn't get comfortable with the car at all and this took a lot of my motivation. :worried: Of course it's neither your problem (because you didn't make the cars) nor is it Haruna's Problem (although he does care about what others say, he doesn't neccessarily need to follow the opinion of the majority), but it's rather my problem because I knew right from the beginning which car I would drive for 9 races/TTs. And I was not the only one who had problems handling the car. :shock: I guess it's just the fact that they are very different from the "normal" GR cars which makes them so uncontrollable. So it's going to be your problem if the car doesn't attract the interested people.

In sum, you proved yourself as a good competition organiser ;) But if you'd use the same cars in S3, I wouldn't join. :shrug:

I know, this may read as a quite negative feedback, but I hope it helps you for your future decisions and competition ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Congratulations to Tuomo, Alonso and Kuba. :bowdown: Also akouk was very fast during the season. :up: Little bit weird feeling to see him bellow my name is overall standings. :shrug: Congrats to PGR team too! :bg:

A bit of feedback, next time it'll already be 3rd season, so I'd personally prefer higher rotation of tracks (e.g. Philip Island, Adelaide were traditional V8 tracks, but I'd even welcome less strictly AU calendar with mix of AU and NZ tracks together).

The timing I liked, at least for me these 2 races per week are all right as long as I still have whole week between events to find a time to race (unfortunately not case of qualy-race compos bothering by deadline each 3rd/4th day).

Car physic itself OK for me, but too much tyre wear (or too short races - 10 km races with 2 stops/stints of 4-5 laps are bit too short for me). But it was much more fun than driving more trivial physic, which makes training not a task with a driving challenge after 5 laps (like Luke's formula in SF), e.g. occasions of driving optimally through final chicane at Bathurst was one of most rewarding moments in compo-racing for me. In sum, it gave me a lot of fun, keep it up, please! :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

:winner: As you guess, I'm very satisfied. :) Congrats to Alonso as well, you had very solid performance in the last races and the 2nd place was truly deserved. :shaking:

Thanks for the compo, I had lots of fun. :cool2: I must admit that I started the season to be competetive in last year's GWR but I liked the tracks and cars so much that had no motivational problems. I think the format of a TT and race every week with the same deadline is the best. Also Bathurst was good. I loved the street courses the most and wouldn't mind having more of them. You were thinking about having a TT only compo but at least for those street tracks I absolutely loved the races there. When it comes to cars, I liked a lot about the fact that you had to learn how to use them and they were a challenge - this way succeeding feels even better. :2c:
Bird

Post by Bird »

The reason why I didn't wanted to join the series at first are the street circuits (especially Hamilton and Homebush), because I think that the car is undriveable at them. But there were also absolutely excellent tracks, like Bathurst, Eastern Creek and Sandown. These tracks have such a nice and fluid track layout. Please keep the Bathurst format, because there had been a good attendance. The race mode with timetrail and race together is goo. Also I loved the car, because it's difficult to drive with much sliding and a high top speed... very good! (in contrast to that, you should drive the Superleague Formula Car, which is more a motor scooter than a race car)
Supporter of Windows 98
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

XYY wrote:I guess it's just the fact that they are very different from the "normal" GR cars which makes them so uncontrollable. So it's going to be your problem if the car doesn't attract the interested people.
So different? People need to realize there are more cars to drive in the vanilla car pack other than the Formula.
Are McTurbo drivers a dying breed or something?
Trigger Happy wrote:Car physic itself OK for me, but too much tyre wear (or too short races - 10 km races with 2 stops/stints of 4-5 laps are bit too short for me).
The cars I made for this season were not optimized for high tire wear at all - normally with all my cars I use tire wear less than 4% rate. Thanks for the feedback, however.
TuomoH wrote:When it comes to cars, I liked a lot about the fact that you had to learn how to use them and they were a challenge - this way succeeding feels even better. :2c:
Bird wrote:Also I loved the car, because it's difficult to drive with much sliding and a high top speed... very good!
Thanks. I developed the cars to be on the oversteering end of balance deliberately. I wanted to force drivers to drive in a more methodically aggressive (if that makes any sense) manner. Because most people are used to the Formula or understeering cars like Paw's GT cars or Herbal's touring cars, I decided to go against the tide and introduce a car which is dynamic and very playful on the limit.

-

It was great to see my cars being used in a competition that wasn't my own, and it is also great to hear the feedback about the cars. I feel the best cars for competitions are the ones which are not so stable, since the driver has more to worry about other than his racing line. With most cars used in competitions today, I feel "clutch" (high pressure) situations are too easy, so it is really rewarding to get through a tough situation unscathed in cars that don't handle so overly tightly.

Maybe the difficulty of the cars raises the minimum skill level needed to be reasonably competitive a bit too high, but ultimately I prefer that to having a car who is so easy to drive I forget I'm driving a race car.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion