GRV8 Supercars Season 2 [Login] [TT] [R]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: GRV8 Supercars Season 2 [Login] [TT] [R]

Post by TuomoH »

Just a quick notice to everyone: If you try to do the both logins during the same browser session, it is likely that you will automatically login to the first race again. This happened to me but after restarting Firefox it worked as it should.

I really liked Hamilton, even though I had one AI incident at the esses.
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Is it too late to login for the Hamilton race
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
akouk

Post by akouk »

puttz wrote: Submission deadline is at 11:59 GMT on the date listed in the schedule.
If it means am :?:
kuba

Post by kuba »

@ivaneurope

go go go, you have time until midnight.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I just made one of my worst races ever :rofl: My slow and insecure driving wasn't enough, I also lost over a second to my best lap and flew over the wall so that I finished behind the AI's :doh: Timetrial wasn't good either, but in comparison to the race ok.
kuba

Post by kuba »

My timetrial was a bit slower than the best practice which I expected. Race wasn't bad, I believe I had good strategy.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Login for rounds 3 and 4 are now up, and Bathurst is open for submissions. I will get results up for rounds 1 and 2 as soon as I can, it will certainly not be until after Christmas. Have a safe and happy holiday :mail: :drink: :champa: :santa:
By the way, I should clarify, there is a stated deadline, but until I take the login for the round down, you may still login. However, you will automatically receive a late submit penalty if you login past the deadline, and there is no guarantee that login will still be up after the deadline. So if you missed the deadline, you can still try to login, it may or may not still be there. I tend to try to take the login down asap, but that does not always happen. Another clarification, it is 11:59 pm GMT.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
puttz

Post by puttz »

Okay, the results of round 1 are in! http://puttz.byethost31.com/images/V8SC2/01Symmons.jpg
Congratulations to the podium finishers in Symmon's Plains:
:winner: Alonso :silver: TuomoH :bronze: akouk
Judging by this round alone, it looks like it is going to be another very competitive season. Round 2 results should hopefully be up by sometime tomorrow. As of now, drivers points only as determined by round 1 are listed on the site. They will be updated along with posting team and manufacturer points once I complete the Hamilton results.

Also, a managerial note: when you login you must download and use your own copy of the track even if you are on the same computer as another racer, do not reuse the track used by the other person. I am talking to mikucci and Dulkinas, do not do this again or there will be severe penalties which may include being banned from the compo, especially since you did not send the track files to me. Dulkinas, you are fortunate that I decided to let you have the fast lap bonus. This notice goes for all other racers as well. I do not want to have to ban anyone from this compo or blacklist them from NAGRCA, so please follow the rules. Thank you.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

And now the round 2 results are completed as well :cflag: Congratulations to the podium finishers at the Hamilton Street Circuit:
:winner: TuomoH :silver: kuba :bronze: Reh
Another close race, the 2-5 place finishers were within about 6 seconds of each other. In V8SC, every second counts. Now we're on to Barbagallo and Queensland through the end of this weekend, and then the ultimate challenge: Bathurst. Make sure that you have a team formed for Bathurst, don't want any championship driver left out of the race. Good luck on the next 2 races :bg: :greenfg:
Round 2 results: http://puttz.byethost31.com/images/V8SC2/02Hamilton.jpg
Points standings: http://puttz.byethost31.com/V8SC2Points.html
Last edited by puttz on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

Why do I have Best Lap's bonus? Shouldn't Reh has it?
puttz

Post by puttz »

Wow. How did I screw that one up? Sorry guys, my brain is not working well after the holiday :headbang: Fixed. :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

About 7 hours left to race in rounds 3 and 4. Remember that you can still attempt to login after the deadline, but you will automatically receive a late-submit penalty.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I think you mess up two things into, one is deadline of round and being late after login time. For which of those I received the penalty, please?
puttz

Post by puttz »

Trigger Happy wrote:I think you mess up two things into, one is deadline of round and being late after login time. For which of those I received the penalty, please?
Um, I'm not entirely sure what you are asking here Ivo. :shrug: Are you asking what the penalty is for? If so, the penalty mentioned would be for logging in after 11:59 pm GMT to do your race as long as the login is still up (which it still is at this time, and probably will be through New Year's).
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

That's strange, because I sent my files at (R2) 23:31 and (R1) 23:41 CET, which should be GMT+1 (so 22:31 and 22:41 GMT)? :scratch:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Oh, I'm sorry, Ivo. I thought you were talking about the current rounds. Okay, the late submit penalty for R2 was for a late submission of files, not for logging in after the deadline. You had two logins for round 2, one at 17:22 EST (GMT-5) and a second one at 17:33 EST. I received your R1 file at 17:41 EST, and your second at 17:45 EST. Your login for R1 was at 17:35 EST. I always go based off of the earlier login, so therefore your submission was about 15-20 minutes late. Not sure what happened there, I don't think there was any intent of cheating, but I do have to stick to the login rules, or else my compo has no credibility. :sorry: I can upload the timer here if you want to check this. Although because this may have to do with email issues, I would possibly reconsider the penalty, but it won't make a difference in the finish order if the penalty is removed, so there's really no point in making any changes at this point.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Well, now it's more clear! Please, try to weak wording in rules to distinct the two types of being late. :)

And to my issue, I first raced R2, then I wanted to login for R1, but happened what Tuomo mentioned above in top of the page.

So at 17:22 EST I logged in first time for R2, raced and had already my R2 files sent, when I logged in for R2 for ''2nd time'' at 17:33 EST (as mentioned above, R2 files I've sent at 17:31 EST). Then I restarted my firefox and logged in properly to run R1 at a minute or two later (could be the 17:35 EST), then I sent the R1 files at 17:41 EST. Are you sure that my files arrived so late? :ouch:

Edit: solved via PMs.
puttz

Post by puttz »

For those of you who may be wondering, I am working on results right now. They should hopefully be up within in a few hours :bg: Bathurst login is open, please don't forget to find a teammate if you do not have one. If you have a 2-driver team, I will assume that you are driving as a team unless informed otherwise.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Results for rounds 3 and 4 are now in!
http://puttz.byethost31.com/V8SC2Results.html
Congrats to
TuomoH
on his double win this past weekend. It was another pair of hard-fought races with close results for several positions.
The points standings have also been updated http://puttz.byethost31.com/V8SC2Points.html
TuomoH
takes a huge lead over second place driver
kuba, the defending GRV8SC champion
. It is starting to look like we have our champion for the season already.

Now we move on to Bathurst, the big event. Good luck to all teams, and may the best pair of drivers win :bg: Also, I have determined what I will do if only one driver on the team drives. The total time will count as twice the single driver's time, plus 1 minute.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Well, my race is done. I couldn't keep my car off of the walls to save my life :cap: And I took more pit stops than a person with a small bladder on a long road trip :hide:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Is it only me or do all AI's in Sandown spend more time in the runoffs than on the actual track? :shock:
puttz

Post by puttz »

XYY, Sandown is a TT, Eastern Creek is the race round.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Sorry, the order is a bit misleading (because usually the TT is the 1st event and the race is the 2nd event), so I got confused. :P
fmonteiroa

Post by fmonteiroa »

can I join?

Fabricio
I have no team
Brasil
(0-0-0 / 255-255-255)

how do I download the tracks and cars?
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

fmonteiroa wrote:how do I download the tracks and cars?
Download the pack in the first post. :)