GRV8 Supercars Season 2 [Login] [TT] [R]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
fmonteiroa

Re: GRV8 Supercars Season 2 [Login] [TT] [R]

Post by fmonteiroa »

the following message appears "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. "
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

That's a thing related to the forum; try to login again (Or use automatic login and accept cookies ;) )
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

fmonteiroa wrote:the following message appears "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. "
Make sure you were logged in while trying the downloading, according my test of your user permissions you should have access to the file, if being logged in (so not if browsing as guest). If problem persist ask in forum support, please.
fmonteiroa

Post by fmonteiroa »

I managed to access the file, thank you
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Perfect. :) Good luck in the season, Fabricio! :bg:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Bathurst login deadline has been extended to 11:59 pm GMT on 1/7 due to a driver reporting a login issue. I will get that fixed tomorrow.

@fmonteiroa, I will get you your login info as soon as I can. You will be able to start racing in round 6. Also, what manufacture will you drive?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
puttz

Post by puttz »

Deadline for Bathurst has been again extended to 11:59 pm GMT on January 8. Logins for rounds 6 and 7 are also now open.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Bathurst results and quick recap here: http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewt ... 601#p72601

Points have also been updated on the site, TuomoH appears to have an insurmountable lead at this point in the season with the way he is driving. It will be a battle for second through sixth positions http://puttz.byethost31.com/V8SC2Points.html
And as a note, for team points, the Bathurst points did not count double for the drivers who were both driving for their team. So, for example, planetgenerally.de earned only 20 points instead of 40. In the case of Trigger Happy, his points were counted towards SMJ, so Liekki Racing did not score double points, either. The same went for Manufacture points.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

By the way, I'd like some feedback on the race format for Bathurst. I'm not sure if I'll do it the same next season or not, especially the opening it to outside drivers since there really weren't that many extra drivers anyway. Opinions? Comments?
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

puttz wrote:In the case of Trigger Happy, his points were counted towards SMJ, so Liekki Racing did not score double points, either.
I was driving the Liekki car in this event as its one-off second team driver, so technically SMJ didn't show up at all at Bathurst, so IMHO should not benefit anyhow of the result, right?

Otherwise I liked the format a lot, after long time we could enjoy team races again (since 12h Lombon year and half ago). :hyper:
Bird

Post by Bird »

This was the first team race in that I took part and I liked it a lot. It's very special because there is the pressure of not doing any big mistake as it will spoil the result of oneself AND of the teammate.
I liked the Bathurst track a lot, because it's a difficult track and in a 25 kilometre race, a mistake happens very easily.
I think that there had been some drivers, who joined the race from outside. If you look at the thread, there had been two additional drivers who wanted to compete, but didn't found a team, so there had been some people interested in Bathurst.
And the last thing I want to admit (although I don't know if a rule forbids it, but none of the teams made it), is that a team should be eligible to enter two cars in the Bathurst race.
Supporter of Windows 98
fmonteiroa

Post by fmonteiroa »

Today is the deadline to Eastern Creek and Sandown? Or only Eastern Creek?
Bird

Post by Bird »

fmonteiroa wrote:Today is the deadline to Eastern Creek and Sandown? Or only Eastern Creek?
It's the deadline for both races. Watch at the schedule: 1/13
Supporter of Windows 98
puttz

Post by puttz »

Due to one of the competitors not being able to run his race before the deadline, I have extended the deadline for rounds 6 and 7 to January 14 at 11:59 pm GMT.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
fmonteiroa

Post by fmonteiroa »

puttz wrote: @fmonteiroa, I will get you your login info as soon as I can. You will be able to start racing in round 6. Also, what manufacture will you drive?
sorry for the delay. I choose to drive the Falcon, I think is the ford
fmonteiroa

Post by fmonteiroa »

Team: NO Break
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

My TT was really bad. My race was quite good (at least faster than my training, although I didn't test a lot ;) )
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

XYY wrote:My TT was really bad. My race was quite good (at least faster than my training, although I didn't test a lot ;) )
Same here, race quite acceptable, TT a failure - in my case including couple of trips into sand. :doh:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

In my case not getting into the track's flow and especially not taking fresh tyres from the pits :doh: If I had waited 0,2 seconds longer, I'd have had them... :roll:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Logins for the final rounds are up, results will be posted as soon as I hear back from one of the competitors regarding something.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Okay, results for rounds 6 and 7 are in!
http://puttz.byethost31.com/V8SC2Results.html
Once again, a very tight race with a close finish. In round 6 at Eastern Creek, Reh beat Trigger Happy for the last podium spot by a mere .09 seconds. The top 6 were within about 5 seconds of each other. In fact, all except the last-place puttz were within 15 seconds. This is probably the closest race of the entire season so far. Alonso finally broke TuomoH's stranglehold on the top of the podium, relegating him to a second-place finish. Those are the only two drivers with victories this season to this point.

Round 7 didn't hold nearly as much excitement, unfortunately. TuomoH once again dominated. However, it was Alonso that managed to crack out the fastest lap of the race by a margin of .05 seconds, despite finishing 4 seconds behind the winner. Rounding out the podium was Reh, coming in another 2 seconds behind Alonso.

TuomoH has what is essentially an insurmountable point lead by now, but the crown cannot officially be handed to him yet. He needs to score at least 12 points, or 11 and one best lap, or 10 and 2 best laps in order to totally assure the crown, but is there any doubt that he can do this, barring an extreme unforeseen circumstance? The real battle will likely be for third, between defending champion kuba, and last season's third place finisher, Reh. And if Alonso has a bad round, there may even be a fight for second place.

The final rounds will take place on two very different street courses. One is all about rhythm through the chicanes, the other is about carrying speed through the turns. Good luck to all drivers, this has been a very good season so far, and should be exciting to watch the final rounds unfold. If there are any drivers who would like to compete in the final event that are not already signed up, please sign up and I'll get you your login info ASAP.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

As this season winds down (there's still a day and a half to submit your final round files), I'd like to get feedback from the drivers on this season so that I can have help with plans for next season (possibly Summer of this year, or not until Christmas break next year). What did you like/not like? What about the calender and racing formats? Should I continue to have race rounds, or should I go to a pure TT series? Also, what is your opinion on Bathurst? Any other comments/suggestions? You can post feedback here, send me an email, or shoot me a PM. :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

If there hadn't been the "jump over the wall and lose 30 seconds" incident, I'd have been 6 seconds faster than my fastest training in Surfers Paradise. :ashamed:
Spacethingy

Post by Spacethingy »

Attempted to total a hay-bale, shame they're indestructible.... :doh:

Great compo, Puttz, can't think of anything I'd like to change. I wouldn't like an entire TT compo - races are the most fun for me.
puttz

Post by puttz »

I likely won't be able to get results posted until Wednesday, I'm a bit busy at the moment. Login remains open to those who have not yet raced until further notice, but the late login penalty will apply.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff