GRV8 Supercars Season 2 [Login] [TT] [R]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
ellite

Re: GRV8 Supercars Season 2 [Login] [TT] [R]

Post by ellite »

ellite
LTU
Mercedes
0/0/0 0/0/0
puttz

Post by puttz »

Dulkinas wrote:Where I can download tracks?
Everything is in the compo zip in the first post, it contains a complete game with correct settings and the official compo training tracks, cars, and AIs.

@ellite, what team are you driving for, please?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Dulkinas

Post by Dulkinas »

When I login and make a mistake in race start, can I resart race? or I must keep going anyway?
Dulkinas

Post by Dulkinas »

My number is 17 and miccuci 7. please fix that
Bird

Post by Bird »

Dulkinas wrote:When I login and make a mistake in race start, can I resart race? or I must keep going anyway?
I want to know something about that too. I think, that the sense of the login system is to have only one possibility to drive (so if you make a mistake at the start, you have to go on and do your best). But does the competition creator really notice it, if a driver restarts his race? Who knows...
Supporter of Windows 98
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Bird wrote:But does the competition creator really notice it, if a driver restarts his race? ...
Partly depends on how login time is set, it should be very strict - to allow only the one ride and downloading/sending files but nothing more - so every restart after a mentionable portion of racing (after 1-2 laps) will be signalled by late submit time (resulting to penalty).

If the restart happens within 1-2 laps, it's way harder to catch. One way is having a defaultly set BL in login trk, which then is seen on delivered screenshot - if not identical, there was a restart after finish of 1st lap (or any other irregularity worthy of further investigation). But obviously this may be bypassed easily by re-extracting the trk from zip and rewriting it in the GR folder before the restart (overall matter of 10-15 secs), so won't be hinted by delay in login time. And restarting the race before any car crosses s/f line of 1st lap (1st chance to rewrite the set BL) is undetectable even without use of the re-extracting. On the other hand if one will keep restarting all over again to get perfect start into his race, he'll also fail in delivering within the login time and consequences are going to be same like in first case - penalty.

For that reason an individual restart in early state of race (e.g. start crash) may be almost undetectable for most cases, so the mantra of past compo organizers (like Murano in GRC) was something like this: if you restart in first lap or two, no problem happens (so you don't need to try hide the fact by re-extracting trk, your action may be transparent) as long as your files come in time, but if it causes your late submit (either because for racing too long portion of race or too many restarts), you'll have penalty for that delay with no mercy''.

It's reflecting both the truth about organizer's chance to detect it and also (more importantly and maybe surprisingly for somebody) the spirit of login ''to have only one possibility to drive''. If a trouble is done by AI in early lap (e.g. throwing your car behind a wall with no way back), it's so marginal breaking the ''one possibility'' principle, that it's tolerable. But if one would try to restart in half of the race after a crash and race again, it's way too big harm to the principle, that effectively negates its sense and deserves a punishment (and fortunately may be detected comfortably). So in such case of a crash in late state of race the driver should not restart, but stop in pits for repairs etc, if restarts, is penalised.

I personally try to follow this old logic while deciding these cases, because it's IMHO the most fair solution in the overall result, but depends from organizer to organizer, which the rules are.
Dulkinas

Post by Dulkinas »

@Trigger Happy Thank you for comprehensive answer.

It is true that in time trial (when racing alone) the car is more esay to control than in race with AI? Because my lap time in TT is about 1s better than in race with AI at same track and reach my best lap time in race with AI is mission impossible or something like that.
bgcatfan

Post by bgcatfan »

Dulkinas wrote:It is true that in time trial (when racing alone) the car is more esay to control than in race with AI? Because my lap time in TT is about 1s better than in race with AI at same track and reach my best lap time in race with AI is mission impossible or something like that.
Grip increases as skidmarks are left on the track. TT races with grip as if tarmac was completely covered in skidmarks (maximum grip).
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

It also has the relation of the behaviour to car physic, doesn't it? The grip values in car physic of ''Tarmac'' = clean tarmac in race, ''Tarmac 2'' = all tarmac in TT and tarmac covered by skid marks in race (not to confuse with TE colors?)? So the bigger difference between the grip values, the stronger this effect is in laptimes of race, correct? And Haruna uses pretty extreme difference between the two grip values of tarmacs, so we can feel it here more than maybe while driving any other car? I'm not entirely sure, how this works. :scratch:
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Trigger Happy wrote:It also has the relation of the behaviour to car physic, doesn't it?
Yes.
Trigger Happy wrote:The grip values in car physic of ''Tarmac'' = clean tarmac in race, ''Tarmac 2'' = all tarmac in TT and tarmac covered by skid marks in race (not to confuse with TE colors?)? So the bigger difference between the grip values, the stronger this effect is in laptimes of race, correct?
Yes.
Trigger Happy wrote:And Haruna uses pretty extreme difference between the two grip values of tarmacs, so we can feel it here more than maybe while driving any other car? I'm not entirely sure, how this works. :scratch:
Yes... actually, it's about proportionally similar to difference of grip values used on default cars like Formula and General.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Dulkinas

Post by Dulkinas »

I want to login, but I am forced to this page http://4075286381413319.securesignupoffers.org/d/
It is only for me or anybody has the same problem?
puttz

Post by puttz »

Login has not yet opened. You should be being redirected to that page because I don't have anything uploaded for login as of yet. I will announce here when I have put up the login files.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Is the 10km length count for the TT as well?
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Haruna wrote:Yes... actually, it's about proportionally similar to difference of grip values used on default cars like Formula and General.
Actually almost twice bigger than those two cars in fact (0,2 vs 0,35). :shhh: Anyway, thanks for making it clear. :up:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Yes, is it 10km for all rounds, except Bathurst which is 25km per driver.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
montekristas

Post by montekristas »

montekristas
LTU
Black Dragon
Mercedes
0/0/0 0/0/0
Spacethingy

Post by Spacethingy »

Hello Putz:
  • Spacethingy
  • CTD Racing (or whatever makes things easier for Bathurst)
  • UK
  • Nissan
  • 55/255/55 255/000/000
I should just say that I'm a pretty poor driver - sorry if you end up with me for Bathurst!
puttz

Post by puttz »

Login is now open for rounds 1 and 2. Good luck to all drivers.

@ellite: Will you be racing for Black Dragon?

Also a reminder for everyone, please be sure that you sign up your team for Bathurst. I will assume unless told otherwise that teammates are racing as a team. For single driver teams, please be sure to find a co-driver for Bathurst and list in the Bathurst thread what the team will be.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

TuomoH
Liekki Racing
FIN
Ford
90-160-255 / 150-0-255
puttz

Post by puttz »

So that you know, the rounds that are currently open are rounds 1 and 2, and also Bathurst is also open for login. I want to be sure to give everyone plenty of time to run their race for Bathurst.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Spacethingy

V8SC S2 Special Event: Bathurst 50k [Login] [TT] [Team]

Post by Spacethingy »

Just a quick what-if...

If some person :scared: attempts to total his car at Hamilton on a haybale and ends up completely stuck off the track, what would he do? Resign himself to a late submission penalty and start over?
puttz

Post by puttz »

Reminder: About A day and a half until the deadline for rounds 1 and 2.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Is driving like this at Hamilton allowed? :cool2:
Attachments
Hamilton.gif
Hamilton.gif (217.76 KiB) Viewed 4854 times
kuba

Post by kuba »

Read rules :)

6.a. There are no cutting rules. If checkpoints allow you to drive on an area, you are permitted to do so. The exception is the pits and access roads. You may not use access roads as shortcuts, and you may not enter the pits without making a stop.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Yeah, it just feels so wrong :D